US of A Presidential Elections 2012

You should raise hell...

Re: US of A Presidential Elections 2012

As a Virginian that really pisses me off. It might be time I actually write to representatives. Our AG is, pardon my french, a piece of shit.

Ours was as well but made it to becoming our current Governor. :|

Don't let yours make it that far.

Needs a counter case. Like a democrat dumping empty, outdated forms. Then someone reporting it, and every paper reporting it when the elections board ask the AG to investigate.

Thing is, a sting like that might work, was it not for Fox. Fox will fuck it up and it'll end up like ACORN all over. Pity, because the best way to stick a carrot up the arse of these GOP sleezebags is to show their hipocracy.

As a Virginian that really pisses me off. It might be time I actually write to representatives. Our AG is, pardon my french, a piece of shit.

This is the same guy who essentially blackmailed the VA board of health.

The Board of Health was going to grandfather in some or possibly all existing Abortion clinics, women's health care clinics, etc. from meeting the new hospital style facility regs.

http://hamptonroads.com/2012/09/cuccinelli-issues-warning-over-abortion-rules

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...420700-fe9c-11e1-8adc-499661afe377_story.html

As I understand it, and I am not in VA anymore so I am not up a 100% on this, clinics that perform a certain number of first trimester abortions a month will be classified as hospitals. Therefore they will have to have hospital level facilities or at least some aspects of that.

These are things like wider hallways and doors plus a bunch of other things. Anyone who has ever worked on construction knows you can't exactly widen all the hallways in a building without massive demo work and depending on the building you might have to tear it down completely.

A first trimester abortion is really just a D&C which is performed in normal OBGYN offices all the time without all the additional needs of a full outpatient facility. It is again just a back handed way of outlawing abortion in the state.

Someone who has read up more on this or who has time to go through the details of the law might be able to explain it better.

This is just a backhanded way of outlawing most abortions in the sate as most of these clinics will be put out of business and building new ones to the standards will cost many times more money.

The board of health was going to exempt many existing clinics from the registration.

Cuccinelli sent a letter, you can read it in the second link, to the board saying if they do that and they are sued the the VA office of the AG will NOT defend them.

Here are the highlights.

If board members get help or advice from outside attorneys it will not have attorney client privilege.

If a board member ignores the advice of the AG and is then sued he or she will be responsible for obtaining and paying for his own legal defense.

So go against Cuccinelli the AG and he will not provide you with legal counsel. Then any counsel you do get will cost you personally and will not have attorney client privilege.

Sounds like blackmail to me.

The board has already been sued by right to life groups and every individual member has been listed as a defendant.

And now for something Presidential election oriented sort of.

Hilarious or hilariously bad? You decide.

Last edited:
Send him to us, we'll put him in a hunting lodge on Jan Mayen midwinter. Until he loses his attitude.

"You say we have the smallest Navy since 1916. Governor, we have less horses and bayonettes than we did in 1916 [...] we also have ships called aircraft carriers where planes can land [...]"

Great bloody line!

I also notice mr. Karl Rove is constantly tweeting bullshit. He just wrote Romney spanked Obama on appology tour.

Politifact? Poooooliiiitiiiifact? Pants on fire, you say?

Oh my, Karl..

You make me ashamed to be Norwegian, Karl.

Obama won this one.

Romney's problem is he's not sure what he's talking about. He's up against a man who, for better or worse, is quite good at this subject. So he tries to recite his stump speech. So he says XYZ. Then Obama kills his point, and Romney regroups, thinks for a second, and says XZY, only this time he's looking like he's believing in himself. Repeat a couple of times, regroup, new subject.

The president on the other hand, showed the ability to adlib and delivered the best line of the debate on the fly.

One thing I find hard to live with is this appology tour bullshit coming from the candidates mouth, and in a debate. Either he still thinks it's true, which is a bad sign, or he thinks it doesn't matter that he lied.. which is just sad.

Anyhow, looking forward to the polling tomorrow.

No one should be listening to Fox, anyway

I just heard Fox News calling it a "tie" and that says alot.
I remember reading a column in the Guardian some months ago, saying the differences between MSNBC and Fox were more or less gone, that they were both party political machines now. I tend to agree MSNBC is on the wrong track somehow, but this is a great example of the difference between the two.

After the first debate, MSNBC slammed Obama. Whenever Romney loses something, it's more or less airbrushed out.

That right there is the difference.

Let's hope this is a bigger story and that it goes right to the top. Would be fun seeing some law and order reactionaries in orange.

Romney didn't look presidential, he looked insecure.

I've encountered Romneyites in Norway. NORWAY.