Video of my ride; a sacrifice of rubber to the mountain gods

klutch

Courteous urinator
Car(s)
Do it for me.
Playing around with my digicam, trying to figure out if its worth it to get a proper DV cam...

[YOUTUBE]http://youtube.com/watch?v=FIzfsuNm_ds[/YOUTUBE]

I know, nothing special, and a 20 minute edit job - its not exactly Ghostrider - but I'll try to get into proper editing and the required tools this summer. This was just experimenting with different mounting points showing off my dirty, dirty bike.

Edit: mods, feel free to move this into the video section.

Last edited:
I've driven that road literally hundreds of times, and recognize every corner in the video. Some of the cornering speeds are pretty impressive, and I'm not going to comment on the issues regarding doing that on public roads.

In terms of the actual filming, some of the shots are good, some not so much. The traditional one with the speedo & tach works well. The ones where all you can see is the rider, and the rest of the picture is blown out because of the camera trying to compensate for your black suit... not so much.

I think the shot of the rear wheel could be a lot better if the camera was pointed so you could see the horizon behind, rather than just the road below the wheel. Don't know if that's possible or not though.

I appreciate the feedback. I agree, the 'back shot' is lame; I later figured out the camera was locked to zoom, and not as wide angle as it should have been. I'll try something next time with the camera mounted on the mirror or hanging off the left side of the tail for a better shot of the rider. The swingarm mount is a little tricky, as you have to be mindful of the positioning of leg movement, and if the camera falls, its going straight into the chain.

As far as the 'public road' issue goes, its really hard to find places to ride around here; all the bikers will flock to Cypress during the summer, and people ride recklessly with considerable traffic. The ski hill is closed now, and I went mid-day Monday with cold, overcast skies - I saw 8 cars in three hours. I wasn't pushing it in the corners; you really can't, even there: visibility is too poor. Not too sure how else to minimize risk; the one track in BC is closed to public events right now. I won't even consider riding fast in the city, unlike many bikers in Vancouver.

Last edited:
Too many shots of your ass, thighs, and haunches wiggling to adjust yourself on the seat.

I figured the tight leather suit would make up for that...:)

No, I'm a dude, and (from the angles, anyways) you look like a dude. I didn't mean "wiggling" like a fat joke. You're on a bike, and you have to adjust. Just...as a man, if I wanted to see a leather-clad butt moving and shifting around, it wouldn't be a man's butt on a motorcycle. :p

Just this reporter's opinion.

You only need to work out a few things, other than that I liked it!
7.5 out of 10. :thumbsup:

I figured the tight leather suit would make up for that...:)

I liked those shots... I feel closer to you now ;-)

Yeah, nice vid, good sensible speed. Do all the bikes in the US have a km/h speedo?

Hey, that's right by my house!

Oh yeah? Whereabouts, the big condo buildings? Or the houses with residents that call the police to complain about the noisy cars/bikes every weekend? :p

You trade the RSX for an IS?

Well I can't just go ahead and tell you the exact house I live in, duh. :p

Yeah, got myself an IS. Didn't trade as the RSX was a lease and Acura wanted to rape me on the buyout pretty much. I'll get around to pics soon enough... just gotta finish my last exam tomorrow night.