• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

Ultimate Track Skyline GT-R (The Car Known as the Greatest)

flyingfridge

Car(s)
Nissan Skyline GT-R V-Spec, VW Passat 118TSI
I decided to start this thread to discuss the ultimate car, the Nissan Skyline GT-R.

I stumbled upon this site earlier. Have a look at those 2 blue beauties at the top. OMG. They are possibly the 2 most beautiful cars I have ever clapped my eyes on. If they were tuned my Mine's, WOW.

http://blog.gtroc.com/dino/skylines/

So, anyway, my Ultimate Skyline GT-R is the Mine's R34. They leave it as a 2.6 litre for the best response possible, and approach their tuning in a down to earth manner. Beautiful.

Hope this thread can generate some good discussion about the one we refer to as 'The Greatest'

I do have to agree that the GT-R looks absolutely fanastic and the car itself is a timeless work of art. The two blue ones on the top are stunning, they just scream "Fast" to me. Although the other Skylines on the page are well, lacking or too riced out for me.

But I don't know if I can agree that the GT-R is the ultimate car, thats kind of pushing things a bit too far. :thumbsdown:

does n e one know the fastest a GTR has gone? as in a mod'd one?

i'd love to drive that MCR R34 round a track n e one got a pic of it?

jayjaya29 said:
But I don't know if I can agree that the GT-R is the ultimate car, thats kind of pushing things a bit too far. :thumbsdown:

My thoughts exactly. No modern car can keep up with the timeless design classics of the past. Some supercars might come close but that's it.

i think a lightly mod'd gtr will nail n e thing on road and track. i really is ready for both situations innit?

swek said:
jayjaya29 said:

My thoughts exactly. No modern car can keep up with the timeless design classics of the past. Some supercars might come close but that's it.

Styling is always in the eye of the beholder. The me, the R34 is rare beauty. It's not just the lines, it's the details, like the headlights, that make it a modern classic, and to my eye, one of the best looking cars there is.

i like the lines alot, you know like when u get to the back the rear wheel flares are so suttle but so aggressive. not sure if you guys argee with me but from a side shot you can see the flared arches really well, speically on a r32 or r34/

^^ agreed!! :woot:

swek said:

:bow:

flyingfridge said:
Styling is always in the eye of the beholder. The me, the R34 is rare beauty. It's not just the lines, it's the details, like the headlights, that make it a modern classic, and to my eye, one of the best looking cars there is.

what about that crappy interior?

i dunno i think the R34 is the last of the amazing cars....all the latest cars are too curved.... more rounded... im in love wit the skyline....modded or not

jensked said:
flyingfridge said:

what about that crappy interior?

The interior in the skyline is functional. the instrument cluster is one of the more remarkable on the market with the brushed aluminium (it's not aloominum for all you americans out there).

the interior aint crappy, tbh its whatever you make it, like u can get AM grade leather on bucket seats and what have you, you know?

interior is actually really easy to use. like on my dad;s gtr, if you really start mod;d the interior, the air con panel fits perfectly and flush in the glove box. the back seats are buckets too and their real comfortable, i know this coz this is where i sit normally. the r34 standard front seats are amazing and their often taken by other cars when mod'in begins.

moreover, dont u like that HUD on the r34, with the nismo software its amazing!

swek said:
jayjaya29 said:

:thumbsup:

flyingfridge said:

The *headlights* makes it a modern classic?? The GT-R is what it is not because of how it looks but for how it goes and handles (I mean look at it, it's just a two door sedan-based coupe, there's nothing special about it's lines except the nice proportions). I'm a huge GT-R fan (R32 particularly), but it's looks aren't anything special.

nah there is something special about the looks...it stands out....

fbc said:
flyingfridge said:

The *headlights* makes it a modern classic?? The GT-R is what it is not because of how it looks but for how it goes and handles (I mean look at it, it's just a two door sedan-based coupe, there's nothing special about it's lines except the nice proportions). I'm a huge GT-R fan (R32 particularly), but it's looks aren't anything special.

I never said the headlights alone make it a modern classic. The conversation was about styling and i used the headlights as an example of the finer detailing of the design. As is said earlier, styling is in the eye of the beholder. For instance, I think the Merc SLR is an ugly pile of shit. I know SL65 AMG and probably Dr.Woo are going to get on here and flame me for that comment. We have differing views. You're entitled to yours.

Yes, the GT-R is world renowned for it's handling and tune-up potential. But it's performance is not the only thing that makes this already exceptional car stand out from the crowd.

OMG, another no-disussion-possible fanatic in here...
Viper, can we have a button that blocks out a topic if the user wishes? I hope I can withstand to look in here...
Its nothing personal, but hey, a lot of cars are really great, and even chocolate gets boring if you have it each day... If you get me...

Buba

wow, steady on buba, this isn't non discussion, it's discussion. OK, maybe i'm a bit forward, but i'm not forcing my views on anyone. I fully understand where you are coming from, but if you aren't going to contribute to the topic at hand or further meaningful discussion, why post?

i actually though this discussion was getting somewhere buba, everyone was putting in their views of the gtr which was great

I agree those skylines are wonderful, but a couple years ago when I found exvitermini.com, I feel in love with the their GTR-700 project car, a R33 V-Spec.

That car to me, nevermind as much visually, but mechanically a pure beauty :D