Vicki's "Big, Big Bikes"

Ripplin

Car(s)
2003 VW Golf TDI
This was a 2-part documentary on the Discovery Channel narrated by VBH about different motorbikes.

Anyone else see it? It's really good! :thumbsup:

Nope. :p Too bad, cuz we know she's a good rider anyway. It's cool that they picked someone that knows and appreciates bikes.

I saw it some time ago.
That 3-wheel Hayabusa was just utterly stupid.

Yeah, it looked dumb, but can't deny that it's unique. (they sure put a lot of money into it, though! :?) I was cool that he was doing burnouts at high speed. :p

My favorite crazy bike was the monowheel. It's like sci-fi come to life!

Dig these crazy bikes I just found here:

21a6.jpg

Japanese motorcycle giant Yamaha unveils the concept model of a high-performance hybrid motorcycle, the 'Gen-Ryu,' equipped with a 600cc engine and electric motor hybrid system which can achieve over 1,000cc class machine performance at the 39th Tokyo Motor Show in Makuhari, on Thursday, Oct 20, 2005.

21a11.jpg

'Deinonychus' equipped with two in-wheel motors to drive both front and rear wheels with a stretch function aluminium frame to change riding style at the Tokyo Motor Show in Makuhari on Thursday, Oct 20, 2005.

Ripplin said:
Yeah, it looked dumb, but can't deny that it's unique. (they sure put a lot of money into it, though! :?) I was cool that he was doing burnouts at high speed. :p

My favorite crazy bike was the monowheel. It's like sci-fi come to life!

Dig these crazy bikes I just found here:

21a11.jpg

'Deinonychus' equipped with two in-wheel motors to drive both front and rear wheels with a stretch function aluminium frame to change riding style at the Tokyo Motor Show in Makuhari on Thursday, Oct 20, 2005.
It's got pegs offf a bmx. Do they think your going to go and grind your local halfppipe on it.

I wouldn't be surprised if someone saw that and thought of using it as a BMX. :p Maybe Mat Hoffman, who doesn't even use brakes in the halfpipe!

huh? you use brakes in the halp pipe? :?

i've never BMXed (used to be a blader) but don't you just need as much speed as possible, so you can get more air time, why would you brake?

bone said:
huh? you use brakes in the halp pipe? :?
Yeah, Hoffman is pretty much the only guy I know of that doesn't use them. It's true that you wouldn't want to brake for most of it to keep the speed up, but if they came back down funny or ran out of runway, so to speak, that's what they'd need the brakes for. To avoid crashing into crowds or flying off the side of the pipe. There's also a trick called a foofanoo, where you go up and stall on the back tire. You need the rear brake for that trick. It's like a trials jump.