Vancouver Olympics Games thread

Moguls was a bit of a disappointment. I was hoping for a Heil gold.

I have to say Kearney had a better run than Heil but Kearney needs to work on her "guest manners"- a quote:

"I know Canada hasn't won a gold medal on their home turf, but I have a feeling they'll do it these games," Kearney said. "But I'm pleased that I could stop that for now." (everett herald)

That was rude, in my opinion. I was embarassed to read it. :mad:

The person who made the TV graphics should be shot (it's universal for all channels). You don't get to see the time differences between #1 and all the runners after.

Watching 10km sprint biathlon atm.

EDIT: Such great weather in Vancouver... :rolleyes: And Bj?rndalen had 3 miss on his first shooting. gg

EDIT2: 1 miss on 2nd shooting...

EDIT3: Seems like only the first 10 riders will have a chance on a medal cos the weather is so god awful.

Last edited:
Although I had read that CTV was going to block videos on their website for non-Canadians, I just had to test it for myself. Sure enough, it give you a message it can't load due to a temporary problem, and then tells you it's unavailable. Sigh.

I have to say Kearney had a better run than Heil but Kearney needs to work on her "guest manners"- a quote:

"I know Canada hasn't won a gold medal on their home turf, but I have a feeling they'll do it these games," Kearney said. "But I'm pleased that I could stop that for now." (everett herald)

Wow, that's seriously rude.

One thing from the moguls though, Dufour-Lapointe was too inexperienced to medal this year (she was fifth), but she's only 18 and already that good. She is going to blitz that event in 2014.

I'll agree with you completely there. I had started to like Kearney but that just killed it completely. I can't stand bad losers but i hate bad winners even more (Aside from Hammond in the Top Gear vs the Germans episode). Thats not going to win her fans with that attitude.

One thing from the moguls though, Dufour-Lapointe was too inexperienced to medal this year (she was fifth), but she's only 18 and already that good. She is going to blitz that event in 2014.

Very true, i was impressed with her run and definately one to watch in 2014.

Currently watching the womens ice hockey with the US vs China. first time i've really watched ice hockey and enjoying it immensely. To the point where i wished i had started watching this sport before.

Currently watching the womens ice hockey with the US vs China. first time i've really watched ice hockey and enjoying it immensely. To the point where i wished i had started watching this sport before.

Wiminz Ice-Hockey is boring.. :p Wait until the mens tournament starts! :D

Probably the most boring hockey game I've ever seen. :lol:

2 things, I loved the men's 1500m short track final. The Koreans reminded me of computer racers in games like NFS where their intent it to crash you and benefit the computer's number 1 car, but they just end up crashing themselves out.:lol:

Also new Olympic themed avatar...German lugers are funny.

Edit!: America wins their first medal in Nordic Combined and it's silver, but it was so close to being gold.

Last edited:
Am I the only one not upset by Kearney's comments? Besides, who actually reads the Everett Herald?! I live and work right next to Everett and I never pick it up.

Damn you Clockwerk. Haven't got Nordic Combined yet on the wonderful NBC tape delay (DEAR DICK EBERSOL: I LIVE NEXT TO VANCOUVER JUST GIVE ME A GOD DAMN LIVE FEED) and I was looking forward to the second half of nordic combined while I get ready for my V-Day festivities.

I apologize, how long is the tape delay? I will from this point forward temper my excitement for the appropriate amount of time.

Am I the only one not upset by Kearney's comments? Besides, who actually reads the Everett Herald?! I live and work right next to Everett and I never pick it up.

Damn you Clockwerk. Haven't got Nordic Combined yet on the wonderful NBC tape delay (DEAR DICK EBERSOL: I LIVE NEXT TO VANCOUVER JUST GIVE ME A GOD DAMN LIVE FEED) and I was looking forward to the second half of nordic combined while I get ready for my V-Day festivities.

Jason Lamy Chappuis won.

First 2010 olympic medal for Czech republic is gold. Yay!
Martina Sablikova @ Ladies' Speed Skating - 3000m :clap:

I apologize, how long is the tape delay? I will from this point forward temper my excitement for the appropriate amount of time.
We're getting intros on Nordic Combined right now, so no idea. Probably the standard 3 hour EST/PST delay? Thanks for the understanding. It's tough to go anywhere on the internet with this tape delay.
Jason Lamy Chappuis won.
:mad:

The best Norwegian recovered from 40. -> 9. just with the skiing part. Equals 1.5 minutes...

if people are going to start posting results of events. maybe its for the best if we all start using the
function so as to not annoy those who are having their viewings delayed. i know i'd be annoyed if i had a event i was looking forward to seeing being spoiled.