Ultimate version of Forza 3 on deck

How awesome is that. I'm really done with Forza...
I bought the FM2 special edition + every DLC except one track.
All that stuff came then into FM3, for which I then paid another time, but still I sprung again for the Collectors edition... And I bought all the DLC again. Even the shitty ones...
So I pour like 180 Euros in 2 games and they can't even give their VIPs those 3 damn cars??? Fuck you Turn10...

So if they never released them to anyone that would be fine?

Then I wouldn't care... I thought the DLC was over with anway since I didn't see new ones coming out the past months...

But come on. 3 cars. They want you to buy a new copy of the game for that?

I'm actually really disgusted about this too. You buy the FM3 Collectors to get VIP status + all of these DLCs they put out, and you still can't get the 3 new cars. Basically those two cars are, what, $60? Its crap.
And then, look at it from the POV of the people who didn't buy the collectors. They get penalized for not having gotten the 3 cars from the Collectors AND the 3 cars from the new edition.

I'm very dissappointed with Turn 10 and will have to seriously consider buying another game from them. I can see something like a Halo 3 helmet being exclusive to people who get a collectors edition as, in all honestly, a helmet in Halo doesn't really make any difference. A car, even something like a 911 GT3-RS is different than just a GT3. Now something like an SLS, which is like nothing else, can only be gotten if you buy the game again.

They can get fisted for all I care.

I too pre-ordered and bought the LCE.
VIP status? For fucking what?

So you expected to get free DLC with the VIP membership?

So you expected to get free DLC with the VIP membership?

I wouldn't say free DLC, but at least access to all of the DLCs that come out. Like these three cars that are exclusive to the ultimate edition.

I wouldn't say free DLC, but at least access to all of the DLCs that come out. Like these three cars that are exclusive to the ultimate edition.
You could get the three cars from the competitions at the official forums. I'm more annoyed that I will miss the Lancia 037 Stradale.

Noone can be expected to participate in some obscure forum games... I do have to work for a living, my spare time is valuable to me...
I'm quite the Forza fanyboy (or used to be...), you know, but you seem to be a different level... You work for Turn10 or something? ;-) Just admit it: Its a dick move they pulled...

I've participated in many of Turn10's games to get those unicorn cars that you can never get because of some little exploiter buying them all just to be a dick. And I've never gotten anything out of it. Just let me pay my $5 for 3 cars and be done with it.

I'd almost be willing to bet they would make more by selling it as a DLC than by making us buy a whole new copy of the game. Yeah the game costs more, but only so many people are going to buy it a 2nd time. Most people who have bought the other DLCs would probably buy this one. And Turn 10 wouldn't look like dicks.

Last edited:
I'm betting they will, but if after a few months they haven't I figure I can pick up a new UC for like $20 or something. It's a pretty shitty move but as I've found, most of Forza's problem is that Microsoft controls their marketing. They push all the things Turn 10 doesn't want them to (ie. video editor, kinect, etc.) One of the biggest advantages Turn 10 has over PD is direct Microsoft financing, one of the biggest drawbacks is their marketing folks. But we'll see, in the end I'm glad I picked the 360. I remember thinking GT5 was gonna be a launch game for the PS3 but wound up going for Forza mostly because of audio, Porsche's, and oversteer that wasn't present in GT4.

I'm betting they will, but if after a few months they haven't I figure I can pick up a new UC for like $20 or something. It's a pretty shitty move but as I've found, most of Forza's problem is that Microsoft controls their marketing. They push all the things Turn 10 doesn't want them to (ie. video editor, kinect, etc.) One of the biggest advantages Turn 10 has over PD is direct Microsoft financing, one of the biggest drawbacks is their marketing folks. But we'll see, in the end I'm glad I picked the 360. I remember thinking GT5 was gonna be a launch game for the PS3 but wound up going for Forza mostly because of audio, Porsche's, and oversteer that wasn't present in GT4.

Microsoft doesn't just control their marketing, Turn 10 is one of Microsoft's studios. So they are Microsoft, lol.

Yes, but Turn 10 doesn't have any in-house marketing people. Microsoft use their own marketing people, like Bungie and many other Microsoft studios they are allowed a certain independence in designing a game but selling it goes to a different set of folks. Turn 10 talked in depth about this with the ridiculous stunt trailer at E3 a couple years ago.

Ah yeah, fair point.

Either way, who'd want to buy another copy of Forza 2.5?

Before anyone neg-reps me for this, without reading, I preordered and still have the LCE of Forza, so I'm no troll.

While I do understand the frustration, sometimes it feels like I am the only one here who actually quite enjoyed the game on its own. In my book, it is an equal to GT5, and I got TONS of mileage out of it. While it does suck that there wasn't more stuff for VIPs, at least I enjoyed the time spent on it with a good group of friends.

You can't possibly say that FM3 is better than GT5 in much the same way you can't possibly say that GT5 is better than FM3...GT5 has not been released.

While I do understand the frustration, sometimes it feels like I am the only one here who actually quite enjoyed the game on its own. In my book, it is an equal to GT5, and I got TONS of mileage out of it. While it does suck that there wasn't more stuff for VIPs, at least I enjoyed the time spent on it with a good group of friends.
I understand, what your saying, I don't get the Forza hate either? I've enjoyed the past three games thoroughly, mostly because they offered a lot GT didn't. There have been some disappointments with Forza, but I don't see anything all that different from PD's missed targets.

I guess it just comes down to the fact that GT was the first so it has a much larger fan base and it's excused for it's little niggles.

OH AND BTW 550 SPYDER FREE ON XBL!

:O

*scurries over to tv to check*

EDIT: Jolly good!

That's one good thing. Plus it's the only car I really want from that pack lol.

Last edited: