Unable to connect to tracker?

Status
Not open for further replies.
speedstar said:
I think my ISP has blocked port 6969. Now what should I do?

Do this:

bigfoot1942 said:
i also configured port 80 for use with the tracker, so Rwalker if you change one of the used trackers addresses to http://bigfoot1942.sektori.org (so delete the :6969 part) it should work, since blocking of port 80 is impossible by any ISP.

Viper, you shouldnt start using port 80 though, its a software portmap and i dont think it can handle as much peers as port 6969 does.

(You can edit the tracker address in most BT clients)

Although at the time of this post, the tracker is indeed down. ;)

EDIT: I take that back. I'm told it's just overloaded (that's what TG will do for 'ya, lol).

20.000 peers is a little too much ;)
ill try to get more upload by replacing the modem sometime soon...

TechZ said:
speedstar said:

Do this:

bigfoot1942 said:
i also configured port 80 for use with the tracker, so Rwalker if you change one of the used trackers addresses to http://bigfoot1942.sektori.org (so delete the :6969 part) it should work, since blocking of port 80 is impossible by any ISP.

Viper, you shouldnt start using port 80 though, its a software portmap and i dont think it can handle as much peers as port 6969 does.

Did just like what was told by bigfoot. But it says hostname not found.

speedstar said:
TechZ said:
speedstar said:

Do this:

bigfoot1942 said:

Did just like what was told by bigfoot. But it says hostname not found.

Try later, could be the high load right now

Hrm... I've been sitting on the latest topgear torrent for a few days now - I figured it might still be 'tracker overloaded' errors like some of you were describing... I'm still unable to start a download or talk to the tracker at all. Am I the only one or is anybody else seeing this?

(if I'm the only one I'm going to assume the network has blocked torrents upstream and I'll try and find another location to grab it from).

Lemme know! :D

Well, if you're using a good client (like uTorrent or Azureus), it'll automatically switch to the backup tracker or even use DHT if need be. ;)

ive been working on my tracker, its up now. It seems like there was/is a DOS attack of some sort...

bigfoot1942 said:
ive been working on my tracker, its up now. It seems like there was/is a DOS attack of some sort...
Woo hoo!

Viper007Bond said:
bigfoot1942 said:
Woo hoo!
down again. Will work on it tomorrow, with a new OS. Lets hope this one isnt vulnerable like the old one...

Hi and many thnaks for all guys for your work;
Someone can tell me if the tracker is ok now because can't connect?
Many thanks

No, it's been down for over a month. ;)

i was discouraged because it kept crashing every two days or so.
I started it again today, lets see how it goes. Maybe i should just do a complete reinstall...

TechZ said:
bigfoot1942 said:
i was discouraged because it kept crashing every two days or so.
I started it again today, lets see how it goes. Maybe i should just do a complete reinstall...

bigfoot does a FFR? :D
is that so special?

Status
Not open for further replies.