Vehicles that don't suck Pt 1...

Ezbok58a

Car(s)
Crown Victoria LX Sport
Considering I've already told you which vehicles you should avoid and why you should avoid them, now we move on to the vehicles I recommend you buy...if you wanted one or were in the market of course. I will be sticking to the vehicles we have at work, since not a lot if any here get a chance to drive them. Now on with the mayhem!

Audi R8
user1093_1159418707a.jpg

You're probably thinking 'WTF? He just bashed this pile of aluminum in his last post, now he's recommending it? Is he on crack?' The answer is no, I am not, and I was bashing the 'Autostick' R8. However I'm saying the 6spd manual is a much better car, much better daily driver than the autostick. Drive it all day in Manhattan traffic and you'll never stall or snap your neck. A definite buy if you have a spare 121K laying around.

Audi A4/S4/A4 Avant/S4 Avant
06_Audi_A4Avant_19.jpg

10890_SGEFIMPUNJUZY.jpg

Killing two birds with one stone here, as this list is going to be very, very long. The A4 is a excellent small car, providing great power in a small fun package. Things get better when you go for the S4 option. The already powerful 2.0T is replaced with a 4.2l V8 making 350hp, bolted to a 6spd manual the car becomes a little missle on wheels, not to mention the sleeper effect if you get one without the S-line package or get the Avant version for the ultimate Sleeper...

Audi RS4
audi-rs4-s2b.jpg

No sleeper effect here, this bad boy takes the same 4.2l V8 from the R8 and slaps it between the front fenders, the result is 425hp in a very, very light car. Push in the 'S' button to engage Sport mode, which quicken's throttle response and makes the car sound very very angry... just don't expect A4 gas mileage from it ;)

Audi Q7
audi_q7_4070.jpg

Same chassis as the Touareg, but at least 5 times better overall, except in the looks department. The Q7 is powerful with either the 3.6 V6 or even more powerful with the 4.2l V8. The suspension is tuned right, unlike the touareg and the Navigation is one of the best out there. Just don't put anyone over 5'9" in the third row and you're golden...

Mitsubishi Galant RalliArt
mitsubishi-galant-ralliart-993.jpg

Man is this thing a blast to drive! Lots of power, lots of comfort and everything is put together exceptionally well inside. If you get on it from a stand still, you will cook the tires till it hits second (and a chirp is in order when it goes from 2nd to 3rd :up: ) a very surprising car. And a highly recommended one at that.

Mitsubishi Outlander
2007-mitsubishi-outlander.jpg

Another surprise from those crazy japs. Fun to drive, great looking, and has more than enough power to get out of it's own way. Navigation system is also very good, as long as you know exactly where you're going...

Honda Accord/V6/Hybrid/Accord Coupe
14c98d6e4046385c0064b5abc77ed41c.jpg

2007_Accord_hybrid_rear_3-4_far.JPG

07accordcoupe_asm.jpg

Sure it looks like a jelly bean, but man is this a nice car. Plenty of power in all forms (4cyl, 6cyl, and Hybrid versions!). One of the absolute best navigation systems available today. If you need a navigation system, but don't want the car (you non-conformist bastard you...) then I do suggest breaking in and stealling one from a Accord... (Note, I don't actually mean you should break in and steal a navigation system from the car...as long as you're not caught and don't blame me for your own stupidity )

Acura MDX/RDX/TSX/TL Type S
Acura%20MDX%20exterior%202.jpg

acura-rdx-20061005060803094.jpg

2006_Acura_TSX_ext_1.jpg

AcuraTL.jpg

I did say this was going to be a big list didn't I? Anyways if a Honda is not 'your thing' may I suggest Acura, the upclass honda. The MDX is one of the nicest SUV's out there now, with its new styling it makes itself seem smaller than it really is. But that's not a bad thing considering the visibility is some of the best I've come across (blindspots? where?). The RDX is the hot rod SUV, equipped with a Turbocharged engine (hearing the turbo spool up is a really awsome experience if you're driving it...), seats aren't as comfortable as the MDX but they're more than adequate for the job. The TSX is another great ride, since it's basically a Acura Accord all the blessings of the Accord transfer over to the Acura. The TL Type S is a astounding vehicle, plenty of power, great seats, great overall package really. I suggest these to anyone who wants one (and if you don't want one, then may God help your eternal soul burn in hell....just kidding....OR AM I?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!)

Suzuki SX4
suzuki_sx4_29_03_06.jpg

Dear God! I'm recommending a Suzuki!?!?! Damn straight. This is one surprising little car. Plenty of power for it's size, great visibility, and its like a little gokart. Woo!

