Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better quality sizes - 700MB for Top Gear, 350MB for Fifth Gear

• I don't care either way

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was gonna say, keep them the way it is but it looks like most of the posts are going that way already.

KEEP THEM AS IT IS! I have cable and a CD burner and all that, but I hate waiting for my episodes. When I want something, I want it NOW.

On my opinion the best size/quality until now is the Fifth Gear dated by 2004.05.10

But would it be possible to do both quality rips?? After all - one third of us want the eps in the best possible quality.
It wouldn't be a problem for me to seed them till the next episode comes out either.

reiniz said:
But would it be possible to do both quality rips?? After all - one third of us want the eps in the best possible quality.
Don't you think this is too much to ask?

I mean, the Fifth Gear episode posted on 2004.05.10 is quite small (only 164 Mb) but the quality much better than now :!:

chaos386 said:
The episodes take long enough to download as it is! :shock: If I had a faster connection, I'd like the larger filesize, but it takes me a couple days to d/l an episode right now. How would the seeders feel, though? It seems that increasing the filesize would lower the number of eps they can upload before they hit their bandwidth limits.

most seeders do not have bandwidth limits most likely. I used to have 10GB limit on my old crappy connection for both upload and download. now I can upload over 8GB per day.

It's too much work to release two torrents per episode. :?

Bimmer said:
I didn't know people had limited upload/download :shock:

I, for one, do: 1.5 GB of upload per month. With a gig to download per week using torrent, that just spells trouble. I love to have everything in the best possible quality (which is why I hate mp3 for instance), but in this case, the current quality is the limit for me.

I voted "I dont care"

I have lastest (5 ep) ripped by vfua - 697 MB
d/led from TB with very, very good bandwidth - 200 KB/s
see here screenshot - Top.Gear.S05E05.PROPER.WS.PDTV.XviD-VFUA
as I said the quality isnt good like a DVD, but its better than VUK's rips
however in my opinion they aren't enough twice good as VUK's rips

I'm soon getting DVDRW, so I don't mind size
My 200 GB HDD is feeling healthy so far ;)

rsling 700/350 rips is waste of time and space
I suggest to use better codes (if there r, I think they do) in 350/180mb rips

Now quality is good (btw QL is important to me),
so when VUK use better codes there will be no need to rls 700/350 rips

thats what im thinking about it

edit
I made screenshot of 4 ep ripped by VUK to compare
hera'ya go - Top.Gear.S05.E04
as u can see its more pixelized (when u fullscreen it of course), and the resolution is smaller

I thought I was the last person in the world to buy a DVD burner.

A great NEC burner is US$69, quality DVD-Rs are 30 cents.

But more importantly, this BitTorrent site seems to be allergic to using BitTorrent !

Why not have TWO torrents of each TG episode - 350mb and 700mb ?

Many BT sites have dozens of downloads (look at soccer sites, for example) that have only 2 or 3 seeds, and only 5 or 6 downloaders. If there were two torrents of each TG episode, each choice would have much greater use than the average BT torrent.

IF a second source is found to capture the episodes themselves, then one could do a 350mb torrent and the other could do a 700mb torrent.

Suppose we could have Sith doing one and VUK doing the other or something. But tbh, I'm very happy with the 350mb downloads. This size is still the norm for 1hr programs and I have a feeling will continue to be for a while. Although a while in computing terms probably means a couple more months! :D

(The response to this thread is quite incredible!)

At the minimum, please ask Vuk to go back to the combination he used in 11-07 (and also used by the subsitute person on 11-21), with the stereo 128k (or 112k) MP3 audio @48k - as used on almost all TV downloads these days.

Note that even those how support the 350mb size are looking for better audio than the 11-14 ep.

Thanks!

JScullin said:
What we may want to find is a better codec?
sebaz said:
With a better codec, that gives better quality when compressing audio/video.
NetHolik said:
I suggest to use better codes (if there r, I think they do) in 350/180mb rips
For video there isn't anything better than XVID (well H.264 is but that isn't practical).
For audio, AAC and OGG are better, but that would probably cause a lot of questions of people that can't get the audio to work.

yeah, I heard about H.264
its bloody good!
but not everyone has 2,5GHz CPU... ;)

But what's the different in quality of the Fifth Gear episode 2004.05.10? I think this episode has a superb quality/size performance. Why don't Vuk just hold on the same way :?:

reiniz said:
ESPNSTI said:
For audio, AAC and OGG are better, but that would probably cause a lot of questions of people that can't get the audio to work.

People can use VLC player - requires no codecs at all and plays EVERYTHING!
http://www.videolan.org/vlc/
True, perhaps if that is our standard answer it wouldn't be that bad.
(Personally I don't like that player for several reasons, but then again I usually have no problems with any type of Codec either :) ).

Status
Not open for further replies.