User Reputation Feature

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah, gotcha.

This could be the beginning of the end.

I don't like it but I'm gonna be watching for fall-out

Give me any rating you want. I don't care. I didn't join here just to be 'rated'.

^I agree with Shawn, if we're going to do this rep thing, its better to have usernames. Then it stops people from hammering the negative button if they don't like someone.

I agree as well. Viper, can you make it so we all can see the username of the person who gave us rep?

It won't let me give reputation to fbc even though I've never given him reputation before. It says I need to "spread the Reputation around more." What gives?

It is a site for enthusiasts, but it's also a site where the admins let the users give some input into issues like this. Just state your opinion and move on, no need to get worked up IMO.

What the hell are reps all about?

I thought this was a site for enthusiasts.....

I agree as well. Viper, can you make it so we all can see the username of the person who gave us rep?

Someone gave me rep for this post saying "You can", but I have no idea who it was because I can't see the username of the person who left rep :(

Here's what the latest entry looks like in my User CP, notice no username:

Untitled-1.jpg

Can only admins/mods see the usernames? The rest of us can't seem to (so far Shawn, Andy, myself, etc. have reported that we can't).

I even tried using the official vB theme, but it was the same.

Can only admins/mods see the usernames? The rest of us can't seem to (so far Shawn, Andy, myself, etc. have reported that we can't).
Yes, only admins/mods can see the usernames of who gave rep. I'm all for having that changed so everyone can see the usernames.

If you can't see anything at all, I think its because you haven't been given any rep (positive or negative) from anyone. So sit tight and maybe someone will give you some...

Yes, only admins/mods can see the usernames of who gave rep. I'm all for having that changed so everyone can see the usernames.

That would be cool indeed. I think then people would use it more responsibly if they knew it wasn't anonymous.

That would be cool indeed. I think then people would use it more responsibly if they knew it wasn't anonymous.
Agreed.

If it stays anonymous, I just hope the negative reputation feature doesn't become a substitute for members 'getting out there' and POSTING their displeasure at another members posts. Because then it becomes all weak when people shield themselves behind the anonymity of this feature.

Oh and all this talk of reps sounds like Grand Theft Auto :lol: We need some territories also 8)

Boo! I'm a moderator, and I didn't get it! Probably only for Global Moderators... :(

Edit: Haha, just noticed the little blurbs you get when you hover over the green/red blobs! "october can only hope to improve."

Status
Not open for further replies.