Suzuki XL7
060413012.jpg

The bigger, more refined Suzuki. It makes the Grand Vitara redundant and pointless. Great room, nice options and great power. Just be very wary of the window seals, since they don't like the rain alot...

Hyundai Veracruz
hyundai-veracruz-0.jpg

Definitely the biggest shock I've had. This feels nothing like a hyundai (then again it costs about 35k) Seats 7(you can fit more...), DVD player, Leather, power liftgate....So many cool options that I can't remember them all, but I do know it's a excellent SUV. If you can get past the badge I say go for it...

Hyundai Elantra
060413008.jpg

See SX4 reveiw above, since they're virtually identical...

MazdaSpeed 3
main.jpg

In the dictionary under definition of 'Rocket car' they should have a picture of this, a truley awsome car, so awsome that everyone should own one (ok, maybe not that awsome, but you get the idea) Fast, roomy, SatNav, and it looks incredible...

Mazda CX-9/CX-7
060412008.jpg

mazda_cx-7_06_screen.jpg

More SUV Fun, these are definitely some of the most comfortable vehicles I've ever been in. They do everything very, very, very good. I big nod goes to Mazda for making these great vehicles...

And Now I take a break, look for more vehicles that don't suck in the near future...

Interesting to compare your comments to established journalists comments. Obviously I am going to take their word over yours haha(no offence...I am quite sure you understand why) but occasionally journalists can get a strange mindset about cars and lose sight of what is truly important so nice to read a "man on the streets" version so to speak.

I wish I had your job. Even with the shit pay haha

MazdaSpeed 3
main.jpg

In the dictionary under definition of 'Rocket car' they should have a picture of this, a truley awsome car, so awsome that everyone should own one (ok, maybe not that awsome, but you get the idea) Fast, roomy, SatNav, and it looks incredible...

Mazda CX-9/CX-7
060412008.jpg

mazda_cx-7_06_screen.jpg

More SUV Fun, these are definitely some of the most comfortable vehicles I've ever been in. They do everything very, very, very good. I big nod goes to Mazda for making these great vehicles...

And Now I take a break, look for more vehicles that don't suck in the near future...

Mazda FTW! By far my favorite car company on the face of the planet. Also the mazdaspeed 6 is a BLAST to drive

I'm glad to hear the Mazda3 is a good drive. I know the Protege was a very good car and one of the few FWD cars I thought handled well.

The US spec RS4 weighs nearly 4,000 lbs, that's hardly very very light for a compact sedan.
How does the Mazda CX-7 handle? I was driving a new entry level Saturn Vue and it was very slow and had steering that was lighter than I thought possible. It had lots of space, interior was decent, mileage is said to be good but it just wasn't even decent to drive. I'm wondering whether everything in that class is similar.

The US spec RS4 weighs nearly 4,000 lbs, that's hardly very very light for a compact sedan.
I was going to say this as well. Thats not even light by todays shitty standards.

How does the Mazda CX-7 handle? I was driving a new entry level Saturn Vue and it was very slow and had steering that was lighter than I thought possible. It had lots of space, interior was decent, mileage is said to be good but it just wasn't even decent to drive. I'm wondering whether everything in that class is similar.

I'm curious how the CX-7 stacks up vs the 9, especially since the 7 has the turbo 4 (with more torque and nearly same hp) vs the 9's v6.

How come there's no 2004 Crown Vic on that list, Mister?

It runs 15.2's... :tease:

And it's the R8 that has the engine from the RS4...

Hyundai Elantra....yeah right, I'd suggest a Proton instead :p:rolleyes::mrgreen::barf:
and the RS4 is not light, it's rather heavy, especially the front. And the R8 got it's engine from it and not the other way around.

Or the Fiat Sedici....;)

Or a car that handles well.

Most reviews of the Elantra here don't exactly speak praises about its handling or steering ('detached' is a word I've seen a number of times).

Of the Hyundai range, the Sonata looks decent enough, though.

There's one thing about that list though, something that's notably absent. Would it be that there's no American cars? I think so.

My pokey Nissan Altima is quicker than his enormous American sofa-car. The best bit is when you approach a bend, it drives round it, without crashing.
First of all, I've never heard that before, please go on.

Second, an ex-Police Interceptor, black with black steelies, and cop tires, cop suspension, etc. is infinitely cooler than yet another dull suburban grocery getter. 8)

Mazda FTW! By far my favorite car company on the face of the planet. Also the mazdaspeed 6 is a BLAST to drive

i'm with him ^^