Unknownspeedster's VW Golf

unknownspeedster

Car(s)
2007 Mini Cooper S
im about to aquire a 2003 build 2004 rego'ed Gen IV VW Golf 2.0 Sport, it my sister old car and its only travelled 22,000 really good buy i reckon, though its an automatic so im gonna feel weird, till i get used to it and i love how the dash lights up blue :D

some specs:
Maximum power 85kW @ 5200rpm
Maximum torque 170Nm @ 2400rpm
Acceleration - 0-100km/h (secs) 11.9
Maximum speed (km/h) 192km/h

i know it aint quick but its a step up from the carbi powered rebadged holden nova that was actually a AE92 toyota corolla :rolleyes: i orginally owned.

post up pics on the weekend ;)

Last edited:
Congrats! A nice car, welcome to the VeeDub club, representing Deutschland.

Just curious as to how much this weighs. Mine only has 67kW and 150Nm, weighs 1050kg and is quoted as doing 0-100 in 10.9 seconds...

Now thats a factory fault - they put the steering in the wrong place...:p

tinted front windows............good looking, but so illegal over here :(((

I'm glad it's not here, cars with dark tint on the rear windows and nothing on the fronts look stupid, IMO. Plus, the hot Aussie summers mean a dark tint is very useful for preventing sun damage to the interior.

The thing about the Mk4 Golfs is that that 2.0L engine is a bit weak for its size. After all, 85kw/170Nm is the same power/torque I get from my Telstar, which has the same size engine, and is ten years older. Probably a far better torque curve, though.

basically it rockets up to 70ish and then seems to lack for the rest, im hoping a new exhaust will help with the top end...basically my side tints illegal then the front windscreen is tinted at what is normally legal limit for the sides is, but in SA you cant have tint on the front. normally this set up wont be done for you, but cash can make a lot happen so :p

Very nice! Looks great with the BB number plate, too! :p

See you around Adelaide ;)

Well.. yeah! I'm in the western surburbs.. you could be on the other side of town.