Um...owned badly

vRS

Car(s)
'99 BMW 323i SE
Just been reading the local paper when a story caught my eye(well the picture).

Prince Naseem Hamed last ngith is under bars for reckless driving in his SLR , when he hit a Golf head on and totaly destroyed his ?320000 supercar :oops: and almost killing his two passengers and the Golf driver Ill try and scan the picture on, but the car is a mangled wreck.

Full story here:

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/

Pics here: http://forum.finalgear.com/viewtopic.php?t=4465

mr_diss said:
Some pics of Prince Naseem's (boxer) recently written off SLR:
naz1.jpg

naz4.jpg

naz3.jpg

naz2.jpg

Ouch!

That's a pretty nasty wreck. Too bad for the guys in the golf though...

too much power for him on this car :thumbsdown:
having too much money doesn't make you a race driver :x

BOXER NAZ NICKED OVER CAR SMASH

May 3 2005

Man 'serious' after head-on horror

By John Kelly

PRINCE Naseem Hamed was under arrest last night after a man was seriously injured in a crash with the boxer's sports car.

The former world champ was in his silver Mercedes McLaren SLR when it was involved in a head-on collision with a Volkswagen Golf.

His ?320,000 supercar was left mangled after the collision.

The Golf driver was trapped in the car and had to be airlifted to hospital with a suspected broken leg and fractures to both arms.

A female passenger in the car sustained cuts and bruises.

Last night, Hamed, 31, and two 26-year-old men who were in the Mercedes with him were being questioned over yesterday's accident.

One of the 26-year-olds was later taken to hospital with chest pains.

Police were trying to discover who drove the car - registration NAS1.

The arrested men were being held on suspicion of attempting to leave the scene of an accident and on suspicion of attempting to pervert the course of justice. A police spokesman refused to name the men.

The crash happened half a mile from the boxer's ?3million home on a dangerous stretch of road leading out of Sheffield to the Peak District.

A man close to the scene of the accident said: 'There was a bang and then another even bigger one a split second later.

'As I ran towards the scene, two Asian lads came running past me and I shouted, 'You ought to wait.' 'One of them heard me and turned as he shouted back, 'We are going to phone.' 'The Golf driver was still trapped when I got there but the firemen cut him out pretty quickly.

'I didn't see Prince Naseem but I saw the number plate.'

A police sergeant at the scene said: 'It is clear this was a high speed collision. Both cars are write-offs.

'At this stage we do not know for sure who was driving the MercedesCustody 'Naseem Hamed is under arrest and we will be questioning him about who was at the wheel.'

A South Yorkshire Police spokesman said: 'As a result of a road collision, three men have been arrested and taken into custody.

'The accident involved a Mercedes and a Ford Mondeo travelling away from the city and a VW Golf travelling into the city. The VW had a male and female in the car.

'The male suffered breaks to both his arms and a broken leg, while the woman sustained cuts and bruises.'

No one in the Mondeo is thought to have been injured

Fucking idiot. He should be banned from driving in the world for a stunt like that.

There should be tests for people that buy powerful/fast cars, like a supercar endorsement on your licence, you know, you need to prove you can handle the power and responsiblity of your car and not bomb down residential streets at 100 mph, mowing down golfs in the process!

Poor SLR!

Holy shit! just saw the pics, that is a pity that dumbasses like him give motoring enthusiasts a bad name.

accidents happens fellas, thats why they're called accidents.. nobody is an idiot.. its the same thing.. whenever someone bring up an accident story.. everybody shouts idiot at the driver.. although he was speeding in a residential place is an idiotic thing to do. did anyone die? and how many seats in the SLR? i thought 2.. how can he have 2 passengers?

tloekke said:
logo said:
how can he have 2 passengers?
Probably because he's an idiot that stacked two of his mates in the passenger seat.

That happens a lot in Portugal. We have a sui generis situation, where regular hatchbacks, as Golfs or Meganes, among many others, are sold without rear seats and a metalic net, or an acrylic glass attached behind the front seats. They pay less tax, that way, and you can have a better car for less money. And that leads to situations like that one.

i think if 2 passengers sat in one seat, then first that would be gay second they'd be injured really badly after an accident as this.. well maybe not to the guy sitting on the seat.. but the guy sitting on his lap would get fucked sideways literally lol .. the guy on the seat would rather be more safe as guy on lap would act as a cushion

logo said:
accidents happens fellas, thats why they're called accidents.. nobody is an idiot.. its the same thing.. whenever someone bring up an accident story.. everybody shouts idiot at the driver.. although he was speeding in a residential place is an idiotic thing to do. did anyone die? and how many seats in the SLR? i thought 2.. how can he have 2 passengers?

I'd say that makes him an idiot wouldn't you? A person who does idiotic things? Anyone who drives outside their skill or the limitations of their car is... wait for it... an idiot.

logo said:
i think if 2 passengers sat in one seat, then first that would be gay second they'd be injured really badly after an accident as this.. well maybe not to the guy sitting on the seat.. but the guy sitting on his lap would get fucked sideways literally lol .. the guy on the seat would rather be more safe as guy on lap would act as a cushion

You could only take a child on your lap, while sitting. So what happens is that they sit side-by-side, like sardines.

^agreed.... and these are the idiots who think they can drive like racing drivers just because they have a supercar... thats why you see so many accidents in supercars, idiots like this dude thinks he cand drive fast because he has a fast car, this should teach him a lesson ;)

logo said:

yes, "accidents happen", but when you're driving recklessly and endangering the lives of other drivers on the road, than to me, it isn't an accident than, it's a criminal offense (hence, why he's being arrested now). i would fully consider these guys idiots for what they've done and i really hope they get some sort of jail time, but unfortunately he'll probably buy his way out of his situation and we'll have one more dangerous driver on the road.

goneinsixtyseconds said:
logo said:

yes, "accidents happen", but when you're driving recklessly and endangering the lives of other drivers on the road, than to me, it isn't an accident than, it's a criminal offense (hence, why he's being arrested now). i would fully consider these guys idiots for what they've done and i really hope they get some sort of jail time, but unfortunately he'll probably buy his way out of his situation and we'll have one more dangerous driver on the road.

Couldn't agree more!