Vancouver Olympics Games thread

OMG WTF....REALLY...COME ON...they really have to be kidding...this is probably the worst lineup of musicians of ALL TIME. Minus Alanis...she actually has talent.

toque-wearing canoeists

Portageurs, actually. I don't imagine it's a parts of Canadiana well known outside of Canada, esentially it was just a token inclusion of french-canadian culture because of francophones being upset over the lack of french content in the opening ceremony. It's stupid though because the ceremonies are for the whole world, not just the host nation, and the default international language is english... and native french speaking canadians represent like 12% of the population so the french content of the opening ceremony was pretty much representative of the amount of french actually spoken in Canada.

Nickleback, Simple Plan, Avril Lavigne, Hedley?????? WTF is this shit!
I swear the organizer let his 10 year old daughter pick the music...

You mixed up 1 and 2, the FIFA World Cup final 2006 drew 715 million viewers, Formula One over the whole season attract roughly 600 million. Both figures are according to official sources (FIFA/FIA). I've not checked the rest of your list but I will not dispute that the Olymic Ice hockey final is popular.

Well, I can see how I was initially unclear, but my intentions with my first post and the ensuing list were my personal opinion about what I like to watch.

Do even Canadians like Nickelback?

Do even Canadians like Nickelback?

I almost put my remote through my $2500 TV when they came on. I'll leave it at that.

Well the Olympics proved a few things. Canadians did a fine job in the sports, but whoever picked that setlist is deaf.

NBC is showing the, ahem, concert.

I think "utter shit" is too kind to describe what I'm hearing.

When NBC promoted the closing ceremony by saying music's definition of epic fail (Nickleback) was performing, I made my mind up and said "I'm not watching."

I don't feel sorry for anyone who willingly put themselves through that pain.

Damn, it's over...the party's over...:cry:

Let me add one more thing.

Earlier, I ripped Vancouver for some of the shit of the opening few days. I officially retract most of those statements. The Games were much better the final week to 10 days.

I can't excuse the sliding track for the luger's death, but everything else I formally take back.

Very nice of the Canadians to let the US team score that goal in the last minute. That way I at least got home just in time to watch the overtime. :)

Seriously Canada............ after we were routing for you guys in the hockey and all.......... you do this to us?????

http://img3.imageshack.**/img3/1917/northug.jpg

BTW: worst seremony ending ever :zzz:

Yeah, I was about to post that... Anyway, this is in better quality...

KWQJR0J0sw23EHFnRYo9VAdtX8ptxjbZHMHd4FED1uzQ.jpg

Apparently Johan Olsson is Norwegian, and got the gold, and Petter Northug is Swedish and got the bronze... Major graphics FAIL

No. There is no such continent as America. Canadians are North Americans. Americans are from USA.

Oh, I see. And I always thought it was kinda like

Genus: American
Species: Canadian

or so...

:p

Yeah, I was about to post that... Anyway, this is in better quality...

KWQJR0J0sw23EHFnRYo9VAdtX8ptxjbZHMHd4FED1uzQ.jpg

Apparently Johan Olsson is Norwegian, and got the gold, and Petter Northug is Swedish and got the bronze... Major graphics FAIL

Haaaaahaha!

Recent news have uncovered the real tv-producers of the 2010 Olymypic Games :canadian: :canadian:

I was wondering what happened with that podium, for some reason we didn't see it, they cut to commercials because they know we don't care about cross country or something. :p