Ukrainian VEPR

Viper007Bond

Chicken Nugget Connoisseur
STAFF MEMBER
Car(s)
2008 Dodge Viper, 2006 MB CLS55 AMG
It's an ugly thing with bicycle handlebars welded on the front. Eyuck. :yucky:

ugly but cool

It's hideous! It's revolting! It looks like the entire Ugly Tree landed on it! It's a face not even a mother could love! It looks like something dredged up from the deep ocean.

AND I WANT IT!

!?!!?

I'm just speachless :shock:

un-dee said:
I wonder how these bars comply with EU pedestrian safety regulations ;)

By eating any pedestrians before they can complain about it.

Re: Ukrainian VEPR

Viper007Bond said:
Ugly and yet awesome at the same time. 8)

INdeed. That is sweet.

un-dee said:

What for? It'll take some time until Russia will eventually join ;)

I only hope that it doesn't use Russia engine technology as well!

mautzel said:
un-dee said:

What for? It'll take some time until Russia will eventually join ;)

I only hope that it doesn't use Russia engine technology as well!

What Russia got to do with any of these?

Well the Ukraine was behind the Iron Curtain for so long they have lot of Russian based technology as the basis for their infrastructure. It would make sense that they would build using the technology with which they are familiar. But lets give the Russians some credit, their approach to technology may be different than the West's but that does not mean it's any worse. Look at the AK-47 compared to the M-16 - the AK is superior in many respects. Same is true with the MiG-29 compared to the F-15. We could learn quite a bit from the pragmatic approach of the Russians to problem solving.

Blind_Io said:
We could learn quite a bit from the pragmatic approach of the Russians to problem solving.
Build it big, build it simple, and bring a hammer?

Viper007Bond said:
Blind_Io said:
We could learn quite a bit from the pragmatic approach of the Russians to problem solving.
Build it big, build it simple, and bring a hammer?

Pretty much, I suppose :lol:

Though it looks like a Isuzu Vehicross that grew some watermelon sized balls.

I dont know, the fact that the front has insets to make the grill look more snouty than it is, it seems a bit poser. To be honest, in terms of ridiculous trucks, I like the front of an H2 better because it's more confident in its macho-ness. This one's trying too hard... snouty grill, exposed suspension, oversized tires, etc.

Take away the bicycle handlebars and it won't look too bad. The headlights seem to be taken from a Peugeot though :lol:

Samir said:
I dont know, the fact that the front has insets to make the grill look more snouty than it is, it seems a bit poser. To be honest, in terms of ridiculous trucks, I like the front of an H2 better because it's more confident in its macho-ness. This one's trying too hard... snouty grill, exposed suspension, oversized tires, etc.

I'm afraid that you have that backwards. You're only a poser if you can't back it up and this beast can. The exposed suspension is there so front end air dams and body work doesn't get in the way when offroading, the oversize tires are necessary to mount tall obstacles, the front bumper looks like it's just an extension of the frame and has a mounted winch. Everything about this vehicle except the headlight design is about function; even those high wheel arches are there to allow for maximum spring compression. The H2 is the poser mobile. It's a Chevy Tahoe with a touch looking body bolted on. It's offroad capabilities are laughable: the wheel travel is horrible, the ground clearance is mediocre, and the wheels tend to fall off. The H2 is nothing but show, they even replicated the helicopter lift points from the H1 on the H2, but they made them out of plastic. Most the stuff you see on the H2 is non-functional, like that hood vent. It's all just styling and serves no purpose. This thing would eat H2s as a midnight snack.

Sorry, I keep re-reading what you said and I just keep laughing harder and harder. The H2 isn't trying too hard to be macho? How much more of a posermobile can you get?