USPS Chooses Oshkosh Defense to replace Grumman mail-delivery trucks...

Is this the ugliest vehicle ever produced?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Talk of some insider trading before the deal....

Insider trading prior to revealing government contracts?! Perish the thought!

corruption-corruption-everywhere.jpg

I find purpose-built vehicles like this fascinating.

I work next door to a small waste management company and they run a fleet of bog-standard Scania P series trucks. Their drivers have to climb down from the cab and then up again countless times per day. We use them as well and I've seen their trucks, with the worn steps under the drivers door. I wonder how many pairs of work shoes you have to go through to wear the steel steps down.

A purpose-built garbage truck like this Mercedes Econic would probably be a huge improvement for the employees. Pneumatic door and no stupid ladder to climb.

1615728618439.png

Here the driver typically stays in the truck for residential pickup. Either they have the hydraulic arm that dumps the cans directly into the hopper or there's a couple guys hanging off the back of the truck picking the cans up and dumping them into the back to be compacted.

They started doing the hydraulic arm grabby thing a few years back, it used to be one guy who would drive, get out and dump the trash in. Now that towns have been standardized on the can types, I assume the arm thing is easier.

Going to the contract sketchiness, that just seem to be the deal with government contracts. Politician wants Project to be done, the company is friends Politician and gets the contract, not because his company does good work, but because friends help friends.

This thing even made the news threshold in Finland.

17B0FE9E-CBFF-401D-9FC0-4C16DC9002C8.jpeg

I did a quick photoshop but then forgot to click save...bus changing the whole front grill piece to black actually helped quite a bit. It still looks dumb, but better.

it looks grumpy.

It looks like what a cartoonist would draw but someone took it seriously. I like it.

Kudos for having the balls to make it as ugly as it was in the original pictures. I like the way it's somehow even more out of proportion than Postman Pat's van.

1642684625584.png

Very appropriate that they look alike.

It looks like what a cartoonist would draw but someone took it seriously. I like it.
this 100%. I thought looks like straight from a pixar movie. try google image search for pixar mail truck - you'll find endless pictures of this POS...

To be fair, cheese is delicious.