US of A Presidential Elections 2012

Obama seems to be a bit of a wimp to be honest. There were lots of (American) people in FL when I was over there who hated Obama, when they asked me what I thought of him I sort of gave a jury's out verdict. He is not a bad man and obviously he has a lovely family but to be the US president you need more, he needs to man up (He made a complete dogs breakfast of health care reform for instance coming up with what would a appear to be the least effective option at the most expensive price) but I fear it is too late.
Eh. I don't feel like he is all that good of a person tbh. He has this air of complete smug about him that says "I know what you want/need better than you do". That combined with the fact with all that smug he never even gets shit done makes me hate him. If you want an example of a president who did a shitty job but seemed like a good choice to invite to your bbq, I would probably go with Bush who struck me as more that he pissed people off by accident with good intentions instead of intentionally doing things in a parent knows best manner thinking people would learn to love what he was doing.

did you know that Jefferson, the guy who was supposedly a rabid freedom from religion advocate, actually started a weekly church service at the Capital?

Mostly because DC at the time didn't have a large Church and he considered Church services to be a good community activity and there is no evidence that he attended on a regular basis. Jefferson wasn't against church services, he was just against religion having anything to do with Government and his Virginia Statute for Religious Liberty was a great breakthrough since it meant Virginians could not only worship as they choose they didn't have money taxed from them to go to a faith they didn't believe in.
Jefferson was a "Christian" in the sense he thought that Jesus was the greatest ethicist who ever lived he did not believe in any of the "Son of God" stuff, when he was President, at great secrecy he edited his own version of the bible to removed all the miracles and left what he considers the life and lessons of Jesus. In modern terms we'd probably label him a Unitarian.

Eh. I don't feel like he is all that good of a person tbh. He has this air of complete smug about him that says "I know what you want/need better than you do". That combined with the fact with all that smug he never even gets shit done makes me hate him. If you want an example of a president who did a shitty job but seemed like a good choice to invite to your bbq, I would probably go with Bush who struck me as more that he pissed people off by accident with good intentions instead of intentionally doing things in a parent knows best manner thinking people would learn to love what he was doing.

The Shrubs greatest fault besides the fact I don't think he liked to think too hard was filling his cabinet with Neo-Cons instead of more honest people like Powell. If he had a different VP and Sec Defense we probably never would of gone into Iraq and while he never would of been a GOOD president he probably wouldn't of been the unmitigated disaster he was.

The Shrubs greatest fault besides the fact I don't think he liked to think too hard was filling his cabinet with Neo-Cons instead of more honest people like Powell. If he had a different VP and Sec Defense we probably never would of gone into Iraq and while he never would of been a GOOD president he probably wouldn't of been the unmitigated disaster he was.

Well, that's the hitch. A president usually always fills his cabinet with the people who got him there in the first place, for Bush it was people tied to companies who making money on war. With Obama there was talk of his cabinet being filled with communists" and the like. :roll:

Politicians should strive to make our lives better, even if that comes across as "knowing whats better for you", which in most cases is because the average person knows nothing about what is good for them and just accept what people who aren't politicians tell them to think (commentators, media, religions ect).

This is obviously from the UK but demonstrates the point quite well:

OMG I am Richard Nixon!

and in other news. ...

Please America, please, please, please get someone good as president.

Sucks.

Last edited:
This thread definitely proves one thing... the difference between hardcore liberals supporting Obama and Christians is that Christians think that Jesus Christ is Jesus Christ. :)

The only thing Obama has to fear in 2012... is Obama's performance itself.

This thread definitely proves one thing... the difference between hardcore liberals supporting Obama and Christians is that Christians think that Jesus Christ is Jesus Christ. :)

I'm sorry, has anyone in this thread has actually kissed Obama's ass, or even staunchly defended his actions yet? I'm struggling to think of any time in the last sixteen pages of discussion where someone has said he has no fault and is our savior.

I'm sorry, has anyone in this thread has actually kissed Obama's ass, or even staunchly defended his actions yet? I'm struggling to think of any time in the last sixteen pages of discussion where someone has said he has no fault and is our savior.

Welllllll...you have come kinda close.

I kid, I kid.....

He's a good leader. Or to be precise, he's got the potential to be one. He's just scared of handeling some of the more important, but contentious issues. He got burned by health care. I think that scared him. I think he'll try to do a lot more if he's elected to a second term.

at this rate, I honestly don't know if that'll happen, the whole 2nd term thing. He's got a long road ahead of him to change public opinion, and sometimes I feel like he'll end up just compromising, or "taking the high road" in ads/debates or what not. I know that people shouldn't be swayed by shit like that, but it wouldn't surprise me if a few are.

Well, I'm not happy with Obama. But the twelve republican clowns don't really flatter my heart either. And while I think Ron Paul is refreshingly honest about his thinking and frightfully steadfast with his principles. But first and foremost, his policies will wreck the US economy, and by extension the world economy. And as he's a libertarian, he'll do very poorly in certain primary states that make a lot of corn.

There are people that might have done a better job as POTUS than Obama. But by God, he's the best alternative you've got right now. Had I been an American, I would vote Obama/Biden in 2012. No alternative.

at this rate, I honestly don't know if that'll happen, the whole 2nd term thing. He's got a long road ahead of him to change public opinion, and sometimes I feel like he'll end up just compromising, or "taking the high road" in ads/debates or what not. I know that people shouldn't be swayed by shit like that, but it wouldn't surprise me if a few are.
That's indeed true, but there is some great strength in being an incumbent president. Even Bush managed to secure a second term, literally no one thought that was possible.

The one sure thing about US politics is that you never know what'll happen. If I was a betting man, I'd put ten dollars on Obama securing a second term. I might win. And I might now. Time will show.

Sadly, at this point I would have to vote Obama as well. Maybe Dennis Kucinich will run too. I would vote for him before Obama. He is kinda like Ron Paul, but make more sense in the areas I don't like Paul.

Liberalism is good for social policy. For economic policy, it's disasterous.

Welllllll...you have come kinda close.

I kid, I kid.....
In that case, the closest we've come in this thread is "he would be such a good President if he would actually grow a backbone". Hardly a testifying. :p

There are people that might have done a better job as POTUS than Obama. But by God, he's the best alternative you've got right now. Had I been an American, I would vote Obama/Biden in 2012. No alternative.
This.

The devil you know is better than the devil you don't. Or, in this case, the spineless wimp you know is better than the frothing right-wing fringers you don't.

There are people that might have done a better job as POTUS than Obama

- Bin Laden killed
- Iraq War coming to an end
- Libya now planning democratic elections and a constitution

I think he's probably doing OK on that front.

I do not think he had that much to do Libya, big up the French on that front.

Still, most of the middle East is, or is heading toward democracy, be careful what you want as you might get it. Israel will not be the only democracy in the middle east, then there may be some fun and games.

America will be steadfast is support of Israel but it could be difficult for the incoming President to handle IMHO.

I do not think he had that much to do Libya, big up the French on that front.

While that is sort of true he should have the balls to claim domesticly that the US had a hand in spreading freedom or democracy or whatever.