US of A Presidential Elections 2012

I guess that's the reason I'd like to see the electoral college die off. It makes as much of a point as French fried butter.

Even crazier, the Senate elects the Vice President in that situation, and each member gets a vote. That would mean Biden gets elected, so we'd not only have a split government, but a split executive as well (not that it really matters).

It would be a fucking disaster.

It would be an interesting tear of how powerful te veep has gotten over tr past forty years

There'll be a lot of voter registration/voter fraud stuff coming up. Most of it will probably be bullcrap, though.

Have to say I wonder exactly how corrupt elections used to be in Chicago. I've got a teacher from Chicago who just managed to work for Richard J. Daley, in a small capacity on the ground. His only big job was to fuck some independant guy running for some council seat or something. Tried to ask him a little about those days, but he tends to agree that "it was kinda corrupt, little corruption never hurt anyone, and it worked".

But I, like any Norwegian, have heard the joke "just filling out Illinois ballots", so I do wonder.

Chicago used to / probably still is one of the most corrupt if not the most corrupt major city in the world(sans Russian cites) . it has earned the title of the windy city many times over. here's an article about some Chicago corruption http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2012/02/14/chicago-called-most-corrupt-city-in-nation/

It would be a fucking disaster.

It would be an interesting tear of how powerful te veep has gotten over tr past forty years

You'd find out just how not powerful the VP is. A split ticket like that would result in the VP not doing anything other than rallying his party, except for the rare occasion a tie in the Senate happens.

But yea, the result itself would be the most controversial thing to happen to the American political system.

Chicago used to / probably still is one of the most corrupt if not the most corrupt major city in the world(sans Russian cites) . it has earned the title of the windy city many times over. here's an article about some Chicago corruption http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2012/02/14/chicago-called-most-corrupt-city-in-nation/
Yeah. But Daley do get brought up a lot as one of the greatest mayors in American history, though.

But yea, the result itself would be the most controversial thing to happen to the American political system.
I think it would be the end of the republican party if that happened. Or more correctly, the end of the party that reversed the popular vote. Cause the popular vote will go one way or the other.

Edit: Oh, and I think we'd see how powerful the SENATE is. When it comes to cabinet appointments and confirmations of anything from the SecState to the deputy undersecretary of secondary education.

Last edited:
You'd find out just how not powerful the VP is. A split ticket like that would result in the VP not doing anything other than rallying his party, except for the rare occasion a tie in the Senate happens.

I think it would depend on who the Veep is.

Are you telling me Cheney would be nearly powerless as a split ticket Veep? No I do not think so. His official power might appear reduced but his actual power would still be something. How much would depend on the individual and if he was the Veep before. What kind of Washington connections does he have throughout gov't in both the executive and legislative branches.

Imagine a scenario where Richard Nixon became president and LBJ became VP. No one's going to tell me that that particular Veep wouldn't be powerful. :p

I think it would depend on who the Veep is.

Are you telling me Cheney would be nearly powerless as a split ticket Veep? No I do not think so. His official power might appear reduced but his actual power would still be something. How much would depend on the individual and if he was the Veep before. What kind of Washington connections does he have throughout gov't in both the executive and legislative branches.

It would be a matter of how powerful his party is. There are plenty of people with strong connections in DC, Cheney is just one of them, and it wouldn't be enough to alone make a powerful VP. But if the VP had a strong party, such as a strong Senate majority and strong House minority, they would be able to derail most opposition policy. The problem is that they likely wouldn't be able to push their own, and it would be the worst government gridlock ever seen.

But it still remains that the VP has nothing to do unless there is a tie in the Senate. Ultimately, the VP has has much power as any lobbyist has with the addition of personal access to the WH. Even that would fall victim to a split administration, though. Nothing in the Constitution forces the President to work with the VP, and since the VP works in a different building, he could be shut out entirely.

Just saw this post on Facebook from a friend of friend:

Obama is a black Muslim, yep I went there.
He's also a pussy. Terrorist made an attack on this country and nothing has been done. This is AMERICA. It's time we get this communist pussy bastard out of office. Unless you want him to take all your parents money and give it to some drug dealers welfare.
Then limit our fist amendment so you can't make these post. Because protecting our god given rights isn't as important as making some terrorist group happy.

What a solid argument! She managed to include all the possible cliches in just 3-4 sentences. That's quite impressive. We've got racism, we've got religious intolerance, fear of terrorism, fear of communism, feminizing, fear of drug dealers, fear of god...

tumblr_m0d2c07iRw1qcqm5r.jpg

Just saw this post on Facebook from a friend of friend:

<Stuff wot the mad bat or Lady wrote>

What a solid argument! She managed to include all the possible cliches in just 3-4 sentences. That's quite impressive. We've got racism, we've got religious intolerance, fear of terrorism, fear of communism, feminizing, fear of drug dealers, fear of god...

tumblr_m0d2c07iRw1qcqm5r.jpg

Er communists are against religion of any sort - 'the opium of the masses'.

RACE: You can not 'blame' someone for something that they can not control, and your race is in that category - ask the victims of the concentration camps.

Which terrorist is the lady referring to? Al Quida? I think you will find that the head of that organisation has been eliminated by Seal Team 6, and the guy who planned the detail of it finally got himself extradited from the UK and is in a US court. So she can not be talking about 9/11, must be some other terrorist attack, may be the recent killing of 4 Americans in an embassy - give the guy a chance he has promised retribution (See John Stewart show last week). Note: Even Mossad are short of one terrorist from the Munich Games massacre and was not last month but 1972.

She is under the impression that he will take 'all your parents money and give it to drug dealers', but surely Mitt, by cutting taxes for the rich, will be the one per se' who will have to replace that money somehow so he will be taking the money or has he said from where this money will be appearing, because if he has I have missed it? NOTE: From my observation of 'drug dealers - (Oliver North possibly excepted)' they do not need your tax dollars as they seem to be doing rather nicely, thank you.

I would agree with the lady in that keeping Drug Dealers happy is NOT as important as guarding Americans right to free speech so I propose the legalisation of drugs - that would make drug dealers very, very, unhappy indeed as their business would hit the buffers and the'd have to go out and find a proper job, you know, like in banking. :lol:

Last edited:
Banking is now a "proper" job?

That may explain how he made it this far...

Meh, I don't think it matters.