Veyron SS no longer the fastest car in the world

I don't think that 415 km/h is a general limit, it is the safe limit for these tires on this car. On the other hand, I suppose that Hennessey & co. likely wouldn't sacrifice a possible world record for customer safety, so I don't really see them doing a similar thing.

In reality customer safety isn't really at risk. The odds of a customer car spending more than a minute over 415 kph is pretty low.

Of course.
Not enough fuel. :p

In reality customer safety isn't really at risk. The odds of a customer car spending more than a minute over 415 kph is pretty low.

The odds of a customer car even hitting 415 kph are pretty low.. maybe a Saudi or some rich Texas oil baron, but I doubt anyone in the rest of the US or Europe will be able to find a road deserted and open enough to hit 257 MPH.

The odds of a customer car even hitting 415 kph are pretty low.. maybe a Saudi or some rich Texas oil baron, but I doubt anyone in the rest of the US or Europe will be able to find a road deserted and open enough to hit 257 MPH.

Sounds like a challenge, get me a Veyron and meet me on the A15.

what distance does the veyron need to hit its topspeed?

It can be done, especially when you have the money. Bugatti owners have the money.

Seems that Guinness have re-read their (arbitrary) rules and decided to reinstate the Veyron SS to the top spot.

Personally, I don't recognise the speed records of either car as they were conducted off the public highway and the drivers were not conducting a telephone conversation over bluetooth at the time. Also, neither of these vehicles have practical cup holders. :p

Do people actually use their cup holders to hold cups? It's usually cell phones, MP3 players, pens/pencils, petrol bill receipts, lose change, car chargers for the MP3 player or cell phone, sunglasses/glasses, maps, random bits of your car that have fallen off and you're too lazy to put back on and various other miscellaneous items.

Personally I'd rather car companies just put a bigger empty storage hole in the console, and then perhaps provide an attachment or sleeve that can be inserted into that hole that would function as a cup holder in the rare opportunity that you need one.

Do people actually use their cup holders to hold cups? It's usually cell phones, MP3 players, pens/pencils, petrol bill receipts, lose change, car chargers for the MP3 player or cell phone, sunglasses/glasses, maps, random bits of your car that have fallen off and you're too lazy to put back on and various other miscellaneous items.

Personally I'd rather car companies just put a bigger empty storage hole in the console, and then perhaps provide an attachment or sleeve that can be inserted into that hole that would function as a cup holder in the rare opportunity that you need one.

What kind of American are you? Cup holders are necessary. The worst part about early Mini Coopers like my 2002 was the horrible cupholders. Must have cupholders!

You never really realize the value of good cup holders until your car has poorly designed ones... like mine. They block the radio when deployed and can barely hold a cup of coffee or a water bottle, much less anything else.

Mine are plenty big and sturdy, but due to the awesomely short shifter, cups in the cupholders stick up right where your arm needs to be to shift :lol:

What kind of American are you? Cup holders are necessary. The worst part about early Mini Coopers like my 2002 was the horrible cupholders. Must have cupholders!

It was mostly tongue-in-cheek; everyone uses cupholders, but every time I find myself in a drive-thru I usually find myself taking random objects OUT of my cupholder to put my cup in it.

E87 cupholders were utterly useless for anything resembling a cup. The F20 ones are really good. Placing takes some getting used to, but its ok, at least having a autobox. May be a bit annoying with a manual I could imagine. But I don't have small crap in the car so the cupholders tend to be empty. At max I have the phone there when I had it for whatever reason not in my pocket (bt handsfree) or in the holder (abused as satnav).