• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

Vice president of Fiat Auto - Hospitalized for drug overdose

pdanev

Forum Addict
From mercurynews.com

Agnelli family's Lapo Elkann hospitalized

ARIEL DAVID

Associated Press

ROME - Lapo Elkann, a member of Italy's Agnelli business dynasty and a vice president of Fiat Auto SpA, was hospitalized Monday in Turin for a drug overdose, a city official said.

Riccardo Caldara, a spokesman for the city of Turin, confirmed Italian news agency reports that Elkann had been taken to Mauriziano hospital, but said he had no other details.

The Italian news agency ANSA said Elkann, 28, was taken in serious condition by ambulance after becoming ill in an apartment in Turin, where automaker Fiat has its headquarters. It later reported, quoting unidentified health officials, that Elkann's life "is not in danger."

"Lapo Elkann was hospitalized this morning for respiratory problems of pharmacological origin," said a statement issued by Fiat.

"His condition isn't worrisome and medically absolutely stable," the statement said without elaborating.

Hospital officials refused to comment.

ANSA quoted Elkann's father, Italian writer Alain Elkann, as saying, "The news about my son's condition has been exaggerated. In any case, Lapo is better."

The affable but intense Elkann is in charge of brand promotion at Fiat, a closely watched role as the carmaker tries to revamp its line of models and turn around its sagging fortunes.

Elkann's older brother, John, is the vice chairman of Fiat and is being groomed to take over the auto giant, Italy's largest non-state company.

The brothers are grandsons of Giovanni "Gianni" Agnelli, the late Fiat chairman and longtime family patriarch. Their mother, Margherita, is the daughter of the late Agnelli, and their father, Margherita's former husband, is Alain Elkann, an Italian writer.

Because it is a drug case, police and prosecutors were investigating, Italian news reports said. Turin police officials were not immediately available for comment, and phones at the prosecutors' office were not answered early Monday afternoon.

Seems like we found the key for FIAT not doing so well... :think:

I recently read an interview with him in Autocar. The journalist seemed to believe that if Fiat was to get better, it would be under the 2 brothers control. John, the quiet one, Lapo the extroverted (sp) one.
Unfortunately, this is quite common in big cities and within some groups. I was once told of some portuguese journalists that like to inspire a little bit harder and quicker, and I was completely amazed.
Like Kate Moss. A big scandal, but how many models do the same as her?