• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

UK Evo IX FQ Specs

evoWALO

Mitsubishi has announced the UK model range for its Evo IX, which goes on sale in June.

This is the last version of the four-seat supercar in its current form. But don't fret - Mitsubishi is working on an all-new replacement for 2007.

Based on the company's latest WRC car, the Evo IX features three versions of the same 2.0-litre multi-valve turbocharged engine:

# FQ-300: 305bhp at 6,950rpm, 157mph, 0?62 in 4.7 seconds
# FQ-320: 326bhp at 6,700rpm, 157mph, 0?62 in 4.5 seconds
# FQ-340: 345bhp at 6,800rpm, 157mph, 0?62 in 4.3 seconds

The Evo IX looks similar to the car it replaces, but front and rear bumpers are updated for improved aerodynamics and a new design of alloy wheel helps reduce weight.

Standard equipment includes:

# Air-con
# Electric windows
# Front and side airbags
# Cat 1 alarm
# Bilstein suspension

In addition, the FQ-340 also features SmartNav and leather/Alcantara seats.

Prices for the Evo IX have been pegged at Evo VIII levels - maintaining the car's reputation for barely beatable performance-per-pound. Don't expect haggling to work, though?

FQ-300 - ?27,999
FQ-320 - ?29,999
FQ-340 - ?32,999

the FQ400 is developed by mitsubishi UK... they would take time to develop the 400hp with the brand new motor... it would probably be released as a 2006 model next year

andyhui01 said:
the FQ400 is developed by mitsubishi UK... they would take time to develop the 400hp with the brand new motor... it would probably be released as a 2006 model next year

Yeah.. Something that doesn't eat 4mpg of Shell Otimax petrol :p

*shrugs* Like we really didn't see this one coming. Without pics, this is sumwhat pointless.

48200511718.jpg

0505_scc_evo_lead.jpg

1_2.jpg

mitsubishi_lancer_evo9-13.jpg

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/video_gallery/52802/mitsubishi_lancer_evo_ix.html linky to a video of it in action

As I said the last time it was posted, why don't they make a place for the license plate? :bangin:

It has a place, right there on the side. You can see the holes drilled for it in the pic of the yellow evo.

chaos386 said:
It has a place, right there on the side. You can see the holes drilled for it in the pic of the yellow evo.

Yep, but I was talking about a decent place, where it doesn't cover the air ducts. They probably guess that road drivers won't need the extra cooling, and they're probably right... NOT! If they tell the bumper has some aerodynamic improvements, why disturb the airflow?
Yeah, I'm being picky. :wall:

cant wait to see this car get mod'd, i have a feelin the jap ppl might remove the mivec or retune it

jasonchiu said:
thats for sale in HK already, but many say the weakness is in fac the new mivec system.
Mivec? What's that supposed to do?

As for the styling, they actually changed the bumper :shock: I think liked the old, boxy evo's more. Wish they would have sold them in the US.

Raven18940 said:
jasonchiu said:
thats for sale in HK already, but many say the weakness is in fac the new mivec system.
Mivec? What's that supposed to do?

Mitsubishi Innovative Valve timing and lift Electronic Control ;)

Ahhhhh, VTEC for Mits, by why would that be a weakness?

Raven18940 said:
Ahhhhh, VTEC for Mits, by why would that be a weakness?

it's the first time mivec has been applied to a forced induction engine, first time it has been applied to the 4g63. There are bound to be problems on the first go.

MIVEC is an oxymoron actually. The version that mitsu put in the evo IX only controls valve timing, no lift though.