vBulletin 3.7.0

Viper007Bond

Chicken Nugget Connoisseur
STAFF MEMBER
Car(s)
2008 Dodge Viper, 2006 MB CLS55 AMG
Okay, the forums are running 3.7.0. You can find a list of new features here: http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=268833

Some stuff though I thought I'd point out that you may not immediately notice:

• Albums: I'm replacing the vBGarage with this. The Garage sucked and this is cool. Just create an album for each of your cars and then upload pictures. It should work nicely.
  • Profiles: vB 3.7.0 is a move towards a social community a little bit. People can now leave comments for you and such on your profile.
  • Profile Customization: You can use custom colors/fonts on your profile now.
  • User Creatable Groups: Yes, you can now create groups. One for Xbox perhaps? One for Ferraris? Up to you! PLEASE DON'T MAKE TEST GROUPS THOUGH!
  • Friends List: The friends list is greatly improved. If you wish to stop receiving e-mails, untick the box in your profile.

There's tons of other things, but those are some ones you might miss.

vBulletin 3.7.0 was released today. It contains tons of new awesome features.

However, I don't know how well this theme will work with the new features, so I may have to switch back to the default theme for a while. This isn't entirely a bad thing though as I've been wanting to remake this theme from scratch for a while now (it has some rather annoying bugs).

Just thought I'd let you all know that some mods may be disabled and the theme too over the next couple days (theme probably longer).

It'll be worth it though. The new features are really awesome.

Last edited:
Sounds good, just don't break it. :p

Most of the new features look nifty, but a few scare me:

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1450772#post1450772

We'll see how it goes. It's not like people view people's profiles every day. Plus, if they want to make them ugly, that's up to them I guess.

But if it becomes a problem, I can always disable customization. :)

I dunno, I kinda like that, but we'll see how it goes. Basically, they're user created groups -- no different from now.

vB 3.7.0 is a step in the direction of more of a community rather than just a forum.

Okay, upgraded. Let me know if you find anything that's broken or have any suggestions.

Customizing user profiles is currently disabled BTW.

the main forum site is sooo wide

also the Finalgear logo doesn't appear in Firefox tabs.

the main forum site is sooo wide

also the Finalgear logo doesn't appear in Firefox tabs.
The red/black/white theme was full width as well...

I never had to scroll from side to side before.

edit: its only in Firefox, its normal in Safari.

edit 2: its good in Firefox now, I'm done complaining.

Last edited:
vB 3.7.0 is a step in the direction of more of a community rather than just a forum.

That's good to hear. I have a forum for my family (using crappy old phpbb....I'm a cheap skate), and I added mods for that type of stuff because it actually makes the profile view more useful.

Added more things to the "cool list" in the OP. Check 'em out.

Wouldn't this be a great opportunity to get rid of the rep feature? :) Just tell them it's incompatible with something or the other...

LOL, just because you don't have a light green one...
It looks all weird, right now, because I got soo used to the old theme. Rest seems fine to me!

/edit: goddang, it takes some time to get used to that new theme...it feels like my eyes don't work properly. Funny how you get used to things.

Yeah, seems like a whole different site, nice for a change though :)

LOL, just because you don't have a light green one...
It looks all weird, right now, because I got soo used to the old theme. Rest seems fine to me!

Same to me - was just reading a post and one click later :blink:all new.

Of all the new things, the one I like the most is the "Report post" button. XDXD

hehe, that's been a vBulletin feature for a long time. Was it disabled in the other theme?