United States presidential election, 2008 - election day poll

United States presidential election, 2008 - election day poll

• John McCain

Votes: 37 28.0%
  • Barack Obama

Votes: 95 72.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I voted early ballot last week. I didnt like either of the canidates. I chose who I thought represented my ideals more. Though I liked Bob Barr w/ the Libertarians, and I consiter myself mostly Libertarian, there are still some Libritarian ideas I cant agree with (complete legalization of drugs). I hope that they may someday become a stronger voice on the national stage. Heck, Id like to see any third party, left, right, middle, anything, become a player on a national level. Politics needs some shaking up.

let's see how this compares to the "real" voting

I voted yesterday morning (absentee ballot) and I can tell you my candidate is not listed here.

Just got back from the polls. 15 minutes after they opened.

Filled out my ballot for Obama last night, as did the rest of my family. Not that it really matters though as Obama has like a 15-20% lead here in Oregon, so he easily has all of Oregon's electoral votes.

All of Europe would vote for Obama if they could, well other than fucking Poland, but we don't talk to them anymore.

Was the media in the EU like ours here in Australia which decided Obama won 6 months ago? Kind of annoying to try and see what they're both like

Was the media in the EU like ours here in Australia which decided Obama won 6 months ago? Kind of annoying to try and see what they're both like

I think it's very Obama biased but they haven't gone out and said Obama was a sure win, they make a point of saying that even though he's in the lead, it's not over yet.

I can understand the European Obama bias because it's almost like he's an European politician, his values and goals could just as well be on the program of a Danish party. McCain on the other hand (In our eyes) looks like more of the same.

The American media decided that 6 months ago too.

I'm another Bob Barr voter. I'm not a fan of McBama.

Filled out my ballot for Obama last night, as did the rest of my family. Not that it really matters though as Obama has like a 15-20% lead here in Oregon, so he easily has all of Oregon's electoral votes.

True, but if everybody thinks like that, Obama would get 0 votes :? something that could possibly happen, with all those "obama is gonna win" reportings.

Your candidate doesn't need to be listed, that's what "write-in" is for. Of course, the fact that their name isn't already printed on there probably means they don't have a dolphin's chance in a tuna packing plant, but it's the thought that counts right?

Last edited:
Voted for McCain. I don't know how the election will go, and frankly by this point don't really care. The real important votes I care about are for local offices, Governor, and representatives.