• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

Using BitTorrent clients on wireless network?

maq

Car(s)
1984 Schwin Madison
Is it true that BitTorrent clients do not work with wireless at all? I'm visiting the gf, and neither ABC nor BitComet seem to work with her wireless connection. A friend told me they simply don't work with wireless, there's no way around it.

I'd hate to wait for a week to watch the new episodes. Can anyone please shed some light? Thanks in advance!

I use wireless internet, and by BitTorrent client (Azureus 2.3.0.6) works fine. Maybe your gf's router has filters enabled, and you can't log on to her network?

or the router has the ports turned off. see if either you can turn on UPnP or open a port for you to use.

Thanks for the replies guys.

However, it's the free wireless internet that her apt complex provides, each building has a router. So I have no control of it. Do I still have a chance here?

I use BT over my wireless connection... however I did have to configure the router to open specific ports for the BT client. That could be your problem. If it is, I can't think of any way that you'd be able to fix it, but I'm not that knowledgeable on the subject, so maybe someone else will be able to help. Good luck.

flamingice said:
I use BT over my wireless connection... however I did have to configure the router to open specific ports for the BT client. That could be your problem. If it is, I can't think of any way that you'd be able to fix it, but I'm not that knowledgeable on the subject, so maybe someone else will be able to help. Good luck.

How do you do this?

Urban Sombrero said:
flamingice said:

How do you do this?

Check this site out:
http://portforward.com/

jeffy777 said:
Urban Sombrero said:
flamingice said:

How do you do this?

Check this site out:
http://portforward.com/

It's all greek to me. I went to the help section on setting up my router and looked under Linksys and it doesn't have my model number. The BEF and WAG and WRT but mine says WUS. I don't get this Bit Torrent stuff at all.

I'm running Windows ME :(

Well, if you want to get the most out of BT with your router, you need to begin by setting up a Static IP address:
http://portforward.com/networking/staticip.htm

Follow the instructions, it's really very easy. That site pretty much holds your hand right through the process, with screenshots and everything, but If you need help, post back :)

I'm not sure. I've been reading and asking on other forums and I came back here and read some new posts and it's like you guys are talking in another language. I try jeffy's new link though...

EDIT: ok seems jeffy's link works for ME too

I just want to download the Top Gear episodes as fast as possible, any walkthroughs would be great..

My computer didn't give me an IP address...

Urban Sombrero said:
I'm not sure. I've been reading and asking on other forums and I came back here and read some new posts and it's like you guys are talking in another language. I try jeffy's new link though...

I just want to download the Top Gear episodes as fast as possible, any walkthroughs would be great..

When you tyoed ipconfig/all at the command prompt?

jeffy777 said:
Urban Sombrero said:

When you tyoed ipconfig/all at the command prompt?

Ya. Gave me 0.0.0.0