UK General election: SORT IT OUT YOU CLOWNS!

CEeQsMiWEAAzucw.jpg:large

CEe3fNhXIAEQ980.jpg:large

CEgoV0oW0AAqIA5.jpg:large

CEgpJsYW8AAIGtj.jpg:large

CEgq-9lWEAA1GNz.jpg:large

CEgrRQJWoAAiDQV.jpg:large

CEg1LQRWgAM2YMu.jpg

CEgo-F3XIAEFNTf.jpg

CEg4m8jVAAA4Sa7.png

CEgvT8pWEAICsB_.jpg

CEg7Ju9W8AAjLlN.jpg

CEcb2rtWIAADD7J.jpg

CEgWAH5WEAAnw4e.jpg

CEglq6XWgAAT9ge.jpg

CEgegHPWMAEvJo2.jpg

CEWpNlWWYAAlkPw.jpg

CERc3uWWYAIkuSZ.jpg

CEWgltVWMAAXsIc.jpg

CEBthNIWoAAUQKC.jpg

CEeV5vvWYAATJrk.jpg:large

Last edited:
In the midst of all this, Galloway got routed. While I'm sure you'll all be expecting me to only be cheering (I'm cheering plenty), I really want to hear from some of you about what people are saying about that in the UK. The man banked on bloc-voting as a way to get himself up there. He was so certain he would pull it off again. But he didn't. It's not like demographics in Bradford have changed to such a degree that the bloc-voting strategy was no longer viable, and his rhetoric was crazy of course, but not worse than any time in the past. So what took George out and replaced him with Labour?

In the midst of all this, Galloway got routed. While I'm sure you'll all be expecting me to only be cheering (I'm cheering plenty), I really want to hear from some of you about what people are saying about that in the UK. The man banked on bloc-voting as a way to get himself up there. He was so certain he would pull it off again. But he didn't. It's not like demographics in Bradford have changed to such a degree that the bloc-voting strategy was no longer viable, and his rhetoric was crazy of course, but not worse than any time in the past. So what took George out and replaced him with Labour?

Some of those elected are just as bad or worse

Britain?s Most Shameless Politician Will Never Die
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...most-shameless-politician-will-never-die.html

George Galloway may have lost his seat ? but this isn?t the last we?ll see of him
http://www.theguardian.com/politics...08/george-galloway-loses-seat-bradford-labour

George Galloway talks about lions and hyenas in bizarre speech after losing his Bradford West seat
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/george-galloway-loses-bradford-west-5658368

Last edited:
...whoops! I was wrong.
Hat or kilt?

Unfortunately, seeing as it's always Lab or Tory in Downing Street, and FPTP benefits them, I can't see any reform coming along. Especially after the AV referendum a few years ago.
Agree. Not to mention that the AV referendum was a bit of a farce, with most of the media doing a concerted campaign against it for the better part of a year. Mostly because the papers either support the Tories or Labour, both of which prefer FPTP. In the end, voter turnout under 50 percent also says a lot.

I'd give you a plus one for this if it was still possible in the politics section.

Interesting question.*

I think it's about this being a general election, and not a byelection. In a byelection, a seat becomes the center of attention, and it always helps the fringe candidate. His constituants might just have realized how bonkers he really is. Perhaps someone went on YouTube and found the pathetic video of him groweling to Saddam Hussein...

* Not really British, but I'm such an anglophile I'll have a go.

Piffle. We're very believable. We're just drunk all the time.

Piffle. We're very believable. We're just drunk all the time.

The last being the achilles heel.

[video=youtube;162-xDvinkI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=162-xDvinkI[/video]

Last edited:
Well.. ehm.. yeah. :p

What exactlyare the grounds for having it get set aside other than Galloway's own premature release of polling data? Why would the elections commission or judge or whoever entertain something like this?

Who knows, one lawyer on twitter said how can it be sub judice if the courts aren't open on Sunday. Maybe all the muslim women didn't do as their told and vote for him this time.

Labour: Tories threatened the BBC

"Conservative officials threatened the BBC with far-reaching reforms, such as changes to the licence fee funding system, if it did not alter the political balance of its coverage of the general election campaign, Tom Baldwin, one of Ed Miliband?s senior advisers, has claimed.

Baldwin claimed that senior BBC executives and journalists faced repeated threats during that campaign about what would happen if they didn?t change their coverage.

Baldwin makes the assertion in a Guardian article, one of the first comments on the much criticised campaign from Ed Miliband?s own team. His claim was roundly rejected by Conservative officials.

Baldwin writes: ?BBC executives and journalists have told me that there were regular, repeated threats from senior Tories during this election campaign about ?what would happen afterwards? if they did not fall into line."

If it's true, whichever officials must be immediately dropped.

It seems the Tory party are really having a hard time playing the "we aren't comically evil" card with some of their recent decisions including:

Appointing a Justice Secretary who was once in favour of bringing back hanging. Although admitedly the statements were made in 1998.
Appointing a Equalities Minister who in 2013 voted against gay marriage. Although no says she "probably would" vote for it.
Plans to abolish the Human Rights Act.
Plans to build a ?15million Margaret Thatcher museum.

Now I'm not a PR expert but surely the next step is for them to announce they are building a Death Star...

Next step is invading Egypt.

Frankie Boyle analyses the election: