V8 Supercar Dream Team Competition On Sportal

flyingfridge

Car(s)
Nissan Skyline GT-R V-Spec, VW Passat 118TSI
Here's a bit of fun we can have as we follow the V8's throughout this season.

http://v8dreamteam.sportal.com.au

You make a dream team of teams and drivers according to a salary cap, and score points for how successful your team is.

Last edited:
On registration, you need a Private League Code. Can you post it please.

If you don't want to post it here, please pm me and probably the others. :)

done, i missed that code when i was setting it up b4

Better to PM it, that way it's only proper Final Gear members then :)

Edit: Thanks Mate!!

sweet as, I am signing up. Ill join the league

Maybe if you PM flyingfridge expressing interest, then he can send you the code when its convienient for him.

I'm in - What the hell :)

Anyone going to do one for the F1 season when it opens up?

Cool, I'm in. 8)

Under each League, there's an area where we can post comments (manager's box). Should we use that, or this forum?
I think I'd prefer this forum, since I get email msgs when someone posts.

Well, my tips that round sucked mostly. They're a bit slow updating on sportal (nearly 24 hours now, WTF?) so here's my results:

Skaife: 21
McConville: 3
Davison: 13
Murphy: 16

Drivers Total: 53

Tasman: 22
Tasman: 22
Stone Brothers: 92
HRT: 87

Teams Total: 223

TOTAL: 276

Last edited:
They're a bit slow updating on sportal (nearly 24 hours now, WTF?)

Yeah, I read that both the V8SC Tipping and these at Sportal wait till Thursday until all points are confirmed (if teams protest etc.). But the Official V8 tipping is stupid. You can pick the top 5 (without any Budget restrictions). So I could pick all top 5 correctly, but if they're in the wrong order I get 0 points. I picked 1-2 of the top 5 in each race this weekend, but I still get 0 points except for the points I get for competing. :mad:

I did alright with Sportal, but Lowndes let me down. :(
Courtney did amazingly well for what I paid for him. And Johnson saved my team scores :D (the Jones from my Team BOC only got 2 points all weekend).

P.S. Did anyone else see that the fastest Lap per Race gets 40points as well? I only just read that. I'll get 80 points with Courtney's 2 fastest Laps.
But it's confusing that the Official Points are so different to the Sportal Tipping points (i.e. 1 Point all the way up to last place, but Officially it's 0 points from 16th onwards).

Drivers:
Lowndes: 48
Courtney: 146
Skaife: 42
Murphy: 41
Sub-Total: 277

Teams:
Team BOC: 2
Tasman: 38
Brite: 22
DJR: 52
Sub-Total: 114

2xFastest Lap: 80
Total: 471
:)

EDIT: P.S. flyingfridge, I just noticed how different our points are (I had Tasman & Murphy as well). Did you take the points from the Sportal Points Table (under Help, Points system), or are they the Official points?

Last edited:
EDIT: P.S. flyingfridge, I just noticed how different our points are (I had Tasman & Murphy as well). Did you take the points from the Sportal Points Table (under Help, Points system), or are they the Official points?

ah shit, i don't know what i worked out now, but its wrong. I think yours is wrong too though tom. I can't be arsed figuring it out again, i'll just wait for the results to come through