Vietnam Special in HD?

I have given up and just watch the episodes on line. That's the only way I know to get the full, uncut, original BBC TV versions. If the BBC could find a way to sell us these on DVD, Top Gear might not be one of the most pirated shows in the world.

Are the DVD segments the same cut as the TV version just with different music?
If it is then it should be possible to mux TV audio with DVD video. Might require a bit of work, but should definitely be doable.

Sorry to revive such an old thread, I recently acquired a 1080p version of this episode, but the audio is in french. Would someone be interested in trying to sync the video with some english audio? I am french myself, but won't accept any kind of translation. Thanks!

Sorry to revive such an old thread, I recently acquired a 1080p version of this episode, but the audio is in french. Would someone be interested in trying to sync the video with some english audio? I am french myself, but won't accept any kind of translation. Thanks!

Don't play with my heart strings! Share the goods!

I know that Top Gear was only in SD until series 14, but... last year the BBC had the Vietnam Special available on BBC iPlayer in HD. I played it and it was definitely authentically HD and not upscaled. It would be great if they ever released that version in a purchasable form.

I know that Top Gear was only in SD until series 14, but... last year the BBC had the Vietnam Special available on BBC iPlayer in HD. I played it and it was definitely authentically HD and not upscaled. It would be great if they ever released that version in a purchasable form.

This is on the iPlayer now: http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00gfhsn/top-gear-series-12-episode-8

Although it says BBC Three HD, the episode is certainly not HD. It's 832x468 with a bitrate of 1500kbits/s

Maybe it was shown in HD at some point, if so i've never even seen any screenshots to back this up.