Ultimate version of Forza 3 on deck

unbreakable

Car(s)
2007 Honda Civic
Microsoft to counter Gran Turismo 5 release
Microsoft is apparently in the process of working with Forza 3 developer Turn 10 studios to repackage Forza 3 for release. According to our sources, this new version of Forza 3 will be sold as Forza 3 Ultimate Collection.

While Microsoft has yet to officially confirm what the Forza 3 Ultimate Collection will offer, it is likely (according to our sources) that it will feature the Forza 3 game, of course, plus a combination of the content from the Forza 3 Limited Edition as well as a good amount of the already released downloadable content. It is unknown if Microsoft and Turn 10 plan to offer this additional content package as downloadable codes or on a third disc that will be included in the package.

The decision to release the Forza 3 Ultimate Collection appears to be in part to counter the release by Sony of Gran Turismo 5. By pushing the Forza 3 Ultimate Collection out during the same release window, Microsoft will be able to remind Xbox 360 gamers that they, too, have an ultimate driving title for sale. We suspect as well that the Forza 3 Ultimate Collection will be attractively priced and include a vast amount of additional content that will make it a significant value. It is expected that the Forza 3 Ultimate Collection should be announced in the next several weeks and will be released in November.

source:
http://www.fudzilla.com/games/games/ultimate-version-of-forza-3-on-deck

The decision to release the Forza 3 Ultimate Collection appears to be in part to counter the release by Sony of Gran Turismo 5.

As if they have a hope in hell.

In the first week GT5 is probably going to sell 50x the copies F3UC will sell in a month. How many NA pre orders do they have already? 160k? Forza 3 had just over 140k like a week before launch (110k the week before).

If they wanna sell anything they better get this out in October, otherwise no one is going to want anything to do with it.

Last edited:
I might buy another copy though so this is just perfect. Never got to download any of the DLCs too. But yeah, I agree their attempt to counter GT5 will be futile. I'll be buying ps3 just for GT5.

Maybe the main purpose of this thread is to tell people who haven't downloaded any DLCs or who have yet to buy forza to hold out until this version comes out

Last edited:
In the first week GT5 is probably going to sell 50x the copies F3UC will sell in a month. How many NA pre orders do they have already? 160k? Forza 3 had just over 140k like a week before launch (110k the week before).
And how long has Forza 3 been out? Unless you're talking launch week pissing contests, GT5 has a lot of ground to make up.

So all the people who spent a ton of money buying the DLC will have nothing to look forward to?
This sounds like nothing more than the current DLC repackaged for brick and mortar sales.

Not that I care. I acquired FM3 and never bought any DLC. So if this gets released as a physical disc I'll just grab it off the net and finally get to drive the DLC cars and tracks.
Thanks M$

what a fucking joke.

why the fuck didnt turn10 wait and release a complete game now instead of a half finished game last year.

thanks assholes.

what a fucking joke.

why the fuck didnt turn10 wait and release a complete game now instead of a half finished game last year.

thanks assholes.

If that is a dig on GT5, you sir win the Internets today. I LOL'd.

If you are being serious....wow.

Is this something new for the game industry? Or for really any media industry, platinum edition, second edition, ultimate edition, directors cut, Prologue. . . come on guys it's nothing new.

And how long has Forza 3 been out? Unless you're talking launch week pissing contests, GT5 has a lot of ground to make up.

What do you mean, "has a lot of ground to make up"? They already have more pre orders.

The basis for "50x the copies" was the idea that F3UC is trying to steal GT5 sales, a goal which is hopeless, considering the age of the game and the popularity of GT5.

What do you mean, "has a lot of ground to make up"? They already have more pre orders.
I was talking about Forza 3 in general. "Forza 3: Greatest Hits 2005-2010" sounds like it's just to remind people that Forza still exists while everyone jerks off to GT5, not to have any actual sales impact.

I dont see a new edition of Forza stealing GT5's launch day thunder.

What IS interesting though, is how much the video games market and the world economy have gone in the toilet since the title was announced.

I don't buy limited editions of things anymore, and I have sworn off launch day purchases, because shit goes on sale within 3-4 months, and there is plenty of other stuff to play.

what a fucking joke.

thanks assholes.

Um, what? I'm not sure if you realise that a good percentage of Forza 3's downloadable cars weren't even available when the game shipped. So by your logic, the game should have never shipped. Sure there were a few that should have been included and not extra, such as maybe the ZR-1.

Personally I'm just happy to live in a world where we can have such great games as Forza 3 and GT5.

I have both consoles and have played FM3 since it was released. I will allso get GT5, why does all these console wars start ?

Um, what? I'm not sure if you realise that a good percentage of Forza 3's downloadable cars weren't even available when the game shipped. So by your logic, the game should have never shipped. Sure there were a few that should have been included and not extra, such as maybe the ZR-1.

Personally I'm just happy to live in a world where we can have such great games as Forza 3 and GT5.

im not talking about cars. there is alot of stuff that is flat out broken. most of the race car dashboards dont work, none of the audio changes when you modify exhaust systems like in the previous two games. most tracks are just cheap rehashs of old tracks, quite a few car models are left over from the first Forza and are flat out wrong. no multiplayer lobbies simply for the fuck of it, disregarding nearly universal disapproval by the core fanbase. i can go on . . .

Looks like if I want the LFA or SLS I need to buy a new copy of the game. I guess I will, but GT5 will be written on the box.

Last edited:
Turn 10 has a nack of always releasing it via DLC, plus I bet we'll see the Test Track in DLC.

Apparently, the only thing that will remain exclusive to the Ultimate Collection are three cars: the Koenigsegg CCX, the Lexus LF-A, and the MB SLS.

Probably due to the uproar this caused, Turn 10 is holding contests all week at the Forza forums to grab a DLC code for those three cars. I have them. They're wonderful :)