Vancouver Olympics Games thread

Canuck

Car(s)
2009 GTI
With the Olympic games starting this week I think it makes sense to have a thread dedicated to them. So post any and all Olympic sporting news or thoughts here.

Canada's taking the lead in medals this year, I'm calling it now.

I love the Olympics, well I pretty much love every sport. My medal prediction goes:
1. Germany
2. Canada
3. USA

Edit: I :heart: US downhill skier Lindsey Vonn.

lindsey_vonn_6.jpg

Last edited:
The Winter Olympics is something I will watch nearly all the events, the exception being the Figure Skating which is crap*.

The Alpine skiing events are top of my list with the Men?s Downhill and the SuperG as my top picks. :cool:

* see Clock's pic below *

ADDED: Oh, and the Womens Downhill v too. :heart:

I love the Olympics, well I pretty much love every sport. My medal prediction goes:
1. Germany
2. Canada
3. USA

Edit: I :heart: US downhill skier Lindsey Vonn.

lindsey_vonn_6.jpg

But I?ll watch pretty much everything else time permitting and be posting my comments here. :)

Note: The last summer games I didn?t watch at all, but normally I?d only watch the Track & Field area events anyway.

BBC Sport Winter Olympics ? Events Schedule & other stuff

*Would only improve if the women went commando. :wicked:

Ah yes, the one time every 4 years where Americans have an excuse to watch curling.

Kidding aside, I'm not has excited as I normally am for an Olympics. I mean, outside of Vonn (and I'll save all the NSFW lines I could make about her), there's not a lot I'm looking forward to. But I'll still be watching.

Unfortunately, NBC has decided to tape delay for the west. Another stupid decision from the peaCOCK.

Three hour drive? Fuck that; I'm staying home. :p

I can't wait! I love the Olympics. I've always wanted to do skeleton.

http://img136.imageshack.**/img136/4053/teamcanadalarge.jpg

You know it.

The only thing I'm not going to watch (unless I absolutely have to) is cross country skiing. The only thing worse is cylcing and running in the summer olympics. I will be watching curling, well, men's curling at least. Men's curling is awesome (FUCKING KILL THOSE STONES!!!!!!!!), women's curling kinda sucks. I'm excited aboot the games.

Norway will most likely completely dominate the male side of cross-country skiing and biathlon. Dunno about the other stuff.

Britain will dominate ... erm ... going down hill on a tea tray maybe.

The U.K. is pretty good at going down hill.

:drums:

Norway will most likely completely dominate the male side of cross-country skiing and biathlon. Dunno about the other stuff.

Well when you have someone like Ole Einar Bj?rndalen it's almost like cheating:lol:. I think Norway will take the gold in two or these three (10k, 12.5k, or 15k) I'm not too sure about the 20k in which they might not even medal. As for the women's side look for Germany to dominate. As for cross country skiing, I don't really see one country dominate. Yeah Norway might haul away the most medals, but it will be far from dominating.

Fearless predictions: The US men sweep the snowboard half pipe and the most successful group from one country will be US speedskaters.

Last edited:
Fearless predictions: The US men sweep the snowboard half pipe and the most successful group from one country will be US speedskaters.

You forget that the Canadians have home-ice advantage in that they've been practicing on this oval since it opened, not too mention we've done pretty well in short track in recent years. Also the track is very different from others because of it's low elevation (@ sea level), which makes it very sticky and difficult for taller skaters (aka the americans) to get the most out of their strides.

Yeah, but the US speedskating team has the power of Colbert on their side. Colbert bump!

go canada

Haha this is true.

The event I'm probably looking forward to most is the freestyle moguls. It's an awesome combination of intense moguls skills and awesome aerial tricks, not too mention world champion Jenn Heil is pretty cute.

I'm more or less only in it for the Ice-hockey! :D

^Nah, Finland won't stand a chance this year.. Neither will Sweden I'm afraid...