• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

Video Spy Shot: BMW X5

Overheat

Forum Addict
x5-spy-vid-home.jpg

We caught the next, bigger seven-seat X5 testing at the Nurburgring. And we've never seen an SUV driven so hard! The Porsche 911 eventually catches it, though...

Watch it here:
http://www.channel4.com/4car/video/index.html

andyhui01 said:
it seems pretty low... looks nothing like an suv
are you saying minivan?! :shock:

i dont think thats it. i've seen better pictures of it somewhere; trust me it isnt really that low. i dont know wtf they were doing with that car

andyhui01 said:
it seems pretty low... looks nothing like an suv
since when do SUVs need lots of suspension travel? 8)

It looks to be going around the Carousel in that picture, which would easily compress the suspension on that side.

On the other hand, by testing it on the Ring instad of the Outback or something, BMW is finally admitting they have no delusions about their SUV's offroad capabilities, or lack thereof. ;)

Yep, that 4X4 was pushed really hard! I shouldn't really call it a 4X4 though...

I think that the new X5's have a power-fold rear seat option. Seen it work on the GL Merc and they are really good.

7 seats? Nice... I drove the recent one after it came out... Good car...

BerserkerCatSplat said:
On the other hand, by testing it on the Ring instad of the Outback or something, BMW is finally admitting they have no delusions about their SUV's offroad capabilities, or lack thereof. ;)
most european SUVs are tested on the ring...land rovers for example. ;)

Have they designed the grill yet?

The car industry should split the term SUV in two for offroad cars and city cars.