uTorrent RSS Feed Guide

Clegko

DONOR
Car(s)
2016 Chevy Colorado, 1968 Mercury Monterey
For you Mac nerds out there, there is Automatic. It simply downloads the torrent files into a specified folder, and you have to manually point your torrent client of choice to automatically add the downloaded torrent files to the Queue. Works like a charm for me.

Example: Using Automatic + Transmission BT Client, this is how I have it setup.

Last edited:

dk75

and for the Penguins there is a FlexGet "config.yml" script:
Code:
feeds:
  Top Gear:
    rss:
      url: "http://feeds.feedburner.com/finalgeartorrents"
      ascii: true
    series:
      - top gear
    download: ~/.rtorrent/watch/
and there is part for HD content (not to actual at the moment):
Code:
  Top Gear BTChat:
    rss:
      url: http://rss.bt-chat.com/?group=229
      ascii: true
    regexp:
      reject:
        - russia
        - australia
        - avi
        - fifth gear
    series:
      - top gear:
          quality: 720p
      - special:
          min_quality: 720p
    download: ~/.rtorrent/watch/

L2D

Car(s)
1999 Toyota Camry V6
Is there a way to make it only download the 720p version when it comes out?

IceBone

Blue Wheel Hipster
DONOR
Car(s)
Audi A5 Quattro
Depends on what program you're using, but basically you just have to add 720p to the regex.

laxmax613

Car(s)
Merkavim Mars
in the guide it references a mac app called Automatic, which lines up and downloads the files from the RSS. i looked it up, and it's $19.99. i was wondering whether there was another app which accomplished the same task for free.

Viper007Bond

Chicken Nugget Connoisseur
STAFF MEMBER
Car(s)
2008 Dodge Viper, 2006 MB CLS55 AMG
in the guide it references a mac app called Automatic, which lines up and downloads the files from the RSS. i looked it up, and it's $19.99. i was wondering whether there was another app which accomplished the same task for free.
Oh, gotcha. uTorrent for Mac maybe? Not sure.

Ferrari_Freak

Car(s)
Specialized Allez Elite :)
Hey Viper I think you should mention this thread on the main page so people don't rape the server constantly refreshing. I'm betting over 90% of the people don't know that you can get RSS feeds for the torrents so it'd help take a fair bit of load off the server if they could just get the torrent directly through their client.

Viper007Bond

Chicken Nugget Connoisseur
STAFF MEMBER
Car(s)
2008 Dodge Viper, 2006 MB CLS55 AMG
Hey Viper I think you should mention this thread on the main page so people don't rape the server constantly refreshing. I'm betting over 90% of the people don't know that you can get RSS feeds for the torrents so it'd help take a fair bit of load off the server if they could just get the torrent directly through their client.
Server load isn't an issue. :)

titanium88

Car(s)
2008 VW R32
+2. Having an RSS feed for the HD versions of Top Gear would be amazing. Then I can have all the latest ones to watch in shiny HD goodness when I get back from vacation :)

kizzav

+3 to a HD RSS feed. The time difference between the UK/US isn't kind to us Aussies who have to manually queue it up at about 8-9am Monday morning.

Dungogvolts

Car(s)
2011 Mitsubishi SX Lancer
Hi everyone, I hope someone can help me with setting up RSS feeds using uTorrent version 2.0.4 to download Top Gear America & Britain. I have followed the example given at the start of this thread and because I am using a newer version it is a little different but manage to get it all set up. So the problem I have is that does not download the current ep of TGA even tho its there when I click on the set up rss bit on the left of screen. I then right click on it in the main window and select download only to get a window that says ?unable to load TGA S01E02 ect : invalid torrent file! What am I doing wrong? It sounds so easy but I cant get it to work.
PS If I knew how to add a screen shot I would.

Thanks everyone.

Dygear

Car(s)
1992 Ford Mustang LX
+3 to a HD RSS feed. The time difference between the UK/US isn't kind to us Aussies who have to manually queue it up at about 8-9am Monday morning.
+4 for a HD RSS feed. Come on Viper, don't make me get out the wip!