• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

Video vs Computer Gaming

Video vs Computer Gaming

  • video console

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • personal computer

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    0
I think that mostly depends on what type of games you like.
For example, I like simulation (racing) games, and IMHO a PC is better suited for that.
If you're more in to arcade style or sports games, you might be more inclined to like console.
 
One of the bonuses for PC Games is that it's easier to patch, mod, download add-ons, etc.
 
jeffy777 said:
One of the bonuses for PC Games is that it's easier to patch, mod, download add-ons, etc.
Agreed....on the other hand consoles don?t have problems with incompatibility, lack of memory, etc...
Put game in, turn on and play.

PS: Damn, only I voted for consoles....
:cry:
 
PC for me too, Can't even imagine the crappyness of trying to play a FPS with a game pad instead of a mouse.
 
ESPNSTI said:
I think that mostly depends on what type of games you like. For example, I like simulation (racing) games, and IMHO a PC is better suited for that. If you're more in to arcade style or sports games, you might be more inclined to like console.

I feel the same. Both got their very own genres which aren't available on either system. I for myself enjoy typycal pc genres like fps shooters as much as I enjoy a good rpg like Skies of Arcadia. So if you consider yourself a real gamer you'd probably need both.

Where's the "they supplement eachother" option ?
 
If I had to choose, pc. I play much more on my pc than on my consoles, and the pc is for so much more than just gaming.
 
PC no doubt. I've had to invest a small fortune into this thing, but it's worth it. :)
 
The keyboard and mouse is the best controller you wil ever have.

I still <3 my Xbox though.
 
jayjaya29 said:
The keyboard and mouse is the best controller you wil ever have.

Yes, for most stuff it is, but I prefer to have a gamepad or wheel when racing :) My personal favorite is an Xbox controller using a USB adaptor.
 
voted video - much prefer to play sitting on the comfy lounge with big-screen tv (even though the resolution sucks) with some mates

and besides, GT4 ain't on PC :)
 
No comparison.

You miss out on so many quality games if you don't have a PS2/Xbox/GameCube.

MGS series, Final Fantasy, GTA, GT, Zelda, Halo, Madden, NBA LIVE/ESPN, God of War, DOA, Tekken, I can go on for days. The quality of games on consoles are far, far better than PC games. It's very, very rare that you get a PC game that outdoes a console in terms of storyline, cinematics, voice acting, etc. FPS are fun, but they sure aren't epic.

Not to mention, the Keyboard/Mouse is the worst combination for a gaming device. That combo ONLY works on FPS and RTS.
 
///M said:
No comparison.

You miss out on so many quality games if you don't have a PS2/Xbox/GameCube.

MGS series, Final Fantasy, GTA, GT, Zelda, Halo, Madden, NBA LIVE/ESPN, God of War, DOA, Tekken, I can go on for days. The quality of games on consoles are far, far better than PC games. It's very, very rare that you get a PC game that outdoes a console in terms of storyline, cinematics, voice acting, etc. FPS are fun, but they sure aren't epic.

Not to mention, the Keyboard/Mouse is the worst combination for a gaming device. That combo ONLY works on FPS and RTS.
GTA and Halo are available on PC (and look much better because of higher resolution IMHO).
I think GTA is a step above the rest, but IMHO, halo is just another FPS.
FYI, Half-Life 2 is much better and is epic and so was Dark Forces (and some of the Jedi Knight series) and Wolfenstein 3D, and you better believe that Call of Duty is epic.

But I think part of this is again what type of games you like.
For example NBA Live / Madden / Tekken do little or nothing for me, but if I did like them, I would need a console.
But, I like simulation (racing) and FPS games, so for that I need a PC.

IMHO, depending on what type of games you like, you need a console, a pc or both.
I have both (but only because GT isn't on the PC).
 
ESPNSTI said:
GTA and Halo are available on PC (and look much better because of higher resolution IMHO).
Halo is a joke though on the PC. The devs did a horrible job on optimization.

As for ///M's argument, that's kinda like saying you should buy a Civic because there are tons of parts out there for them. :p

Okay, not really, but still.
 
As for racing games, I am split between the PC and Console. The PC has better graphics, but its kind of annoying using the directional keys or WASD to drive the car. The console has better controller for racing, but worse graphics.
 
jayjaya29 said:
As for racing games, I am split between the PC and Console. The PC has better graphics, but its kind of annoying using the directional keys or WASD to drive the car. The console has better controller for racing, but worse graphics.
Console better controller for racing? :lol:
Unless you're either not that serious about racing games or don't have the money, you get a steering wheel.
Wheels are available both for console and PC, however since most people probably don't have their TV sitting on a desk, they have to find some way to mount it in order to use it with a console.
 
Top