US of A Presidential Elections 2012

A post from another forum:

"The Democratic party wants to create a financial dependence on the government to guarantee they always get elected. I don't see why a lot of Obama supporters can't see that. They think the government is great and really care about people. It cares about the vote. I see where this nation is headed on the Democratic agenda and it makes me sick to know my kids will have to deal with it."

Where do people get spoonfed this bullshit?

Rush Limbaugh and Glenn Beck types.

Also, I've decided I'm going to vote for Gary Johnson. Even though it's pointless, last night I remembered why I didn't like Obama 4 years ago...

A post from another forum:

"The Democratic party wants to create a financial dependence on the government to guarantee they always get elected. I don't see why a lot of Obama supporters can't see that. They think the government is great and really care about people. It cares about the vote. I see where this nation is headed on the Democratic agenda and it makes me sick to know my kids will have to deal with it."

Where do people get spoonfed this bullshit?

Same place they get the "Obama is a Kenyan muslem" and "Obama is obviously gay because he sits gayly in a coach in this photo from his college years" and "WHERE'S THE REPORT CARD FROM HIGH SCHOOL!"?

The last one, by the way, I found in the comments section of a NORWEGIAN newspaper. It's being talked about in NORWAY. Bloody hell..

This sounds like a trainwreck. I'll definitely give it a watch tonight.

And be sure to add @FiredBigBird on twitter. Quite funny.

-Economy is a clean win for Romney, imo. I support giving tax breaks to the middle class but not the rich, just as I support giving them to small businesses, while still trying to balance the budget. Raising taxes to reduce the deficit is not the way to go.

Romney completely abandoned his pre-existing tax platform when he said that (not a big surprise considering his history with saying whatever the audience wants to hear), his planned tax cut for the richest will increase taxes on the middle class by $2000 p/a on average.

I only listened to the last 40 or so minutes to the debate on my drive into work.

I agree Obama just did not bring his A-Game he needed to go on the offensive right away once it became clear that Romney was going to be so aggressive and take the chance of looking un-presidential.

There was a segment towards the end of the debate that opened a moment for Obama to get a jab in at Romney and he just let it slide. I was in the car actually hitting the steering wheel in frustration.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkrwUU_YApE

Go to about the one hour 15 minute mark.

Jim asks a question about the roll of education in the federal gov't.

Obama answers says that there is probably some agreement with Romney on this.

Jim intterupts to ask Romney what he thinks.

Obama says hey let me finish...

Right there he could have dropped this line perfectly.

Now hang on a second there before you ask Gov. Romney if he agrees with me let me finish what I was saying. You cannot expect people to agree with you or vote for you if they do not have all the necessary information.

Don't you agree Gov. Romney that the People of the united states should know what is in a plan before they have to vote on a person who wants to implement it?

Oh and I updated my blog for the first time in like two years because I was so frustrated with last nights debate and the aftermath of posts on facebook.

http://britishrover.wordpress.com/2...dable-care-act-or-obamacare-will-create-jobs/

You know, I was thinking something like that. I was just waiting for the incumbent to say the following:

"As president, I have taken decisions that led to folks here in America losing jobs. Those decisions were difficult, I didn't enjoy them.. but sometimes, that's what the job entails. But you know, folks, I'm not the only guy on this podium who's caused people to lose their jobs.. but I'm the only one on this podium who didn't make a profit from demolishing the jobs of middle class Americans."

I'm feeling like Sam Seaborne. I'm taking up speech writing. Yeah!

You know, I was thinking something like that. I was just waiting for the incumbent to say the following:

"As president, I have taken decisions that led to folks here in America losing jobs. Those decisions were difficult, I didn't enjoy them.. but sometimes, that's what the job entails. But you know, folks, I'm not the only guy on this podium who's caused people to lose their jobs.. but I'm the only one on this podium who didn't make a profit from demolishing the jobs of middle class Americans."

And now you've just given the Out-of-Context Party their dream sound bite.

Heck, it's a debate. This isn't Socrates discussing the philosophy of table cloths with Jean Paul Sartre. This is American politics. Hasn't been in context or dignified since JFK got the nomination. And I still think it rings true.

When I win the lottery and make a run for being the anti-candidate, I will hire you.

