UK Cops hate Honda Drivers, find excuse to blow one up in London

How can a mistake possibly be made that would cost anyone on the police force their lives? Either someone besides the police (i.e. the owner) moves the car, or they blow it up.

And don't we all live in cities with a constant threat of sudden death?

Perhaps - perhaps not, mistakes have been made = people have died, you can always buy a new car, you can not be re-incarnated - buddists excepted(?).

Do you live in a city with a constant threat of terrorism, explosions and sudden death? The Spanish surrendered after their horrors. We unfortunately do not now, nor ever will have that option.

Stopping doing stupid stuff around the globe.

Yes I am against the US doing the exact same crap.

London was bombed for 29 plus years before anyone else in Europe. Do not worry about it we have the best most paranoid anti terrorist Police in the world.

Fixed.

How can a mistake possibly be made that would cost anyone on the police force their lives? Either someone besides the police (i.e. the owner) moves the car, or they blow it up.

And don't we all live in cities with a constant threat of sudden death?

How long do they wait for the owner to turn up? How do you know when the bomb is set to go off? Just last week there was a 400lb car bomb left outside a police station in NI. You do not fuck around with these things. The only logical course of action was to blow it up.
I bet if you left a car parked illegally 1/4 mile away from the White House it would suffer a similar fate.

How long do they wait for the owner to turn up?
A reasonable amount of time for a situation like this. I'm totally lost as to how everyone in London apparently loses their definition of "reasonable" (and apparently gets frighteningly nationalistic) once a suspected car bomb is involved.

Give them a call, leave a voicemail if they don't pick up (assuming the registration matches the phone number), wait five minutes, blow up car.

How do you know when the bomb is set to go off?
You don't. Ever. What makes this any different?

Just last week there was a 400lb car bomb left outside a police station in NI. You do not fuck around with these things.
So I hear.

The only logical course of action was to blow it up.
Even though the logic followed was "someone illegally parked a car and ran away, it must be a bomb"?

I bet if you left a car parked illegally 1/4 mile away from the White House it would suffer a similar fate.
Um, no, it wouldn't. I've googled pretty much every search phrase I can think of to find this, and I come up with nothing... and I find it hard to believe that there's never been an illegally parked car outside the White House gates.

Last edited:
So the police saw a possible terrorist vehicle...maybe rigged with a very large explosive already and even possibly laced with bioweapon/depleted nuke fuel:

"Let's blow it up!"

So not only did they destroy what could be a vital piece of evidence including possible documents and leads into other terrorist cells, they basically did half the job for the terrorist if the car is rigged to blow and had something extra like nerve gas, radiation, etc.

If this is the anti-terrorism force in UK then I fear greatly for the people of Great Britain.

What are you trying to show?

So the police saw a possible terrorist vehicle...maybe rigged with a very large explosive already and even possibly laced with bioweapon/depleted nuke fuel:

"Let's blow it up!"

So not only did they destroy what could be a vital piece of evidence including possible documents and leads into other terrorist cells, they basically did half the job for the terrorist if the car is rigged to blow and had something extra like nerve gas, radiation, etc.

If this is the anti-terrorism force in UK then I fear greatly for the people of Great Britain.

Clearly you fail to understand what a "controlled detonation" is.

A reasonable amount of time for a situation like this. I'm totally lost as to how everyone in London apparently loses their definition of "reasonable" (and apparently gets frighteningly nationalistic) once a suspected car bomb is involved.

Give them a call, leave a voicemail if they don't pick up (assuming the registration matches the phone number), wait five minutes, blow up car.

I would say a reasonable amount of time in this case is no time at all. Also, what will ringing the guy up achieve anyway? Whatever the person on the other end may say, what reason would there be to believe them?
No one was hurt. Despite his moaning the man will be fully compensated. It is unbelievable how some people seem to care more about a car being blown up than the potential loss of life. It isn't like the Police blow cars up everyday. The timing, position and the mans actions added up enough for the police to play it safe.

Edit: looking at the minor damage to the car, there must have been some kind of suspicious looking package that they blew up.

Last edited:
Er... why would any terrorist set up a car bomb... using his own car?

