Veyron to be delivered soon.

Expect more delays to come.

I'm not a fan of the Veyron. It's too.. overstated. I mean, it's a great car and all, it has a diamond in the starter button and I think on a few other places, it has a huge engine and as far as cars go, it looks damn good.. but.. the point is, it's never gonna be known as the Bugatti Veyron. It's gonna be known as 'the fastest car in the world, you know, the one that's 10 mph faster then the McLaren F1'.

Gimme a Koenigsegg CC-R over the Veyron anyday.

agreed ......

haz

zeroSignal said:
It's gonna be known as 'the fastest car in the world, you know, the one that's 10 mph faster then the McLaren F1'.

Gimme a Koenigsegg CC-R over the Veyron anyday.
:lol: Because Koenigsegg is a household name, right?

Ultra_Kool_Dude said:
I hope Top Gear gets a hold of one.
It'll have to be like Nick Mason and his Enzo...Bugatti will never just give them one to test.

Because Koenigsegg is a household name, right?

No, and that's exactly the point. With the amout of exposure that the Veyron gets, as well as pretty much everything from Ferrari & Lamborghini, the Koenigsegg is quite the underdog. We all know it's better, but it's still a very rare and rather unknown car.

Exactly why I love the Zonda. It's built by a man who wears two watches (or a two-piece watch) :)

Lederlieber said:
I love the Veyron. It looks a lot better in real life than in pictures. :D
And just think about it, 1001 hp :drool:

And there was a rumour that they would be released with 1200hp. (a bonus for the delay, I guess)

My mind tells me people will buy this because it has 1001bhp...

If you REALLY want to have horsepower..buy this engine:

Big!

Point of maximum continuous power is 89,640 HP.
The 12-cylinder engine exceeded 100,000 horsepower during overspeed testing (all of 101.5 RPM!) while under test at Japan's Diesel Union works (who built the first engines and from who these pictures are taken).

zeroSignal said:
Because Koenigsegg is a household name, right?

No, and that's exactly the point. With the amout of exposure that the Veyron gets, as well as pretty much everything from Ferrari & Lamborghini, the Koenigsegg is quite the underdog.
So...you just completely nullified your earlier point.
zeroSignal said:
We all know it's better, but it's still a very rare and rather unknown car.
Um...I'd rather have the Veyron, thanks. That's just the kind of person I am...I like a little refinement with my spirited driving.

So...you just completely nullified your earlier point.

No no no, I think I might have expressed myself wrongly. During the past ooh.. what.. 76 years that we've been hearing about the Bugatti, we've always heard stuff like "it's gonna have 1001 hp" and "it's gonna be the fastest car in the world" and whatnot. Everyone knows about the Bugatti, but everyone knows it as the (supposedly) fastest car in the world.

Then out of nowhere (or pretty much so), comes this underdog, that completely stumps everyone. THAT'S why I want a Koenigsegg. Because it's NOT widely known and because IT IS better. It just simply delivers, without all the fanfare and noise of the Bugatti..

zeroSignal said:
Because it's NOT widely known and because IT IS better. It just simply delivers, without all the fanfare and noise of the Bugatti..
How is it better? The Veyron hasn't even been released yet. That's like saying the Fiat Punto is "better" than the Veyron.

pherhaps it will be out in october, but it probably be recalled a few weeks or months later lol!

as zerosignal said... I prefer the koenigsegg as well... it is the underdog and it is still widely unknown in the non-petrolhead world