Undeniable signs of Global Warming

kurthest

Car(s)
2008 BMW 335i Coupe (e92)
It's winter. There's alot of snow and it's cold.

OMG WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE! :p

Interestingly, the phrase "global warming" has now been replaced by "climate change", thus suiting the enviromentalist's agenda.
More and more I am noting the correlation between religion and this movement.

I think mother nature has quite a sense of humor, dumping snow on Denmark and Washington DC.

Interestingly, the phrase "global warming" has now been replaced by "climate change", thus suiting the enviromentalist's agenda.
"Climate change" is less misleading. "Global warming" is technically correct since we're talking about the rise of the average global temperatures. However, that rise can lead to lower temperatures in specific places. Thus, when weather is unusally cold, many people will argue that "global warming" is a lie since it's getting colder instead of warmer. Therefore, "climate change" is the better term, and not simple propaganda in any way.

It's quite understandable why they call it "climate change", after all, every time it snows, it's used to ridicule the complete idea of global warming, despite the fact that global warming (if we accept it, for the arguments sake) intails colder winters in some places, the melting of the arctic ice will lead to a lower sea temperature where the golf stream flows, which will in turn lead to a quite significant drop in temperature in Europe, Norway and the UK will become very hard places to live, to mention one effect. And that is of course before we add in the complications of melting ice in antarctica (oh, and yeah, that ice will raise the sea levels unlike the arctic ice).

Now, that's just one example of how it can work out, and I'll like to add that I'm not by any means an eco-mentalist, I'm pretty impartial in this, I don't care that much, but I still don't like it when people over simplify stuff to fit their agenda, claiming that snow disproves global warming is just as futile as claiming that the right wing anti-islam parties that spring up all over Europe are nazis. They're not.

Get a grip.

Its not that I deny that there is Global Warming - the climate is always changing, and has done from the beginning of time. What is at debate really is what we are going to do about it, if anything.

There is probably a host of reasons why it is changing faster than normal - did you see my posts in the other thread - one form one scientific camp one from the opposite one - they agree that climate is changing but what do we do about the "most complex system on the planet"?

Politicians are rubbish at this sort of stuff - so we have stuff on the push side and stuff on the pull side - so far almost exclusively we seem to have concentrated upon the push side - get rid of cars, get rid of coal and gas fired power stations (excuse me what are countries like Iran going to do then btw, they will say well you told us to stop making greenhouse gasses, when we do here you put on sanctions, it is our atomic power station you know - so waht if it permits us to make nukes?)

So there you go even greenies are split - its all very well going up the Isle of Grain powerstation chimney with a really stupid banner but I bet they do not volunteer to stop using electricity.

So - 1. Carbon capture, a quick fix but not a long term solution
2. Wind power - tough if it spoils the look of the countryside
3. Barrages - severn etc. we can fix the planning laws for nuke powerstations but not to build much safer and cost effective barrages
4. Wave power - we have lots of them - who cut the funding on the research in the 1970s btw - stand up and be Proud of your decision
5. Buy the stuff off the French - oh no can not do that they do not have any spare at the moment
6. Build Nuclear - OK but the person who makes that decision has to live with his family next door to one then I will believe its safe.
7. Any other ideas chaps? Solar - have you been to Britain? You'd need global warming for that to work. ...

Last edited:
What they need to do is to put new engines into 11 super tankers, or something. Read the other day that there were 11 super tankers that emit as much as all the cars in the world put together, as I understand, that could be halfed by giving them new engines and running them on something that's not as crude as the fuel they're using now.

Heck, how much could it be? Let's say it's a 100 million dollars. I'd pay that, sure thing. No problem. Do it.

In the long run, they'd probably be more profitable for the owners as well. See? Everybody wins. We can still have our cars, but it'll cost the world a sum of money.

It's quite understandable why they call it "climate change", after all, every time it snows, it's used to ridicule the complete idea of global warming, despite the fact that global warming (if we accept it, for the arguments sake) intails colder winters in some places, the melting of the arctic ice will lead to a lower sea temperature where the golf stream flows, which will in turn lead to a quite significant drop in temperature in Europe, Norway and the UK will become very hard places to live, to mention one effect. And that is of course before we add in the complications of melting ice in antarctica (oh, and yeah, that ice will raise the sea levels unlike the arctic ice).

Now, that's just one example of how it can work out, and I'll like to add that I'm not by any means an eco-mentalist, I'm pretty impartial in this, I don't care that much, but I still don't like it when people over simplify stuff to fit their agenda, claiming that snow disproves global warming is just as futile as claiming that the right wing anti-islam parties that spring up all over Europe are nazis. They're not.

Get a grip.

There is no golf stream in Nice, France.
We arent talking about cold weather only in Norway or northern Europe these days, it's kinda global.
And other that, the highest global temperature measured was back in 1998. It has since gone down, while CO2 emissions has increased. Do you have a smart answer to those facts?
Also very funny the way that graph of global temperature (the Hockeystick) the last 100 years was fabricated (The one used by IPCC), as have been revealed the last couple of weeks.

