Very Offensive Times Article

GPriest said:
So cheers immaturity, as it is the petrol-head way!!! :lol: :p
I know we are silly and immature.

But my point is that if we should stand a chance at influencing the faith of Top Gear, we need to give a good impression. If we don't, it's quite easy to just ignore us.

We need to be viewed as mature individs, that like cars, not as kids behind wheels.

Get the point? :p

Re: Very Offensive Times Article

Jezzabelle said:
I am so livid at this article...

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,24390-2382687,00.html

It is the most offensive Richard Hammond accident related bit of 'journalism' yet.
I thought you may like to see it, and defend not only hamster, but yourselves. As we are all like minded petrol heads, to varying degrees, it concerns us all.
I should attatch a health warning really as your blood might just boil.

(S)he didn't even write h(er)is damn name on it! What happened to journalistic integrity?
Even Clarkson may have personally destroyed Vauxhall's reputation, but at least he had the gumption to put his name to it.

:censored:

One suspects that the 'journalist' who wrote this (a) is pig ugly, (b) couldn't get a shag if her life depended on it, (c) probably has underarm hair that is longer than the hair on her head and (d) is pig ugly.

we just want to give up and become lesbians
Well perfect because if every women was like you , we would all be gay!

She had a bad childhood, and she was just waiting for a moment like this to burst in fury for those bad memories.

Instead of writing this paper she should seek counciling! :bangin:

"I wish men would understand this: it is proper, I don?t know where to look, snort-makingly, desperately naff. It?s the kind of behaviour that women get together over and discuss later, crying with laughter. It also has a deeply uncool, nerdiest boy at school vibe about it: a well adjusted adult male does not, as a rule, need to go in for schoolboy thrills; nor does he need to feel that his hobbies, such as they are, have the whiff of ?naughtiness? about them."

I dont see anything wrong with this, yes you might laugh other women might find it sexy and indearing. On the other hand men laugh on how much time women shop and think that we will notice shoes (by the way always tell a women you like her shoes). This well adjusted adult male must live in a box or a vagina with out espn.

this bit really boiled my p@*s........
"Nearly every man I?ve spoken to about Hammond loves the story of the crash and the recovery. It has everything: daredevilry, speed, machismo, drama and ? go on, my son ? plenty of testosterone."

how about the fact that it could be the thing they love about the story is that Richard Hammond (someone lots of these people care about) is alive and slowly recovering.

i can just imagine her stamping her feet and muttering "i'll show them" as she typed that piece. Not my idea of balanced material, seemed like more of a rant.
is it just me that thinks she hasn't got the ability to play devil's advocate in that piece without showing the world just how opinionated she is.

:twisted: and reeeelax!

jayhawk said:
"Cars are the closest thing to a living being that men can create". In other words, we cant physicaly bear children, so vehicles are the next closest thing. Anyone who owns an Alfa Romeo can relate. :lol:

Yep Alfa Romeo owner here!!!!! :thumbsup:

If all car owners where Alfisti then the world would be a better place.......lol we'd all walk everwhere since our Alfa's would break down :cry:

But really, I read through her article and then on to her page on "chicklit" and I suppose her personal experience and upbringing has lead her to this point. Which is fair enough.

Still I can't belive how she has generalised me (us)....I'm actually quite hurt. She needs a Alfa Romeo to get the point accross to her....

Let's face it, though, it was pretty irresponsible of Hammond to do what he did. It's one thing if he does it as a bachelor, but with a family, he's got to realize there are people depending on him.

I say that, but at the same time, I understand why he did what he did. Living life at 30 mph, driving a Mazda MPV and aspiring to weekends where I can drive my kids to soccer practice... I don't know any self-aware man who could live like that. The unexamined life is not worth living.

Samir said:
Let's face it, though, it was pretty irresponsible of Hammond to do what he did. It's one thing if he does it as a bachelor, but with a family, he's got to realize there are people depending on him.

I don't really see it as irresponsible, he was just hit with some very bad luck. It was a tire that blew out (last I heard). It wasn't caused by lack of experience and being too gung-ho about going fast. Wasn't about being too ballsy and doing dangerous things. It wasn't even about him screwing around and getting hurt. The tire blew, something nobody, using any amount of health & safety preperation, training to drive this type of car, or going slower would have prevented.

You can't live life avoiding all risks, unlucky things will find a way of getting you anyways. He was probably more likely to get in a car accident on the way to the studio then to roll this dragster.

You can't live life avoiding all risks, unlucky things will find a way of getting you anyways. He was probably more likely to get in a car accident on the way to the studio then to roll this dragster.[/quote]

^^ very good point, i mean what if he got into an accident while just driving normally would she find someway to take a stab at us, that the guys on TG have influenced the world to drive fast and all that or something>.>

Where would we be now if the pioneers of motoring just got their motorized carriages up to 15mph and said, "Well, that's faster than horses, now let's go have a pint."

Samir said:

Not really. Sure, it is something you don't do everyday, but there are more safety precautioned taken then you could even imagine. According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, timber cutters have the most perilous profession in the country (USA), with roughly 118 fatalities per 100,000 workers. Fisherman are next on the list, and does this mean that these hard working people are irresponsible?

If Hamster did decide to drink before hand, or not fasten his seatbelt... then ya that would be irresponsible. To be irresponsible he would have to show lack of care for consequences, which Ill put my money on that he did care whether the run would be completed safetly. He had profesionals helping him, so he had all confidence in them. It would be the same case as pointing out that a person driving on the road is irresponsible, expecially if he is suddenly hit by something (because everyone knows there are hazards on the road, but we believe that the chances of an accident happening are slim, expecially if we took all the precautions before hand. Life is full of misadvantures, but if you take all precautions before hand, I do not see how you can be called irresponsible).

i just started to read the article and i stopped, man, you can't take crap like that seriously enough to finish the damn piece. and even as a joke is bad.
it's amusing, though, it doesn't take her long to go from 1/4 of a valid point to making a complete ass of herself... not many lines, talk about speed.

now, since the top gear crowd is of the generous sort, there should be a dildo fund for frustrated newspaper writers affected by the richard hammond incidednt.

-manniac

Two things after browsing this thread:

1. She may have insulted half the Earth's population. But making fun of what she looks like (she's not that ugly, btw) and calling her a lesbian (it's probably true though) makes us look worse.

2. Funny how it takes a massive accident like this for her to notice Top Gear and their hooliganism, instead of the other 8 previous seasons. That instantly makes her a qualified expert on the topic. The Internets are a series of tubes!