Although I agree that our police are the most over... enthusiastic in the world, I do occasionally support stuff like this. Because the guy was a selfish dick and he learned the hard way not to be a selfish dick.

What are you trying to show?
A car parked right outside the White House. Illegally. Not blowing up or being blown up.

Also, what will ringing the guy up achieve anyway?
Not blowing up some innocent guy's car and making a media debacle out of something, for starters.

Whatever the person on the other end may say, what reason would there be to believe them?
Honestly, I don't know how you Brits aren't understanding this concept. It's not exactly a radical line of thinking.

It doesn't matter what they say on the phone, unless it's "yes, that's my car, and yes, I'm coming to move it right now". If that isn't the exact answer they get on the phone, or the car comes up anything less than clean... by all means, they should treat it as dangerous. But to bypass a simple record check just because of some knee-jerk reaction to OMG TERRORISM is just sloppy. I'd expect more from "the best anti-terrorism force in the world", frankly.

It is unbelievable how some people seem to care more about a car being blown up than the potential loss of life.
It's even more unbelievable how any rational thinking or simple fact-checking is all of a sudden acceptable to bypass when the perceived threat of terrorism is involved.

Some consider that the terrorists winning, you know; that whole "living in irrational fear" stuff.

Last edited:
So, this is what happens when the UK's unhealthy fetish for minor traffic infractions and unmatched paranoia of terrorism come together.

If you park illegally around there, you are liable for the anti-terrorist protocols by the cops.
So ... terrorists who park considerately will be A-OK? This logic should be castrated so that it can't procreate.

Last edited:
So, this is what happens when the UK's unhealthy fetish for minor traffic infractions and unmatched paranoia of terrorism come together.

So ... terrorists who park considerately will be A-OK? This logic should be castrated so that it can't procreate.

Just out of interest

white_van_370.jpg

that van was illegally parked. Manchester, June 1996. Largest bomb ever exploded on the mainland.

Edit: Just checked. Bishopsgate bomb, 1993. Illegally parked truck.

Last edited:
This logic should be castrated so that it can't procreate.
Agreed.

The car wasn't reported stolen, they didn't try to contact the owner, (it seems) they didn't even search the car. I know the UK has seen a lot more terrorism than the US, but come on, that's just a tad extreme.

that van was illegally parked. Manchester, June 1996. Largest bomb ever exploded on the mainland.

Yes, but as we've all been saying, just because you illegally park doesn't make you a terrorist threat. What are the "world's best anti-terrorism police" going to do when terrorists start obeying the parking code in the UK?

Apparently not only do British citizens lose all rational thought when suspected terrorism is involved, but British terrorists lose all parking ability when terrorism is involved.

Last edited:
Agreed.

The car wasn't reported stolen, they didn't try to contact the owner, (it seems) they didn't even search the car. I know the UK has seen a lot more terrorism than the US, but come on, that's just a tad extreme.
They kidnap the owners at gun point - so it will not be on the stolen list now will it?

The IRA (Real, 'Surreal', INLA or continuity flavours this time) has kicked off again; so we have the Taliban/Al Kaieda and that lot to deal with too. The IRA are competent terrorists and not stupid amateurs with a death wish who get lucky now and then.

Citation: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/northern_ireland/8372713.stm

LATEST STORIES
Two charged with PSNI murder bid
Three released over police attack
400lb bomb left at Policing Board
Mortar 'designed to kill police'
Ex-IRA men 'helping dissidents'
Woman injured in car bomb attack

Last edited:
Just out of interest

You know, I always figured that if you don't want to create suspicion you would park legally so no cops came anywhere near the car. But I guess that is rational thinking.

Parking anywhere in the City on the streets is illegal, near enough. You are right though - probably better to park legally if possible - you got to remember that they try to avoid being caught on camera too, and has been pointed out we have lots of them. The police would bother to look at the footage for this sort of crime.

Well speaking as someone who worked very near where Bishopsgate/St Marys Axe bomb went off at the time - I take exception to them trying to kill me - I have never persecuted anyone in my life. The explosion demolished one of the finest buildings in London (Hitler missed it) the Baltic Exchange.

Last edited: