US F1 tv coverage?

wooflepoof

WoofleDay
Car(s)
Genesis Sedan 3.8
Probably been answered befor but is there any other channels besides speed where i can see F1 or at least coverage? Me an my German classmate are really looking to find a means of catching at leas whos winning

Re: US F1 tv coverage?

wooflepoof said:
Probably been answered befor but is there any other channels besides speed where i can see F1 or at least coverage? Me an my German classmate are really looking to find a means of catching at leas whos winning

As far as the race goes, in my opinion, Speed does pretty good coverage, so I don't know what you mean by that last bit. (though my school's provider is pretty shitty, so every 5~10 seconds the picture freezes and screws up, so I miss important things, like the start of the Australian Grand Prix...)

But, no, Speed is the only on doing it. I think CBS might do one or two races, but that's it...

Agreed, Speed's coverage of F1 is actually really good in my opinion as is other races such as the Rolex series or something. Except they have too much damn Nascrap stuff. But that is besides the point.

I think Europe has ITV coverage? I'm really not sure.

i've tried tsn before and their commentary is absolutely useless. speed does the job pretty well.

I like speed TV i have no problem with seed theyre great, problem is i dont have it here at the universe

Ah, so that's it. Well, you've got three options:

1: You and a bunch of buddies get together and petition your SGA or whoever is in charge of your TV.

2: Move off campus.

3: Change Schools.

i'd call for a riot and some window smashing

I suppose i'll hafta find someone with digital cable that lives off campus :(

i agree. speed tv's commentators are really insightful (as well as funny) as a lot of em had actual experience in f1. i would say it is just as good as ITV's coverage.

CBS does cover two races out of every season, and speed tv's coverage of it follows the next weekend. CBS does a real crappy job at covering f1, their commentators are just really dumb and like to state the obvious. i feel like i know more f1 stuff than they do! :x

speed cover F1 well, but like all american tv there's too many adverts.

POWERRR!! said:
i agree. speed tv's commentators are really insightful (as well as funny) as a lot of em had actual experience in f1. i would say it is just as good as ITV's coverage.

CBS does cover two races out of every season, and speed tv's coverage of it follows the next weekend. CBS does a real crappy job at covering f1, their commentators are just really dumb and like to state the obvious. i feel like i know more f1 stuff than they do! :x

Speed Coverage of F1 --> Made for F1 fans by F1 fans (and a few drivers)
CBS Coverage of F1 --> Formula 1 for dummies (with a dude with a stereotype 'Irish accent' for fun yet 'educational' info on technical words that any newcomers to F1 may already know.)

God, I remember the first time I watched their broadcast last year. The discussion of Oversteer vs. Understeer. Didn't quite explain what they meant and left it as: "Oversteer is when it's the rear wheels and Understeer is when it's the front wheels." >.< :thumbsdown:

CBS's coverage of F1 last year was a joke. They don't even cover the races live either! I already knew the race results when I was watching the CBS race. I got annoyed at the commentators and promptly turned it off.

Speed TV's coverage is very interesting because of Peter Windsor. He is the man who actually does the post race interviews with the podium finishers. He was also a former F1 mechanic so he has VERY insightful things to say.

here's this weekend's f1 schedule (all times eastern)

SPEED TV:
friday (april 21) - f1 practice, (8am LIVE)
saturday (april 22) - f1 qualifying (8am LIVE)

CBS:
sunday (april 23) - san marino gp (1PM)

i'll watch practice and qualifying as usual on speed. i will not however watch CBS' coverage, but rather i'll download ITV's coverage from torrentspy.

POWERRR!! said:
here's this weekend's f1 schedule (all times eastern)

SPEED TV:
friday (april 21) - f1 practice, (8am LIVE)
saturday (april 22) - f1 qualifying (8am LIVE)

CBS:
sunday (april 23) - san marino gp (1PM)

i'll watch practice and qualifying as usual on speed. i will not however watch CBS' coverage, but rather i'll download ITV's coverage from torrentspy.

SpeedTV is going to reair the race on April 30th, with their own coverage. I am going to wait for that.