using Top gear language in everyday conversations

i've started using "biblically good" now

that ice cream was biblically good!

Evo7 said:
I find myself talking to people a bit like James, which is embarrassing when your talking like a 42 year old when in fact your a 15 year old girl. :blush:

Have you applied to Renesis about your "Not a Dude" title?

cookie720 said:
how did you get on tv?

I'm sure nobody here saw it, but I was on Daily Planet about a year and a half ago. I was in a national robotics competition and they did a feature on my robot and my friend's robot. The competition was to build a self-guided robot that would skate on ice the fastest.

bahnstormer said:

haha :lol:
I think am the only one who isn't affected by top gear in my daily life, except in car choices.

bahnstormer said:

I do that too, insert a lot of "Clarksonish" adjectives into everyday speech. Also, after watching this show so much I started talking to myself, and every so often to others, in a British accent which drives my girlfriend nuts.

I think it really hit me how much TG affected my everyday lingo when someone asked me about my public speaking proffessor in college. I said "Some say, he eats as much as he sweats. Others say his smell is used to repel sharks. All I know is he's a dick...."

No Boss said:
bahnstormer said:

I do that too, insert a lot of "Clarksonish" adjectives into everyday speech. Also, after watching this show so much I started talking to myself, and every so often to others, in a British accent which drives my girlfriend nuts.

I think it really hit me how much TG affected my everyday lingo when someone asked me about my public speaking proffessor in college. I said "Some say, he eats as much as he sweats. Others say his smell is used to repel sharks. All I know is he's a dick...."

haha :lol: thats good!

BerserkerCatSplat said:
cookie720 said:
how did you get on tv?

I'm sure nobody here saw it, but I was on Daily Planet about a year and a half ago. I was in a national robotics competition and they did a feature on my robot and my friend's robot. The competition was to build a self-guided robot that would skate on ice the fastest.

i'd love to have seen that!

did you make a complete home made robot? with software and shit? or just kitchen equipment rebuilt to sth which crawls along on ice?

"I do that too, insert a lot of "Clarksonish" adjectives into everyday speech. Also, after watching this show so much I started talking to myself, and every so often to others, in a British accent which drives my girlfriend nuts.

HAHAHA
lol i think im one of the few who hasnt caught up to the TG phrases, etc.

You guys are hard core Fans.

CanadianLoonie said:
Have you applied to Renesis about your "Not a Dude" title?

Nah. I read somewhere here it's best not to ask and just wait until you get it.

not if you're a girl, they have to stand out ;)

REEEEN!!!

Yeah, Ren is almost always nice to girls ;) (except TGG)

Im still scared though. Especially after those pics he posted :lol:

Im sorry Ren, only joking :p

I definitely talk a lot more like Jeremy, but my friends don't get it because they have never heard of Top Gear.

Urban Sombrero said:
I definitely talk a lot more like Jeremy, but my friends don't get it because they have never heard of Top Gear.

Same here, everyonce and a while I'll take my laptop to one of their apartments and show them some episodes. They get into it, but get frustrated when they don't understand some of the phrases.

Like when Jeremy made fun of the Vettes suspension and said it resembled a "Silvercross Pram"....... they had no idea.

whoster said:
i say oh cock a lot actually..

same

i tend to talk about cars like the do on TG all the time, boot bonnet, coup-eh ect... i also talk like mr. may often :p

A Friend of mine wants an small coupe, but can't decide between a used s2k or a new mX5. I told him exactly what Jezzer and Hammond said. He laughed at me :thumbsdown: . I hope he gets the s2k tho.

BerserkerCatSplat said:
cookie720 said:
how did you get on tv?

http://img346.imageshack.**/img346/9809/flyby4bw.jpg

Daily Planet is a daily science and technology show on Canadian Discovery channel :)

bone said:
BerserkerCatSplat said:
cookie720 said:
how did you get on tv?

i'd love to have seen that!

did you make a complete home made robot? with software and shit? or just kitchen equipment rebuilt to sth which crawls along on ice?

Well, it started off as our first-year Engineering project, so to level the playing field they made us use nothing but Lego Mindstorms kits. Sounds limited, but it's not a bad system and I reflashed the computer to accept a far more flexible programming environment (BrickOS). It used sensors I designed to steer itself, all automatic within the programming - no remote controls allowed.

We then used that robot in the national skate-bot challenge, since we did so well as the university competition. We did very well, winning the race by a rather huge margin, but came in second place becuase the judges didn't like our "skating motion." However, the guy who started the competition and ran the whole thing told us afterwards that ours was by far the best.

The greatest part was that our robot was by far the fastest in the competition, even though it was made of Lego and a few bits of metal. In fact, it completely thrashed the $6,000 robot that Queens University graduate students built as their graduate project.

http://img346.imageshack.**/img346/9809/flyby4bw.jpg

Oh, noooooooooo! My secret identity has been found out! :lol:

i thnk i saw that show! cool :thumbsup: