UCLA (university of california, los angeles) tazer incident

You know, I may not agree with some things you post - but that's a great point.
Thank you. I think that's an important thing to remember when you encounter the various idiots you come across, because that helps you from developing your own stereotypes or assumptions about people and thus you can approach every situation without prejudice. It may not work all the time, but it helps before you start to form an opinion about an entire race, country, religion or whatever.

perhaps but you have no idea what percentage that would be and you can't even begin to form an opinion about anything by visiting a few airports.

yes... and I will never ever say the percentage because I will never ever know... but me saying that they do their Random checks based on Race won't change because of what I experienced... maybe it just so happened because the Airport security just so happened to be within that percentage or something... I hope you know me well enough after so many debates that I really try to come from an unbiased view and I never assume anything when it comes to sensitive issues like that...

I really would like to leave it at this point, I'm going to go out and enjoy my last Friday night in Melbourne for the year and we'll see you back here Tomorrow morning :D

You're done school so early Andy? I still have about 3 weeks left... :(

You're done school so early Andy? I still have about 3 weeks left... :(

Everything in Australia is the other way round :p, its summer here, my usual uni Schedule goes like this:

26th Feb - 27th May (Semester 1 and after that, about weeks worth of exams)
28th May - 22 July (Winter Break)
23rd July - 28th Oct (Semester 2 and exams after again)
28th Oct - 26th Feb (Summer Break)

Ours is still different... I get about 3 weeks off for Christmas but instead get almost 4 months for summer (unless you take classes then). I guess yours are more evenly spread out. Anyway, enjoy your time off buddy. I can't wait for my break either, even though it's pretty short compared to yours.

Ours is still different... I get about 3 weeks off for Christmas but instead get almost 4 months for summer (unless you take classes then). I guess yours are more evenly spread out. Anyway, enjoy your time off buddy. I can't wait for my break either, even though it's pretty short compared to yours.

Thats the system I was used to as well during highschool,(The brits do the same thing as well ;))

have fun during your holiday as well :D

they were talking about Racism!... please read the post:

I still remember it, Janus said:
He had some black friends who drive nice cars and cops automatically assumed that he was a drugdealer/car thief... etc, so they stopped him and held him at gunpoint.

No one said, Everytime ffs
Uh, no. Here is the quote I'm talking about, and no where does it say anything about black people or racism.
I watch "Cops" and am constainly amazed by the actions of the various police departments around America. Yes I understand that it is rather dangerous being a police officer in some areas of the US, but if I got pulled over for speeding, overed out of my car at gunpoint, handcuffed, searched, questioned, and generally knocked around I would be calling my government reps and calling my lawyers. Yet this is standard practice for a traffic stop over there.
andyhui01 said:
and there isn't a bandwagon, people only comment after viewing the picture/video, not before. I personally think everyone on the forum looks at evidence and only develops an opinion after they see it, its no bandwagon...
The problem is this video clip is short and crappy. It's only good for it's audio. And it only documents the last 5 minutes of an hour long incident. This video clip is by no means sufficient "evidence" to make an informed opinion. But that didn't stop people from making a whole lot of blind assumptions and some very ignorant claims.

Yes, I can blame him, and I stated the reason above. I blame him for being a bandwagon jumper just like either you or him (don't remember) accused me of being a bandwagon jumper in either this thread or the Iraqi kids thread.
Well, he knows what he's talking about, doesn't he. I mean, again, he was right.

The problem is this video clip is short and crappy. It's only good for it's audio. And it only documents the last 5 minutes of an hour long incident. This video clip is by no means sufficient "evidence" to make an informed opinion. But that didn't stop people from making a whole lot of blind assumptions and some very ignorant claims..

I was pretty sure all of us so called "Band Wagoners" came to an agreement that we will never know if the first taser was correctly used, we only came to an agreement that the 2+ tasers were unnecessary because we can see what happens between each taser after the first, is that still a blind assumption?

We already came to an agreement which you also agreed to, so why are we bringing this up again?

We already came to an agreement which you also agreed to, so why are we bringing this up again?
I posted last night, you replied, and now I'm responding. Am I not allowed to explain myself?

No, not according to the PATRIOT Act. :lmao:

That's a joke by the way if your hilarity-dar isn't working too good.

It doesn't count... the PATRIOT Act is so fucked up that it profiles white people too.

That was a joke. :p Besides, everything under the Patriot Act is subject to judicial review first.

The judiciary is easily the least powerful branch of government. It is for the most part there to do the bidding of the other two.

On another note, what is your avatar TomCat? If you inverted the colours it would blend in with the white background a lot more.

It's a tribal sun, it's the logo of the band Godsmack. I use to have an inverted one, but Bond kept screwing around with the Forum Style color scheme.

I had a friend photoshop a dozen different color schemes of my avatar, so I can change it every now and then, and still keep it the same in a way.

I posted last night, you replied, and now I'm responding. Am I not allowed to explain myself?

oops... too many posts has gone by so I thought your post was just out of the blue :lol:... I just read the previous post, I understand now... and Janus's last sentence didn't stay in my head very well... sorry

No problem. I just wanted maintain my credible reputation as a pain the ass.