V8 Vantage Roadster

jakifirbec

Car(s)
i40, CBF 1000, Majesty 400
As far as astons are concerned i'd always take the hardtop. They just look more complete for me.

marcos_eirik

Car(s)
Mostly my feet, occasionally a Tesla
Janus said:
Which bring me to my next point, when the hell are they going to release the automatic gearbox version so they can deliver my coupe! :x
Well, here you go then...
Aston Martin chose Paris to launch their new "Automated Manual" Transmission for the V8 Vantage. It's called the "Sportshift".
Source...

Janus

marcos_eirik said:
Janus said:
Which bring me to my next point, when the hell are they going to release the automatic gearbox version so they can deliver my coupe! :x
Aston Martin chose Paris to launch their new "Automated Manual" Transmission for the V8 Vantage. It's called the "Sportshift".
Source...

Yeah! About time. I just hope they do it right....unlike the Vanquish, but the DB9 was quite good.

Blind_Io

"Be The Match" Registered
Car(s)
06 XTerra, '00 VFR800, '07 ST1300, '11 Multistrada
No! Death to flappy paddle gearboxes!

hajj

Janus said:
marcos_eirik said:
Janus said:
Source...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v158/Marcoscars4life/Div/aston-paddle-steamer-L.jpg
Yeah! About time. I just hope they do it right....unlike the Vanquish, but the DB9 was quite good.
This really sounds like this is the same system as the Vanquish gear box. The DB9 has an auto-box, but this is really a manual.

No Boss

Neener, neener, I banned your title!
Car(s)
'07 Volvo XC70 Polestar, '01 Miata SE
hajj said:
Janus said:
marcos_eirik said:
Janus said:
Source...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v158/Marcoscars4life/Div/aston-paddle-steamer-L.jpg
This really sounds like this is the same system as the Vanquish gear box. The DB9 has an auto-box, but this is really a manual.
My first thought too. As JC said, the reason the Vanquish's gearbox is worse than DB9 is becuase it's really a manual glued onto the flappy paddles. Whilst the DB9's is just and auto glued on.

I'm afraid this might be the same as the Vanquishes.

un-dee

I hate your sig!
Car(s)
Golf IV 2.0
Automated manuals suck. They're so pointless, just there for the Schumacher-effect of using these stupid paddles. The only one thats slightly good is the DSG.

watto

Unloved and lacking a title
Car(s)
2013 Holden Cruze SRi Series 2
It would look much better with a metal folding roof... but even then, the coup? would be so much sexier.