Unicode

LP

Your Brown Banana for Scale
DONOR
Car(s)
206 HP N/A washing machine
I was just wondering if unicode is entirely possible on the forums.

I got the impression that it was because of Final Daihatsu's hebrew post here:

Banned because I feel like writing in Hebrew.
???, ????? ??? ?? ?????? ?????. ??.

It got me thinking I could write PMs in Tamil to gman/alok/whoever else is Tamilian on the forums.

Is it possible and is the entire unicode set available for use? Thanks beforehand.

Have you tired. I know it does support Greek.

Well I'm unsure of the input.

Is it the whole U + <code> or is it &# + <code>?

I'll just try both here and see what happens:

U+0B92

&#0B92

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8" />

why should anything not be available?

@lurkerPatrol: html is usually disabled on forums because it can destroy layouts and is a security issue ;)

So I take it the answer is: no, unicode is not available on the forums or no, there is no way to input unicode?

????????? ?????? ??????????? ?????? ?????? ??????, ???????????

copypasta ;)

no, I don't have any idea what that says

or if it's the right language

????????? ?????? ??????????? ?????? ?????? ??????, ???????????

copypasta ;)

no, I don't have any idea what that says

or if it's the right language

What that says (possibly): Uyirukku payanthu ilangkaiyidam thappiya naarve thamizhar inthiyaavin

So yes :p it's the right language

The meaning of what you just pasted: I have no idea, I only took Tamil until the 3rd grade :blush:

Did you just copy paste from Word or something?

Funny I vaguely remember one of us Tamilians doing this before. I think I might have actually drawn something in photoshop and saved it as a jpg in order to send the message :lol:

But nevermind that. Thanks Victor!!!

????? ???????? = Mikka nanrrigall = Thank you very much

The forums are UTF-8. You can use essentially any character you wish.

However the forums themselves are English only. Please keep it to English when posting.

The forums are UTF-8. You can use essentially any character you wish.

However the forums themselves are English only. Please keep it to English when posting.

Sweet.

And of course, I'll be writing in English. As I mentioned it was only in private messages or inserting it into english messages for fun or whatever. I wasn't going to spam the place with squiggly letters.

Besides, fortunately for everyone, I barely know proper Tamil. So even if I wanted to write something, it would be very limited and I would have to resort to English anyway.

Some characters will wreck havoc with the forums causing the posts to be cutoff, or mess with the templates. UTF-8 characters are not officially supported, but are allowed.. so YMMV.