Unable to connect to tracker?

Status
Not open for further replies.
At last !

Thanks for the hent !! ^_^

I'm using shareaza .. but I downloaded azureus and i was amaized by its extra torrent features :)

and Im downloading .. not speedy but it is working at least :lol:

No it won't let me. It firefox says the operation timed out when trying to contact the site. I can't see anything in Norton that would prevent me accessing port 6969. Unless it is a University firewall. I can download other torrents though. :?

Just saw this in F1RacingWorld, and thought it could help a lot of people who can't use BT. If someone thinks it could use a new thread, please move it or tell me and I'll post it somewhere else.

It came to my attention that alot of unconnectable users are having this status for no reason.
50% and probably even more is unconnectable because they're using the default port range 6881-6999.
Alot of ISP's block or throttle these ports and that's what making you unconnectable and not uploading/downloading with full potential.
Therefore we've blocked this port range. From now on people with ports 6881-6999 will get a Port Denied Error in their BT clients.
It's quite simple to change ports to a range of 45000-45010 for example and become connectable. This will benefit everybody on the site.
You will reach the full potential when you're downloading files and when you're seeding, others will benefit from it.
So stop being unconnectable and change those ports please. If you don't, you won't be able to use this tracker anymore.

brabus3.6 said:
No it won't let me. It firefox says the operation timed out when trying to contact the site. I can't see anything in Norton that would prevent me accessing port 6969. Unless it is a University firewall. I can download other torrents though. :?
uni firewall, absolutely.
in Azureus you can use a proxy for tracker communication, you should try that.

brabus3.6 said:
Thanks bigfoot. Now azureus shows tracker status ok & states 112 seeds & 52 peers but doesn't connect to any of them?
uni firewall as well.
Almost all ports except port 80 are blocked, so you can only connect to people using port 80. Unfortunately hardly anybody uses port 80 for torrenting...
So the is no easy solution for your ploblem... you could try using a proxy for peer communication as well, but getting speeds above 30KB/s will be rare. And unless you can use a university proxy it could be even slower. so good luck.

Thank you for your advice bigfoot. I've got it working through a proxy, domething I didn't even know about before this thread & your advice. :D

Why not just change the connection ports on the tracker, from 6969 to 7001 or something. Have no problem connecting to trackers using port 7001, but I can not connect to trackers using port 6969.

I'm now sitting on Aalesund University College Network (IP: 158.38.141.47) with my laptop, not able to connect to port 6969. But I can download from home with the same computer and same settings. So it must be the ISP blocking connections to port 6969.

Horatio said:
Why not just change the connection ports on the tracker, from 6969 to 7001 or something. Have no problem connecting to trackers using port 7001, but I can not connect to trackers using port 6969.

I'm now sitting on Aalesund University College Network (IP: 158.38.141.47) with my laptop, not able to connect to port 6969. But I can download from home with the same computer and same settings. So it must be the ISP blocking connections to port 6969.
for that all torrents would have to be reseeded, so thats not an option.
I heard the torrenttracker developers are building something what would allow multiple ports to be used, so that would come in handy.

Even though, using the tracker would be no problem (it isnt slower at all) as long as you use a proxy for tracker communication only. (like you can configure in Azureus)

I am unable to download episodes and am getting this error message.

-rejected by tracker- Requested download is not authorized for use with this tracker.

Can you help?

Thanks

I am unable to download episodes and am getting this error message.

-rejected by tracker- Requested download is not authorized for use with this tracker.

Can you help?

Thanks

Tracker problem

Tracker problem

I cannot connect either. My client is Bitlord but it works perfectly with other torrents. Can you check my IP: 153.19.199.60

Wierd, works for most people. :?

Dont know if it is still relevant but none of the links work for me. I have a dynamic IP, what should I do?

Thanks

The dynamic IP shouldn't matter, either your firewall is blocking port 6969 or for some reason your ISP is...

Status
Not open for further replies.