Ugliest audience on the planet

Lol @ this thread. My bud and I were saying similar things about the audience. I did spot a mildly attractive cutie last ep though.

As an audience member at 1x04 (and someone that won't stfu about it), I can tell you that some of the real talent kept on hiding in the shadows. There was enough eye candy there, it's just that Aussie girls seem to be more shy and less attention whorish than their counterparts from Blighty. Either that, or the British dolly birds are so starstruck when Clarkson orders the ones with cleavage up the front of the audience at TGUK, they all comply.

The important thing is that Aussie hotness > UK 'hotness' any day of the week ... :mrgreen:

Its just part of the whole impact of the show,whats in the forground and background.

If the crowd is full of ugly toads, then turn the lights off, or cattle prod them away, but what "goes to air" is what the TV audience will critique whether its intentional or accidental.

Would you rather tune in knowing the audience will look like this....

https://pic.armedcats.net/a/an/anonymous/2008/10/25/CU1_000.jpg

or maybe have this stare at you in your loungeroom for an hour ?

https://pic.armedcats.net/a/an/anonymous/2008/10/25/CU_000.jpg

All it takes is someone picking their nose in the background and viewers will focus on nothing else. Why cant they replicate the UK idea of chicks up the front??

Last edited:
The important thing is that Aussie hotness > UK 'hotness' any day of the week ... :mrgreen:

Oh dear lord no. UK >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Australia.

I spent nearly seven years there remember, and I can assure you there there are 10x4.5^4328420 amazing looking women in the UK.

Oh dear lord no. UK >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Australia.

I spent nearly seven years there remember, and I can assure you there there are 10x4.5^4328420 amazing looking women in the UK.
That's because you live in Sydney :p

I thought that the typical British bird had oompa-loompa skin tones, too much implant and not enough cosmetic dentistry ... :?

I thought that the typical British bird had oompa-loompa skin tones, too much implant and not enough cosmetic dentistry ... :?

chav vs bogan, who will win :rolleyes:

Forget the looks, I think the English personality is part of the Top Gear charm.
Poms, male and female alike, in particular those in Australia, have a sort of 'social abrasiveness', composed of aggression, poor grammar and toilet humour that is quite charming in small doses and repulsive beyond that....

" Wot you like den A !

Ear ! , yooz tay'kn da piss ?

Fook you !!

Aisle av ya !"
https://pic.armedcats.net/a/an/anonymous/2008/10/26/hooligan.jpg

For people from a poor nation who were famous for their frosty reserve and politeness, theyve now spawned an era of extravagant fools and hooligans.
Not quite the nation of well meaning Hughs we thought they were...

https://pic.armedcats.net/a/an/anonymous/2008/10/26/Hugh.jpg

Or well meaning but innofensive laughs as in the Carry On.... movies.

If I was on a plane that crashed in The Andes I certainly believe that Clarkson would be one of the first to be carved up and eaten.
Especially if he was alive.

But the English 'cultural slant' translates well into television presenting.
Its quite refreshing to have someone tell the truth on TV. And the UK cast do it well, I believe what they say about the cars and the guys themselves are quite likeable. And that is probably the main strength of the TGUK show, honesty.
In the face of corporate hype.

But talking of ugly....

https://pic.armedcats.net/a/an/anonymous/2008/10/26/JCHAIR.jpg

The first two pics just showcase JC's natural manly form, but the 3rd pic is from a particularly recurrent dream of Magic Mushrooms and Lionel Ritchie I keep having...

Its not steam coming from his head , its fungal spores out to inseminate virgins...:blink::blink::blink::blink:

Last edited:
Most of them are fat decendents of poms anyway. :p There were some pretty looking young things but they were standing near the portible airconditoners rather than being up the front near the hot lights.

But talking of ugly....

https://pic.armedcats.net/a/an/anonymous/2008/10/26/JCHAIR.jpg

The first two pics just showcase JC's natural manly form, but the 3rd pic is from a particularly recurrent dream of Magic Mushrooms and Lionel Ritchie I keep having...

Its not steam coming from his head , its fungal spores out to inseminate virgins...:blink::blink::blink::blink:

:blink:

Ugly?? Dr Dr Clarkson?? How very dare you!!! He's GORGEOUS and just gets better as he gets older :p

I am sure the Oz audience look very similar (if a little fewer) to the UK audience. Memebers of the (female) public are moved strategically by the crew at TG UK. Perhaps that's something they don't do in Oz??

I don't understand why this is such a problem... before filming starts shouldn't the floor manager request that all the beautiful people come to the front of where the shot is taking place? Unless, of course, there are no beautiful people there... it is Sydney after all.

I don't understand why this is such a problem... before filming starts shouldn't the floor manager request that all the beautiful people come to the front of where the shot is taking place?

I was thinking the same thing, but how do you go about it without getting in trouble?
SBS being what it is may be afraid of some sort of PC nut who compains of discrimination if they get pushed to the back of the crowd because they are too fugly.

How do TGUK get away with it for that matter. It's obvious the front row of their audience is loaded.

I was thinking the same thing, but how do you go about it without getting in trouble?

Buy off the ugmos and fatty boombahs... with, I don't know... chocolate... or beer. Or chocolate AND beer.

Maybe if someone explained to them that 'your "nice personality" isn't something that can come across to the viewing audience, so please move to the back' or something.

How do TGUK get away with it for that matter. It's obvious the front row of their audience is loaded.

Based on televised evidence, I'm sure Jezza does it himself.... "ohh, you're quite cute and your top is see-through, come closer.... urgh, you have a two-tone beard, please move to the back.. further... further... no, look, seriously, go out through the door..."

Dons flameproof suit :cool:

The best looking women are in Adelaide or on the Gold Coast, pity the studio wasnt located in either of those spots, even Melbourne would have been better, they have the classiest and most sophisticated women in Australia (Melbourne would be a very close second to Adelaide and the Gold Coast)

I know it is an older post, but I HAVE to add my vote. Gold Coast is FULL of amazing women, but Townsville is the epicenter from my experience.

I honestly think Clarkson loads the front row based on cup size.
Just saying.

Last edited:
Forget the looks, I think the English personality is part of the Top Gear charm.
Poms, male and female alike, in particular those in Australia, have a sort of 'social abrasiveness', composed of aggression, poor grammar and toilet humour that is quite charming in small doses and repulsive beyond that....

Well isn't that because the Australians are basically the ones abandoned from the UK because they didn't have any good manners and were too aggressive for the UKdian society, just to express it in the nicest possible way :p :rolleyes:

*hiding somewhere where no one can throw a knife or worse at me* :lol: :thumbsup::spamsign:

Last edited: