Vancouver Olympics Games thread

First 2010 olympic medal for Czech republic is gold. Yay!
Martina Sablikova @ Ladies' Speed Skating - 3000m :clap:

She blitzed that race. Her endurance is amazing.

Groves winning the Bronze in the 3000 was a real treat. That's not even her real event, really proud of her.

Going back to the womens moguls: How classy was Kristi Richards? I was so disappointed when she crashed, but then she gets back up, looks at the crowd, and then pulls off that huge aerial. That girl's awesome.

Am I the only one not upset by Kearney's comments? Besides, who actually reads the Everett Herald?! I live and work right next to Everett and I never pick it up.

It's always possible that she was making a joke that would have made sense in context, it was the last sentence that sounded bad to me in print.

I think it's an AP quote, I believe I saw it a few other places.

EDIT: meh....

Last edited:
Groves winning the Bronze in the 3000 was a real treat. That's not even her real event, really proud of her.

Going back to the womens moguls: How classy was Kristi Richards? I was so disappointed when she crashed, but then she gets back up, looks at the crowd, and then pulls off that huge aerial. That girl's awesome.

That was very cool to watch, good on her! :D

Men's Moguls: YES YES YES! FIRST GOLD AT HOME!

GOLD! Fuck you, Begg-Smith.

Congrats Canada, that was a sick nasty run.

What a good sport you are, not bitter at all. :rolleyes:

He brought the "bad guy" image on himself. Him turning his back on Canada after already competing for Canada is one thing, but refusal to acknowledge the country where you grew up is another. He flat out denies Canadian media (as well as most international media) any chance. You refuse to talk, you get the evil image. Sorry, but it's his fault, no one else.

And hopefully this opens up the doors for more golds for us.

I understand that but you don't need to act all butt-hurt about it. Just beating him is fuck you enough.

Not really. When act like, well, a douchebag towards the country where you grew up, there is going to be a lot of built up anger.

But we as a country also showed we are good sports, we cheered for him where in most places the "bad guy" would get boo'd.

Congrats to Canada. That was great to watch.

He brought the "bad guy" image on himself. Him turning his back on Canada after already competing for Canada is one thing, but refusal to acknowledge the country where you grew up is another. He flat out denies Canadian media (as well as most international media) any chance. You refuse to talk, you get the evil image. Sorry, but it's his fault, no one else.

And hopefully this opens up the doors for more golds for us.

What did it for me was him talking to some Aussie media and when asked "How does it feel to be back home?" he said "this is not home." Yeah, you're a real cool guy, robot man.

Also, waiting to watch Davison and Dub? do their short program, they're next up.

Last edited:
Oh there is no doubt he is an asshole. His business is basically popup ads, and spyware. Thats one of the reasons he doesn't like talking to the media and avoids scrutiny.

Not really. When act like, well, a douchebag towards the country where you grew up, there is going to be a lot of built up anger.

But we as a country also showed we are good sports, we cheered for him where in most places the "bad guy" would get boo'd.

It's ok he left for a better country :p

No one really like him here either.

Just watched Kearney and Bahrke receive their medals...boy I sure do love hearing "The Star-Spangled Banner" during the Olympics.