Vanquish's Pony project complete (V12 Mustang)

wooflepoof

WoofleDay
Car(s)
Genesis Sedan 3.8
i know there was a thread on this many moons ago but i think it was before they had finished.
http://img402.imageshack.**/img402/9124/vpengineol7.jpg
vp-interior.jpg

vpvegas1.jpg

http://www.wmsracing.com/wmsweb/vpproject.htm
EDIT: misspelt title (Vanquish'd)

as cool as the V12 mustang is... and it's cool i would still rather have that motor in a 240Z

Looks good, I want to see it in action.

I wonder if they did anything to the chassis?

So, it should also have the ?ber crappy vanquish flappy-paddle gearbox?
Well, that "?ber crappy flappy paddle gearbox" is the same six speed manual Tremec transaxle, as used in the Corvette.

It's the shifting electrics that are rather manky. (The system is electro/hydraulicly operated) Oddly enough those are made by the same italian company who deliver said electrics to Ferrari for their flappy paddle operating system, Magnetti Marelli...

It's cool, but I'd rather a supercharged V8 in there - mmm supercharger whine.

Very cool, but it has to be really nose heavy now.

Too bad they ruined it all with that pimptastic excuse for an interior.

Very good, but I think the Skyline engine would be better then there, the fast and the furious always know best.

as cool as the V12 mustang is... and it's cool i would still rather have that motor in a 240Z

Two "S20" engines welded together would be amazing, i mean one of those little i6 screamers is cool enough in a Z, arguably one of the most beautiful sounding Japanese engines in my opinion, but 2 would just be insane!!

Unless the V12 is somehow lighter, or they improved the weight distribution, then i can't see much light in a V12 mustang, besides appearence and engine sound. I mean the Cobra already has they ideal weight distribution, for a FWD car, so making it any worse is just retarded beyond belief. I'd rather someone figure out a way to shove the normal V8 a foot backwards into the firewall, then maybe the mustang could use its power.

Too bad they ruined it all with that pimptastic excuse for an interior.
Even if they just got rid of that crazy purple or whatever on the seats it would be infinitely better.

Ottobon said:
I'd rather someone figure out a way to shove the normal V8 a foot backwards into the firewall, then maybe the mustang could use its power.
It's got a decent 53/47 weight distribution.

It's got a decent 53/47 weight distribution.

Really? if thats true then i think its cool :p, I'm a sucker for good weight distribution!

I'm assuming your talking about the V12 stang, because I've seen from multiple sources that the Cobra is around 57/43, aka about the same a Mini Cooper

I'd rather have that motor in a 240 DL :p

Nice to see they got this project finished. Would definately go a different direction with the interior, but makes me wish I had the money for a project like that.

I always have this fantasy that some super rich guy will crash his Phaeton and give me the W12 just because he's rich and doesnt care. then theres no end to what i can stuff the (relatively small) thinginto. 1st choice is a Miata

lovely air filter and the racing seats, ugly rims tho...