Great. I like the dirty side of politics, but I'm decent. I won't do stuff like blame Romney for people dying of cancer (I think he's bad, but not cancerous), but his record as a mega-venture-capitalist itself is truely open for attack in my opinion.

And now you've just given the Out-of-Context Party their dream sound bite.

Agreed replace the losing american jobs part with something else and maybe that is workable.

The Daily Caller and Fox news would have that running 26/8, they would spend extra money to make the days and weeks longer, on the TV and internet if Obama said it that way.

Romney web pages promise both 20% tax rate cut and "maintain marginal rates at current levels." Which is it?
https://twitter.com/DavidCayJ

Romney Admits Pushing Misinformation In Debate
http://thinkprogress.org/election/2...s-pushing-misinformation-in-debate/?mobile=nc

Obama had a good line today about Romney:
"I just want to make sure I got this straight. He'll get rid of regulations on Wall Street, but he's going to crack down on Sesame Street"

Last edited:
http://2012.talkingpointsmemo.com/2...ies-straight-from-the-pit-of-hell.php?ref=fpb

Rep. Paul Broun (R-GA) tore into scientists as tools of the devil in a speech at the Liberty Baptist Church Sportsman?s Banquet last month.

?All that stuff I was taught about evolution and embryology and the Big Bang Theory, all that is lies straight from the pit of Hell,? Broun said. ?And it?s lies to try to keep me and all the folks who were taught that from understanding that they need a savior.?

According to Broun, the scientific plot was primarily concerned with hiding the true age of the Earth. Broun serves on the House Science Committee,

I hate my country sometimes.

GOP went batshit crazy 'cause unemployment numbers came down

Jack Welch is full of ........
http://leanforward.msnbc.com/_news/...onspiracy-theory-but-i-dont-take-it-back?lite

Debate 2012: What The Hell Happened?
http://suicidegirlsblog.com/blog/debate-2012-what-the-hell-happened/

Obama campaign also dispatched a person in a Big Bird costume to Mr. Romney?s rally in Abingdon, Va. The yellow-feathered fellow hovered at the entrance to the rally, carrying a sign that said, ?Crack down on Wall Street, not Sesame Street.?
http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/10/05/new-star-on-the-stump-big-bird/

Last edited:
Payroll data is notoriously unreliable, revisions are very normal. The household survey is a bit strange, coming in at +876k, but it is based on less than 1% of the population.

Economist said:
Some people are wondering why there are two such divergent numbers on employment. The reason is that there are actually two job surveys. One is based on asking establishments how many people are on their payroll, which initially covers roughly a third of all payroll employment. The second is based on asking households how many people in their family are working; the sample covers less than 1% of the population. Normal statistical variation guarantees that the two typically produce different results, though this month's difference was larger than usual. In addition, the two define employment differently. If somebody works two jobs, he will be counted twice by the payroll survey but just once by the household survey. The household survey counts domestic workers and the self-employed; the establishment survey does not. When the two diverge, you should put more weight on the establishment survey because of its larger sample size. As I note above, the big gain in the household survey this month in part is payback for unusual declines in the prior two months. That said, variance between the two in the last year has been small. The BLS estimates that in the last 12 months, payroll employment is up 1.8m while household employment is up 2.6m. Most of that gap, roughly 700,000, is due to definitional differences. If you adjust household employment to follow the payroll definition of a job, it's only up 1.9m. So the gap between the two is a relatively slim 95,000 over that period.
http://www.economist.com/blogs/freeexchange/2012/10/americas-jobs-report

Agreed replace the losing american jobs part with something else and maybe that is workable.

The Daily Caller and Fox news would have that running 26/8, they would spend extra money to make the days and weeks longer, on the TV and internet if Obama said it that way.
Ah. Forgot about Fox.

Spent last night heckling some conservative idiot on Twitter*, he tends to the position that Romney will win because no president have won reelection with these high unemployment numbers since WW2.

Which is true. The current numbers are a whole 6 promille higher than they were in November 1984. You know, when Ronald Reagan lost with just 49 of 50 states.

When Obama was up by 9 and 10 in FL and OH, I said it was too close to call. The right are kidding themselves if they think it isn't too close to call even now.