• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

V70R AWD

ATsucks

Okay, so as some of you know, I recently made the call to forget all about the Honda S2000 and go for a recently use Volvo C70 Coupe'. Having been looking around for one, I've now started looking at the V70R AWD also which is basically the same car but with 2 more doors and AWD, which in my experience is a HUGE plus over FWD, and I think I've falled inlove with it.

Anywho, so I'm back to chosing between the C70 and V70R, but thats not what this thread is about. I just wanted to share these :mrgreen:

saffron1.jpg

bild5.jpg

saffron2.jpg

bild2.jpg

bil2.jpg

P1010079swe1.jpg

P1010087sww3.jpg

P1010083sww2.jpg

Hhmmm talking about the RS 4 Avant got us talking about sleeper wagons and I think we forgot about this beast :mrgreen:

Is the V70 the same model thats in Andy's pic?

Uhh yeh man, get this over the C70. C70 would pick chicks up thats for sure but AWD is much better...who needs girls anyway when you got this :lol:

Okay, point taken, but I dont think women when they see this car in either Saffron or Laser Blue, are going that its just any wagon, they're gonna think, hmm, thats a SPECIAL wagon

ATsucks said:
Okay, point taken, but I dont think women when they see this car in either Saffron or Laser Blue, are going that its just any wagon, they're gonna think, hmm, thats a SPECIAL wagon
Uhh ok yeh rite whatever, I can see that happening, good luck! :lol:
"Wow look at that Saffron coloured Volvo, I must go out with the guy behind the wheel"

lol sorry can't help ma' self :roll:

^ :lmao:

Nice car btw

I seriously dislike the design, especially with these horrid rims. The C70 looked much cleaner and better shaped. I also don't think AWD makes that much of a difference, since both will understeer like hell. Also you should remember that AWD costs a lot of power and fuel economy.

SL65 you are really pathetic if you chose your car based on a "chick magnet rating". :no:

If you have to rely on a car to pick up some girls, that makes you UBER UNCOOL no matter what you drive. If you can't pick up chicks otherwise, a car won't help you, and will make you look like a big idiot thinking it can. :)

SL65AMG~V12~604BHP!!!!!!! said:
ATsucks said:
Uhh ok yeh rite whatever, I can see that happening, good luck! :lol:
"Wow look at that Saffron coloured Volvo, I must go out with the guy behind the wheel"

lol sorry can't help ma' self :roll:

I've never had a problem picking up girls even when I used to drive my dads old 850 wagon. Even had the cutest girl from Nicaragua admire that I had one of them and we went out almsot because of it, so I'm not sure where you're coming from with your inclinations. What kind of girls were you meeting to not wanna date you unless you had an AMG badge on the trunk?!?

1/2 minute worth of perfecting my statement ;)

i love the idea of being able to throw all my shit in the back of a wagon then tearing the road up... definitely get the wagon.

btw my mom wants a c70 and shes a 50 year old lady

Who needs to worry about picking up chicks? When you do, you've got all that room back there! :wicked:

Sorry, I just had to.

Never knew they made a V70R that year, though. Looks amazing in blue; if the C70 was a sleeper, this is even more so. Would that make it...comatose? Not that I'm implying anything... :p

Wasn't that only sold as an S70R sedan in Europe? I thought the V70R from that generation only went to north america.

The only real problem with that car is the first-generation AWD system. The later Haldex is a lot stronger --- the Bugatti Veyron uses it --- but those early ones could be trouble. If you don't mind fixing your center diff every few years, I say go for it. :D

You live in Netherland, right? I thought the fuel was expensive over there too :)

Anyway, the rims on that first picture are awful. Really. The blue V70's are much better.

pretty nice... but I still like the front of the 850R better... seems more agressive :D... and I believe its pretty rare compared to the V70R

Saffron V70R for teh win!!!

BlaRo said:
Who needs to worry about picking up chicks? When you do, you've got all that room back there! :wicked:

Sorry, I just had to.

LOL: So that's what that smilie is for!

If you are interested in my opinion read the small text, Volvo fanboys you have been warned!

I personally hate Volvos. They are stupid boxes. People who buy Volvos are middle aged men and after they bought their Volvo (station wagon model off course to make it even more uncool, does Volvo actually make other type of cars?), they drive like they own the streets and generally think "Look, I have good car". That's annoying becuase a) everyone else has a Volvo too b) Volvos are boring and generally not cool. So my advice to everyone is: buy a cool car instead wasting your money in Volvos