Last edited:
Cosmic Rays and Solar wind has an impact on climate too. Actually they have an impact on clouds that has an impact on Global Warming - it did occur to me that we could generate somehow more of them to cool the place down as one potential means of control.

Last edited:
New sources of energy will have to be established regardless of global warming as fossil fuels are bound to run out faster than they are being made. Another idea that is gaining popularity is direct solar power via massive capture stations situated in space and then beaming it back down to earth via microwaves or something of that nature. Nuclear is another feasible option.

Anyone seen this video?
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zORv8wwiadQ[/YOUTUBE]

As long as we drop the Hybrid thing, I'm happy.

The ONLY thing that "makes" energy in an Hybrid is the braking. I'm sure it doesn't make that much difference though, and given that the petrol engine in the Prius is really rather good, green and economical by itself, how about just making it a little bigger (2 liter, 100hp), chucking out the batteries and the electric motor, keep the low drag factor and keep the economy tyres, and you're there I think.

2. Wind power - tough if it spoils the look of the countryside

Go sail through Danish waters, having lots of wind turbines both on- and offshore is quite beautiful imo.

7. Any other ideas chaps? Solar - have you been to Britain? You'd need global warming for that to work. ...

Nanoantennas. Just need a couple things sorted before working properly :rolleyes:

New sources of energy will have to be established regardless of global warming as fossil fuels are bound to run out faster than they are being made. Another idea that is gaining popularity is direct solar power via massive capture stations situated in space and then beaming it back down to earth via microwaves or something of that nature. Nuclear is another feasible option.

Anyone seen this video?
[YOUTUBE]zORv8wwiadQ[/YOUTUBE]

Have you seen this Video?

[YOUTUBE]5-zOLtMIH8Q[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]ZmebVbIO2Gs[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]VRrkitPezhI[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited:
So the gulf stream does in no way, shape or form affect the weather in Nice?

We arent talking about cold weather only in Norway or northern Europe these days, it's kinda global.
That's true, but it has nothing to do with Nomix's answer. He was merely pointing out why the shift from the term "global warming" to "climate change" makes perfect sense.

And other that, the highest global temperature measured was back in 1998. It has since gone down, while CO2 emissions has increased. Do you have a smart answer to those facts?
Also very funny the way that graph of global temperature (the Hockeystick) the last 100 years was fabricated (The one used by IPCC), as have been revealed the last couple of weeks.
[citation needed]

#1 Here's this video on youtube that proves global warming.
#2 Here's this video on youtube that disproves global warming.
#3 Here's this video on youtube that proves cocaine is good for you.

Listen folks, you'll always find a youtube video that agrees with you, it's just a question of picking the one that fits your agenda, and sticking to it.

I don't. To be honest, I don't think there's any scientists who know what the hell they're talking about on this forum.

Listen, I'm not a bloody eco-mentalist, I've got an open mind, and don't care that much.

This year's temperature was the 2nd highest on record, beating out 2005's.

Seriously, y'all need some fuckin' citations. I could sit here and perpetuate that global warming is a Jewish conspiracy, and you'd all call me batshit insane, rightfully so. But even I could find a source to cite that (no matter how batshit insane they are).

No I think that my post is a vid by a serious scientist - so serious that he is being criticsed by an other serious scientist - my posts in another thread show the issues. I have a look for them. Can't find them rats.

Last edited:

There is no gulf stream in Kiel, Germany either, it doesn't go into the baltic sea. Still it does greatly influence the weather, especially thanks to the overall trend of westerly winds.

How are the Aussies feeling about not being part of kinda global? :lol:

What they need to do is to put new engines into 11 super tankers, or something. Read the other day that there were 11 super tankers that emit as much as all the cars in the world put together, as I understand, that could be halfed by giving them new engines and running them on something that's not as crude as the fuel they're using now.

There were a couple threads on this a while back, like this: http://forums.finalgear.com/automot...ips-pollution-from-all-the-worlds-cars-36308/ or this: http://forums.finalgear.com/off-top...ore-pollution-than-all-the-worlds-cars-37985/

When you do the maths for CO2 for example you'll see that cars put out a boatload (see what I did there) more than the largest tankers.

The trouble with tankers and similar large ships is sulfur dioxide (--> acid rain, not greenhouse) due to different (cheaper, less processed) fuel. All you'd need is to adopt techniques powerplants use to desulfurize their emissions.

The ONLY thing that "makes" energy in an Hybrid is the braking.

Running the engine at peak efficiency "makes" energy as well. Quite a lot of energy potentially.

Charging the batteries "makes" energy too, if that energy was generated either from green sources or at least more efficiently from fossil fuels than by burning them in a tiny ICE.

This year's temperature was the 2nd highest on record, beating out 2005's.

Seriously, y'all need some fuckin' citations. I could sit here and perpetuate that global warming is a Jewish conspiracy, and you'd all call me batshit insane, rightfully so. But even I could find a source to cite that (no matter how batshit insane they are).

Yeah well. NASA might be right, and they might be wrong.
The only thing I know is my next car will emit more CO2 than my current one.