Uncharted 3

GAME are still bastards..

indeed they are, although I have been calling them far worse names than that and for completely different reasons.

If they released a GAME exclusive Doctor Who game I still wouldn't buy it from those useless cretins who i wouldn't trust to fill a bucket of water. assholes every single one of them.

on another note, will be playing Uncharted 3 later tonight after i've got my Battlefield 3 fix. Looking forward to a late night gaming marathon.

I'm on about level 12, not rushing into it.
Don't you sometimes wish there were no bad guys? 'Ok, heres some bad guys, you haven't fought any in 5 minutes.' Occasionally I just want the traversal and puzzle solving.
Another thing that all the Uncharted games do, which annoys me slighty. Cut-scene, walk 3 steps, cut-scene.

The combat gets really Batman-y, the Square from above dropkick, seems shameless.
The suited bad guys, remind me of the guys in one of the Indiana Jones movies.

fc82c42e-90cd-4af1-b0b0-f9b8ca9a5d9c.jpg

Quoting for a new day. Postman came with no Uncharted 3...

Completed it...

Hmmmmm. :|
As people have said, some levels take a few restarts. The one that annoyed me was the sandstorm one, why is there no fucking checkpoint?
Chateau and the Plane sequence were fantastic.
Less mythical bullshit, although the spiders weren't explained.
Sully and Chloe killed me a few times, by not letting me cover.
The flashback made no sense, I loved it. But they didn't get shot... so why flashback?
It used to be the case of, if you see yellow, thats the path. A few times I had no idea where to go, so ended up leaping to my death.
If Marlowe has connections like that, why did it take her 20 years to find Drake?
I know I said that the 1 & 2 boss fights were dreadful... this had no boss fight. The fuck?
7 hours play time? Thats atrocious.

"How convienient." :lol:
I've mentioned the Batman-ness a few times with the fighting, but the drugged-up scenes were like the Scarecrow scenes too?

Please no Uncharted 4. We've walked into the sunset, everybody's happy.

I'm on about level 12, not rushing into it.
Don't you sometimes wish there were no bad guys? 'Ok, heres some bad guys, you haven't fought any in 5 minutes.' Occasionally I just want the traversal and puzzle solving.

Yes. I'm not a big fan of shooters, but I LOVE the puzzles and traversal elements of Uncharted. I would be perfectly fine with no guns at all, but I think a better compromise would be to get rid of the brutes and shotguns. :) I know some say "it adds difficulty" but it really just adds frustration and cheap kills. Shotgun guy from nowhere, one shot, dead. Cheap.

I just started level 12 too.
spiders were kinda stupid to me, so were the hallucigenic darts (plot-wise, not graphic wise, that was trippy lol). I like Cutter too, hope he's back for more. Wish there was more female presence too, especially Elena.

The amount of shit that happened on the Naughty Dog forum over Chloes disappearing ass... scary.

The OST leaked, 44 tracks... well, it's really about 4 just arranged differently.

I love 42-51. Especially when it happens during a fight.

Last edited:
Meh...I liked U2 better overall. I really liked the first few hours when they were in London and when you play as teenager Nate, but it kinda went downhill from there. It just didn't feel as epic as U2 did (no boss fights, etc.). Still an amazing game, though (but not as amazing as Arkham City :p).

started playing it last night, up to Chapter 6. Does anyone know how many chapters there in this game?
Loved the beginning and the fight in London. The attention to detail was amazing and I was truly surprised when Nate and Sully were shot. I knew they'd get out of it but I didn't see how. The teenage Nate level again was really fun and even down to the way the young Nate walked and his body language just increased the immersion.
I keep thinking that the person playing the villain is Helen Mirren. Her voice sounds similar and the appearance is very similar and yet i'm constantly told its not Helen Mirren.

I don't know how console players do it, the controls in this game piss me off so much. I can't get past a fight in ch.16 because I can't aim worth a shit with this shitty controls. :mad: But other than the control, the game is good. The graphics looks great apart from some low-res textures here and there. The story is pretty cool, and the voice acting is top notch. I just wish I could play this with mouse and keyboard, or at least let me set the damn sensitivity of the joysticks.

Last edited:
I don't know how console players do it, the controls in this game piss me off so much. I can't get past a fight in ch.14 because I can't aim worth a shit with this shitty controls. :mad: But other than the control, the game is good. The graphics looks great apart from some low-res textures here and there. The story is pretty cool, and the voice acting is top notch. I just wish I could play this with mouse and keyboard, or at least let me set the damn sensitivity of the joysticks.
This is exactly the opposite the problem i'm having with Battlefield 3 at the moment. I can't play the game and react quick enough with the keyboard and mouse because i am so used to the gamepad.

My problem is I play on relatively high sensitivity with mouse and keyboard, so the slow aiming in Uncharted 3 makes me just want to smack the devs for not giving me a sensitivity option.

Just finished it today.

As for the story, I think it was a bit weaker than 2 but overall the game was about the same if not better. Although I would have like Marlowe to have gone out with a bit more of a bang. And why were those guys on fire? I didn't get that.

I want them Naughty Dog to move on now and make another game. And for the love of god, no Unkarted.

started playing it last night, up to Chapter 6. Does anyone know how many chapters there in this game?
Loved the beginning and the fight in London. The attention to detail was amazing and I was truly surprised when Nate and Sully were shot. I knew they'd get out of it but I didn't see how. The teenage Nate level again was really fun and even down to the way the young Nate walked and his body language just increased the immersion.
I keep thinking that the person playing the villain is Helen Mirren. Her voice sounds similar and the appearance is very similar and yet i'm constantly told its not Helen Mirren.

Around 21, its not Helen Mirren, after you finish the game. Watch the bonus videos to see her.

Its time for Unkarted.:lol:

Alright, finally beat the game. Except for that fight in ch.16, nothing was overly difficulty, but I still feel that the control is really sloppy. other than that, I don't have much complaint, this is a good game.
I thought they were really going to kill Sully off, but I guess they want to leave room open for another game, which is fine by me. Hopefully it'll be on PS4 with even better graphics.

One thing that I was wondering though, Marlowe said that Nathan Drake is not his real name, so Nathan is no really Francis Drake's heir?
I think this game is a bit overhyped, I'd give it an 8.

Last edited:
One thing that I was wondering though, Marlowe said that Nathan Drake is not his real name, so Nathan is no really Francis Drake's heir?

Frances banged some random woman, while he was married. So she wouldn't be a Drake. I assume, none of them changed their name to 'Drake'... or Nate made it all up.

Last edited:
Frances banged some random woman, while he was married. So she wouldn't be a Drake. I assume, none of them changed their name to 'Drake'... or Nate made it all up.

That's what I was wondering, did Drake just made it all up when he first met Sully, he's not a Drake at all.

I know there are many that hate the multiplayer, but have you actually played it?