• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

Video editing : resizing frames and decreasing video quality

Status
Not open for further replies.

EsPpY

Was wondering how to actually do this, with a 700MB TG Rip I'll like to make into a 350MB. To be honest, I'm doing this because the recent 350MB ones were a bit problematic, and theres a slow motion in one of the eps. The audio is stuck at 96kbps, which I'll very much love to have it at 128 at least.

Ok anyway, what stuffs and programs do I need to specify the framesize, frame quality, and what not to make the size decrease by half ?

Mind giving me a walkthrough ? I've got VDub. Heh.

Wish BigJ would see this.... :|

In Virtualdub use the resize filter and change it to 512x288 and precise bicubic 0.75 if you want it to be the same resolution as VUKs. Use 2 pass xvid. Turn off the audio on the first pass. On the second pass use direct stream copy if the audio is already compressed to what you want it to be, eg 128bit mp3 which is what I think the 700MB ones are. On the video 2nd pass set the target size to 350MB and press the calc button and set the size in the target size field. On the length of the video round it up to the nearest minute and then add 1 or 2 minutes. Don't forget to put the audio vales in the audio section. Most likely mp3-cbr and 128. You can try to keep the size the same if you want but I've found 512x288 to be a good size.

Edit : Ok found it.

Problem with the audio though. Tried to take it out with LAME mp3, it says I dont have the codec. What the....

Idea on that ? I have the codec, my dbPowerAMP works perfectly with it... :/

You guys try extracting from a 700mb one, if you have, and see what happens. Vdub error.

roaming said:
In Virtualdub use the resize filter and change it to 512x288 and precise bicubic 0.75 if you want it to be the same resolution as VUKs. Use 2 pass xvid. Turn off the audio on the first pass. On the second pass use direct stream copy if the audio is already compressed to what you want it to be, eg 128bit mp3 which is what I think the 700MB ones are. On the video 2nd pass set the target size to 350MB and press the calc button and set the size in the target size field. On the length of the video round it up to the nearest minute and then add 1 or 2 minutes. Don't forget to put the audio vales in the audio section. Most likely mp3-cbr and 128. You can try to keep the size the same if you want but I've found 512x288 to be a good size.

I got the first step, but how do I "used 2 pass xvid" from there on?

empowah said:
I got the first step, but how do I "used 2 pass xvid" from there on?

Make sure you have the Xvid codec installed on your PC. In Virtualdub select full processing mode in the video menu item. Again under the video menu select compression. Select the xvid codec, it will probably the the last in the list and select configure. Under encoding type select Twopass - 1st pass. Save the avi. The file will not be openable. Now go back to the compression > Xvid > configure section and select Twopass - 2nd pass and select your target size or bit rate or as in my above post use the built in calculator. Now save it again and on this pass make sure you include the audio in this pass. As mentioned above if it is already compressed you can use direct stream copy. This is for the keopi build of the Xvid codec. I don't know if Nic's has the calculator.

EsPpY said:

Problem with the audio though. Tried to take it out with LAME mp3, it says I dont have the codec. What the....

You guys try extracting from a 700mb one, if you have, and see what happens. Vdub error.

I'll have a go tonight when I get home. If I remember. :mrgreen: If the audio is already compressed to the rate that you want and it is cbr you should not have to extract it. By the way how are you trying to extract the audio as the only option I can find is to save it as a wav(e) file?

roaming said:
EsPpY said:

I'll have a go tonight when I get home. If I remember. :mrgreen: If the audio is already compressed to the rate that you want and it is cbr you should not have to extract it. By the way how are you trying to extract the audio as the only option I can find is to save it as a wav(e) file?
Got a uneven bitrate for the vid... surprisingly.

And when I tried to extract it out, it said... need some MP3 ACM codec. Heh ?!

Update : I got it down to 512x288, but the audio... cant be timed properly. All off.

And, I cant even take out the audio first, convert then put it back in. ARRRRGH !!! :cry:

^^ A bit much fuss, ain't it??? Why not keep the 700 MB versions? TG isn't worth and extra DVD-R???

Buba

Buba said:
^^ A bit much fuss, ain't it??? Why not keep the 700 MB versions? TG isn't worth and extra DVD-R???

Buba
I wanna save space on my HDD. I dont keep stuffs on discs. :unsure:

Get good media, and its the better way to go. I burn all my vids to Imation DVD+R's. That way I can watch them on my dvd-divx player thats connected to the tv. And HD's are more prone to failure, they have moving parts, one good shock, or virus and its usually gone, unless your have a good backup.

TechZ said:
Get good media, and its the better way to go. I burn all my vids to Imation DVD+R's. That way I can watch them on my dvd-divx player thats connected to the tv. And HD's are more prone to failure, they have moving parts, one good shock, or virus and its usually gone, unless your have a good backup.

After I got some CRC errors, I'm even backing up everything twice. :unsure:

Ok, had look when I got home and worked out what to do. There are 2 ways to do it. For both you will need to get BeSweet and BeLight from the Doom9 download page and For one method you will need VirtualDubMod and for the other you will need VOBinput from the BeSweet website. There is a link to it from Doom9.

Method 1) Put the files from BeSweet, BeLight, and the VOBinput dll in the same directory. start up BeLight and make sure you have the wave tab selected. Set the input file to be the avi file that you want to extract the wave file from. Then start the extraction. now when you open the avi in VirtualDub go to the "Audio" menu item, select "WAV Audio..." and browse to the wave file that you extracted. From there you can do the avi compression to what you want.

Method 2) Open the avi file in VirtualDubMod and select no when it asks if you want to rewrite the header. Go to the "Stream list" option in the "Streams" menu item. Select "Demux" and save the stream. Now start up BeLight and, as in method one, make sure you have the wave tab selected. Open the mp3 stream that you extracted and start the extraction. Start VirtualDub and open the avi file. As in method one, select the "WAV Audio..." option in the "Audio" menu item and open the wave file that you extracted. From there you can do the avi compression to what you want.

Wow. Using Vdub mod, it takes 2 hours to take the audio out ?

EDIT: Found the problem. "Processing thread has not cycled for ten seconds. Possible livelock. Thread location : 7C90EB94"

The frame just hangs there, unable to be processed. Aww crap. I used method 2 btw.

Status
Not open for further replies.