Unreal Tournament 3

It's good, but different. A lot easier to get killed and the physics are different. Also a totally different style of graphics.

But as I said, it's good. ^_^

It's good, but different. A lot easier to get killed and the physics are different. Also a totally different style of graphics.

But as I said, it's good. ^_^

Compare it to TF2.. If i like TF2 and everything about it, will i enjoy this?

Also will it play on a sub-par machine? 3.0 P4 6800GT 2bg ram?

TF2 is totally different (and better IMO). Still though, quite fun and only a little over 700MB, so worth the download.

As for your PC, it's identical to mine and I run it at 1024x768 on pretty good settings (I think -- couldn't find the quality settings page).

I'll try it... Wonder if it will be as good as the COD4 demo yesterday...

And why call it beta if it runs that well...

Anyway, its all a bit retro with good graphics for me...

will it run on my poor little 7600gs?

will it run on my poor little 7600gs?

it should run

Minimum System Requirements

Windows XP SP2 or Windows Vista
2.0+ GHZ Single Core Processor
512 Mbytes of System RAM
NVIDIA 6200+ or ATI Radeon 9600+ Video Card
8 GB of Free Hard Drive Space

Recommended System Requirements

2.4+ GHZ Dual Core Processor
1 GBytes of System RAM
NVIDIA 7800GTX+ or ATI x1300+ Video Card

i like it so far it's a bit faster than ut2004 and the hoverboard is fun 8)
...i'm just a little bit disappointed that no warfare map is included

I think it's brilliant, but i am a diehard fan of the UT series. The only thing wrong with it is lack of advanced settings, hopefully they'll be there in the game, and problems with the network browser when it comes to servers behind routers.

Other than that, the graphics are amazing, they run smoothly on my athlon 64 3000+, 2 gigs of ram and a gf 6600 gt at 1280x960, 100% rendering, level 3 textures, level 4 world detail (both out of 5) and default post processing. A LOT better and prettier than bioshock.

The vehicles are a bit different than in 2004, but basically the same. The artilery truck (hellfire) is 1 person now, not 2, the hellbender is 2 person, not 3, and the tripod from war of the worlds (darkstalker - the only new vehicle in the demo) is really fun!

I wish there was more than one character and more than 3 maps. I'd gladly download another 300 mb (40-ish per character (or even not that, cause they're built like puzzles now, and you can just combine different armour - gonna be fun customizing your own char now) and map) to play something different, maybe a bit more open, like Torlan in the previous game's demo.

I don't know if i like how vehicles and players are in bright team colours far off, but i do like it that they fade down when you come closer, i guess it's a good compromise, i just hope we'll have an option to choose out of all 3 in the final game.

Other than that, i love the new graphics (if you've played only VCTF, the other 2 aren't as brown, which seems to be the hue of choice in today's games), i like the redesigned vehicles, i like the one new vehicle, i like the hoverboard, i like the feel of the game, i like it when you go under water and it looks like you're actually looking under water without any goggles. Ah, another thing. I don't like how you can jump from the top of the bridge into 1 meter deep water and not even suffer the loss of 1 hit point. That completely does away with the risk of fall damage. Just aim for a puddle and you'll be ok.

Oh, and my game doesn't want to save the graphical settings, so i have to re-set them every time i run the game.

There are a few glitches, i think that's why it's called beta. ;)

^what he said!

Hmm, I get hurt when I drop into the water.

it should run

Minimum System Requirements

Windows XP SP2 or Windows Vista
2.0+ GHZ Single Core Processor
512 Mbytes of System RAM
NVIDIA 6200+ or ATI Radeon 9600+ Video Card

I meet min sys requirements...just about. :cry:

I think it shows that they developed the game with consoles in mind. It's gotten to the point wher crappy interfaces are becoming an annoyance on PC games. Please stop it game developers.

Besides that I'd say that while not being overly original it's still a fun game.

[...]I wish there was more than one character and more than 3 maps. I'd gladly download another 300 mb (40-ish per character (or even not that, cause they're built like puzzles now, and you can just combine different armour - gonna be fun customizing your own char now) and map) to play something different, maybe a bit more open, like Torlan in the previous game's demo.[...]
The UT204 Torlan Demo was an absolute miracle. I played just Torlan for Months back then before I even got the whole Game, and even after getting the whole product, Torlan still remained my Favorite.
The Maps that come with this Demo suck. I can?t even say anything about the Game (Weapons, Movement, Controls) itself, because of the crappy Maps. They look great ... but thats all. It?s not like UT-maps at all, to cramped, to many small places. But with the Editor, that will be fixed soon by the big Mapping-Scene behind UT. Looking forward to a Torlan Adaption. :)

Just got the game and apart from an initial glitch, which was fixed by a simple .ini edit, the game's brilliant. Didn't realise how beautiful it was untill now. It actually runs at max settings @ 1600x1200 as smooth as silk and in the full game, i don't get the control lag. Just began the campain, when my gf woke up in the middle of the night and interrupted it. :(

But anyway, back into the void!

EDIT: can a mod change the thread title since the game's been released?