Vanquish's Pony project complete (V12 Mustang)

I'd prefer that engine in an Aston. I can see all the work which went into it, but it's just a bit ugly and not my taste at all. He claimed his goal was too basically capture essence of the Aston, but not ruin the character of the car.

I don't know about anyone else, but I've never seen an Aston Martin with purple seats and a live rear axle.

only mustang id get.... if it was free :p

I always have this fantasy that some super rich guy will crash his Phaeton and give me the W12 just because he's rich and doesnt care. then theres no end to what i can stuff the (relatively small) thinginto. 1st choice is a Miata

says the man who thinks the V8 Vantage is too girly?

That looks absolutely stunning, awesome project as well. Not sure the V12 soundtrack would suit the mustang. Rather have some crazy 9,000rpm N/A V8. Best looking new gen mustang I have seen though.

They ruined it! They ripped the soul from the Mustang. You don't put anything other then a V8 in a Mustang! The v12 is going to be heavier, and just put more weight over the front axle making it understeer even worse than it already does.

If they wanted to improve the car they should have just tweaked the suspension for better traction like Roush did.

They ruined it! They ripped the soul from the Mustang. You don't put anything other then a V8 in a Mustang! The v12 is going to be heavier, and just put more weight over the front axle making it understeer even worse than it already does.

If they wanted to improve the car they should have just tweaked the suspension for better traction like Roush did.

I think they did for the hell of it rather than for performance purposes.

yes, cuz thats a fun and exciting project that'll turn plenty of heads.

1 "oh dude check out that new mustand project!"
2 "it looks the same"
1 "but they chnaged the suspension!"
2 ".....ok, well, did you hear bout that V8 911?"

says the man who thinks the V8 Vantage is too girly?

The Aston's a girly version of a car that already looks a bit girly.

Plus the miata was originally designed to house a V6 but they dropped the idea w/o changing the size of the engine bay so a V8 can fit n there with relatively little work, not to mention the car itself is dirt cheap and it is very moddable in other ways as well. You've a better idea?

I see what you did there...

I'm assuming your talking about the V12 stang, because I've seen from multiple sources that the Cobra is around 57/43, aka about the same a Mini Cooper
The 53/47 is actually for the plain old Mustang GT. I wonder how far you'd have to move the drivetrain to make that an even 50/50? Probably not even a foot :think:.

Love the looks, not sure on the driveability. It'd either understeer worse than before, or oversteer way too much.

And just because it has a live axle out back doesn't make it garbage.

This, completely stock 2007 GT Mustang was always near the top of the Autox leader board, Fastest time of the day was a 49.1 second run, Mustang did a 50.3 best. Beating out at least 2 of the three lotus Exige's :) Still think a Live axle can't make turns?

[YOUTUBE]HLOPNcWv9k4[/YOUTUBE]

Its cool, but when I think mustang I think V8 grunt and a lots of smoke. Doesn't take away from their achievement with such a neat looking conversion though.

I wonder if that V12 would fit in my friend's old 750......

Overall very clean and sleek conversion thing, but if they had an am v12 engine to use, why not make something completely mad..? I would have shoehorned the thing into a lotus 7 replica or something :) . It's ashame really, that they didnt go mad with it.

Overall very clean and sleek conversion thing, but if they had an am v12 engine to use, why not make something completely mad..? I would have shoehorned the thing into a lotus 7 replica or something :) . It's ashame really, that they didnt go mad with it.

same thoughts here

but a pretty cool project nonetheless